# IPW:UK To Take On The World On March 15th At The Broxbourne Civic Hall – First Ever IPW:UK Supershow!!
Â» IPW:UK take on the world on March 15th, as a specially selected IPW:UK team will face off against some of the World’s finest signed superstars. From champions of Holland, Switzerland, America and more, see an evening full to the brim with top class talent.
Plus, see another exciting match in the British National Tournament.
And, an exclusive first-ever IPW:UK Title match!
For full card information: click here!
To purchase tickets: click here!
# Storm & Stone To Challenge For Gold In Triple Threat Title Match!
Â» In 2005, Martin Stone and Jonny Storm came together with Jack Storm and Dave Moralez to form a foursome known as The Untouchables. Fast-forward to April 2007 and the four men broke apart, with â€˜The Wonderkid’ siding with â€˜The Guvnor’.
Despite this history however, and despite Storm and Stone most likely being on the same page for anything else, there will be no friends come March 15th as â€˜The Wonderkid’ and â€˜The Guvnor’ will collide in triple threat action against current reigning and defending IPW:UK Champion, Andy Boy Simmonz.
â€˜The Wonderkid’ was a shooting star in the FWA, the promotion who used to frequent the grounds of the Broxbourne Civic Hall, but has been infrequent in his appearances in IPW:UK. His last appearance though was a winning one, downing â€˜The Misfit’ Jorge Castano in his British National Championship first round bout. Due to his strong record at the Broxbourne Civic Hall (including a win over Paul Robinson at IPW:UK’s only other event at the venue), Storm will get his first ever shot at main gold.
â€˜The Guvnor’ needs no real introduction – the most decorated champion, singles or otherwise, in IPW:UK history and a near 18-month reign on top have put him in the effective IPW:UK hall of fame. Having came within inches of regaining title gold on several occasions since losing it, he remains aloft the top of all title rankings, and once again gets the chance to put the belt back around his waist on March 15th!
Simmonz has history against both men, and come March 15th the champ will be looking to lay out two key rivals to his title gold on the path to becoming the greatest British Heavyweight champion of all time.
# Swiss Money Get Their Rematch For IPW:UK Tag Gold – IPW:UK vs. The World!
Â» When Swiss Money Holding made their IPW:UK debut in December of 2006, few would’ve put money on them walking straight in and taking IPW:UK Tag gold on their first night in the promotion – but they did. The combo of Double C and Ares took the gold off of The Dragon Hearts, and alongside third member Mark Roudin, the trio managed to hold onto it for the best part of 12 months before finally being downed in September at the Third Anniversary Weekender by the only team who seemed to have the better of the Swiss superstars, The Kartel.
Sha Samuels and Terry Frazier are cocky London lads who comprise one of the best tag units, if not the best, on the UK scene at the minute. Whether together or apart, they’re a mean match for anybody, and have defeated many of the UK’s top teams both in and out of IPW:UK since taking the gold.
With Swiss Money Holding due one rematch as outgoing champions, and Roudin and Ares both being signed to Team World, they have decided to cash that cheque and will be challenging to regain the titles they feel they rightfully deserve come March 15th!
# Tommy End To Make His British Debut
Â» The spectacular Dutchman, Tommy End, will make his British debut on March the 15th as IPW:UK recruit this wXw regular for Team World!
In 2006 End reached the top of German promotion wXw’s Lightweight division, competing in a tournament to crown the undisputed wXw Lightweight champion. Other competitors included the likes of fellow World team member El Generico, Britain’s own â€˜Man That Gravity Forgot’ Pac, Mike Quackenbush, Ricky Marvin and reigning champ at the time â€˜Tremendous’ Emil Sitoci.
After all was said and done though, End was the one left on top of the pile as the undisputed champion.
Also a regular in promotions like his native Pro Wrestling Holland, End will be making his debut for IPW:UK and is looking to uphold the strong record of other fellow wXw stars who’ve wrestled for us, such as Stevie Douglas and former IPW:UK Tag Champions and fellow stars of Team World, Swiss Money Holding.
His opponent will be none other than the mammoth strongman â€˜The Human Hate Machine’ Dave Moralez.
Moralez, one of the most hated men in IPW:UK, will have to pull out all of the stops to defeat End. More commonly known in IPW:UK for his proven tag team record, Moralez is a very accomplished singles star in his own right, holding wins over the likes of Spud and Pac during his time in IPW:UK. This will be a real clash of power (Moralez) vs. Speed and Agility (End), come March 15th!
# Main Event Signed – Johnny Saint vs. Chris Hero!
Â» When British Legend Johnny Saint came out of retirement to challenge for the IPW:UK Championship last month, fans may’ve been sceptical about how he would do faring up against one of the men at their physical peak and the top of their game in current champion Andy Boy Simmonz.
Those questions were answered fully and in whole as we saw Saint at times take Simmonz to school with his amazing technical ability. While Simmonz managed to win out, hitting saint with a Powerslam for the victory, the British legend made a more than strong enough account of himself to be immediately signed for Team IPW:UK on our biggest night of all, March 15th vs. the World.
His opponent is a man who all IPW:UK fans, and all independent wrestling fans in general will definitely know – the much admired Chris Hero.
Hero, who made his IPW:UK debut back in November, is also not a stranger to the Broxbourne Civic Hall, in which he has wrestled in the past for the FWA. He is also no stranger to Johnny Saint, a man who he has looked up to and idolised for all of his professional wrestling career, and on March 15th the dream will come true as it’s Hero vs. Saint for the first and probably the last time ever.
This ladies and gentleman, is your main event.
# And therefore the current card for the IPW:UK vs. The World Supershow on Saturday March 15th 2008 is:
Main Event – IPW:UK vs. The World
- Johnny Saint (IPW:UK) vs. Chris Hero (World)
IPW:UK Title Match
- Andy Boy Simmonz (c) [5 defences] vs. â€˜The Guvnor’ Martin Stone vs. â€˜The Wonderkid’ Jonny Storm
IPW:UK vs. The World – IPW:UK Tag Title Match
- The Kartel (c) [4 defences] vs. Swiss Money Holding [former champions]
IPW:UK vs. The World
- â€˜The Human Hate Machine’ Dave Moralez (IPW:UK) vs. Tommy End (World)
British National Championship Tournament, 2nd Round
- â€˜The Anarchist’ Doug Williams vs. â€˜Sadistic’ Jack Storm
PLUS: Still to be signed in matches:
- Ring of Honor’s Jimmy Jacobs
- PWG & Ring of Honor’s El Generico
- IPW:UK’s Zebra Kid
and much more!
– IPW:UK also presents “IPW:UK vs. The World Supershow”, Saturday March 15th 2008 at The Broxbourne Civic Hall, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, England. Doors 6:00pm for a 6:30pm start. Show ends 9:30pm. Tickets Â£30 Ringside, Â£20 Tiered & Â£10 Elsewhere, all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– IPW:UK now presents “Battle Royale 2008″, Sunday March 16th 2008 at the Orpington Halls, Orpington High Street, Orpington, Kent, England. Doors 5:00pm, show starts 5.30pm. Tickets Â£12 general admission (Â£6 children). Family ticket available for Â£30. Ringside Â£20 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: email@example.com.
– IPW:UK finally presents “Sittingbourne Encounter”, Sunday March 30th 2008 at The Wyvern Hall, Swallows Leisure Centre Complex, Central Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent, England, ME10 4NT. Doors 5:30pm, show starts 6.00pm. Tickets Â£12 general admission (Â£6 children). Family ticket available for Â£30. Ringside Â£15 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– IPW:UK then presents “Royale Rewards 2008″, Sunday May 4th 2008 at the The Great Hall, Bromley Civic Centre, Bromley, Kent, England. Doors 5:00pm, show starts 5.30pm. Tickets Â£12 general admission (Â£6 children). Family ticket available for Â£30. Ringside Â£20 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: email@example.com.
– Did you know, IPW:UK now offer pro wrestling training? Check out http://www.ipwuktraining.com for more – including manager & referee training, too!