WWE Superstar and former member of the Shield
Results from CWF Mid-Atlantic’s TV Taping held Saturday, August 11th in Burlington, NC
* Commissioner Ty Dillinger causes first disqualification in seven years!
The following results are from the CWF Mid-Atlantic’s TV Taping event held Saturday, August 11th, at the Carolina Sports Arena located in Burlington, NC.
1. Little J defeated Mike Mosley w/Ebony and El Mariachi by pinfall in three-way action (9:30)
2. Brass Munkey defeated “Dangerous E” Corey Edsel by pinfall to advance to the Final Four of the 2007 Johnny Weaver Cup Tournament (8:00)
3. Jesse Ortega defeated Alex Adonis by pinfall to advance to the Final Four of the 2007 Johnny Weaver Cup Tournament (10:51)
4. Xsiris & Marcellus King defeated Donnie Dollars w/Brad Stutts & Michael McAllister by pinfall in tag team action (13:34)
5. “A Very Handsome Man” Mitch Connor w/Brad Stutts defeated Gemini Kid by pinfall to advance to the Final Four of the 2007 Johnny Weaver Cup Tournament (11:23)
6. Mid-Atlantic Television Champion “Simply” Steve Greene w/Ty Dillinger vs. Otto Schwanz was ruled a draw after the time limit expired, Greene retains the title by rule (10:00)
7. Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Champions Rob “Boogie Woogie Man” McBride & Tank Lawson defeated the Neon Lions (“Classic” Chris Collins & Lee Valiant) and the Sheik’s Weapons of Mass Destruction (Gregory Vercetti & Kimo) by pinfall to retain the titles in Tag Title Triangle action (15:41)
8. “The 1st” Ric Converse defeated Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion “Infamous Icon” Joey Silvia by disqualification, Silvia retains the title by rule (21:00). This was the first match to end in a DQ in over seven years.
Officials: Charles Richardson, Katie Kincaid, Redd Jones & Chris Troxler
Mikael Yamaha returned to the ring in street clothes with a steel chair, only to be met by “Rock N Roll” Matty Dee. In a surprising turn of events, Yamaha told Dee that after everything he’d put him through in the past two years, he’d always fought back and never quit, a sure sign of a future champion. Yamaha continued by saying that he wanted to “bury the hatchet” with Dee and become friends, going to the top together, and even turned his back on Dee after passing him the steel chair, telling him to take a free shot. Dee resisted the urge to get even with Yamaha and even came to his rescue after an irate former partner, Donnie Dollar$, hit the ring to confront Yamaha about quitting.
CWF-MAX! Commissioner Garry “Madd Trucker” Stevens returned to the Carolina Sports Arena in preparation for next weekend’s (Saturday August 18th) CWF-MAX event at the Carolina Sports Arena. He suggested that fans wear raincoats to protect themselves from the possible bloodshed in the hardcore-themed event and promised there would be a bare minimum of “jaw jacking” the entire night.
The Gemini Kid and Jesse Ortega entered the ring to gloat over Gemini
burying the Kamakazi Kid, but decided to “resurrect” the Mid Atlantic
icon for a “final farewell” appearance in the ring. Kazi entered the
ring and agreed that he was worthless and even went so far as to kneel
at the feet of the King of Heat and to kiss his boots. But as he did
the REAL Kamakazi Kid hit the ring, sending the VIP’s running for
higher ground. The real Kazi attacked the fake, ripping off his mask
to reveal “Jersey” Nick Richards, who he then left lying after the
fans started calling for the frog splash from the top ropes. So
disregard all of the previous comments about the “death” of the
Kamakazi Kid, because the reports may have been greatly exaggerated.
Referee Charles Richardson called for a CWF Mid-Atlantic rarity, a
disqualification, following being intentionally struck by CWF
Commissioner Ty Dillinger in the main event Heavyweight Title bout.
Richardson awarded the win to Ric Converse, however Silvia retained
the title as the championship cannot change hands on a DQ.
CWF Mid-Atlantic returns to action on Saturday August 25th at 7:30 pm
at Burlington NC’s Carolina Sports Arena for the Finals of the 2007
Johnny Weaver Invitational Tournament! Mid-Atlantic Legend Johnny
Weaver will be on hand once again to present the winner with the
Weaver Cup trophy. Also in action will be Don & Rocky Kernodle!!!
Don’t miss next week’s special CWF-MAX event hosted by “The Madd
Trucker” Garry Stevens!!!
RESERVE YOUR SEATS FOR THE NEXT EVENT AT THE CAROLINA SPORTS ARENA
The CWF returns to live action on Saturday, August 25th, at the
air conditioned & heated Carolina Sports Arena, in Burlington, NC!
This is a special TV Taping event with a full card of action!
To reserve the best seats, visit our website to reserve seats or e-
mail email@example.com with your name and number of seats to
hold. You can now also order your tickets in advance online. Only
advance ticket holders are entered into a special FREE PRIZE drawing
held that evening.
The CSA is located at 3667 Alamance Road inside Air Park West. From
I-40/85 take Exit 143 and follow Hwy. 62-South for 1.5 miles just
past the Burlington Airport. For door-to-door directions, please
visit our website.
CWF MID-ATLANTIC ON MYSPACE
Stay in constant contact with CWF Mid-Atlantic, get important
bulletins, and meet your favorite wrestlers by adding us to your
friends list on myspace!
CWF MID-ATLANTIC NOW AVAILABLE FOR YOUR MOBILE PHONE!
You can now access the CWF Mid-Atlantic website specifically for
your mobile phone! Get all your news updates, schedules, and even
reserves seats when you’re away from home directly from your mobile
Our mobile phone website can be accessed from the cwfmidatlantic.com
main page link or you can bookmark it at www.awamidatlantic.com/i/
WHERE TO WATCH CWF CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
Now anyone can watch, anytime, anyplace!
The weekly television program will now be available for download
exclusively at Highspots.TV! Don’t miss “the fastest half hour of
wrestling anywhere!” PLUS there will be never-before-seen bouts
available for download including the BLOODY BLOODY Steel Cage Match
from BattleCade VI, Corino-Converse II, WWE’s Mickie James in
action, and much more!!
Now you’ve got no reason to miss out on all the great action from
* August 18 (Sat., 7:30pm)
The Madd Trucker brings CWF to the MAX!
Carolina Sports Arena – Burlington, NC
* August 18 (Sat., 7:30pm)
York Rec. Center – York, SC
* August 25 (Sat., 7:30pm)
Johnny Weaver presents Weaver Cup trophy!
Carolina Sports Arena – Burlington, NC
Believe Again: The Mid-Atlantic Tradition Continues Here…
CWF Mid-Atlantic Official Website