WWE Superstar and former member of the Shield
Report by Jared Hawkins, http://dailywrestlingnews.com
Results from the TNA show Saturday July 12, 2014 at Eastwood Field in Niles, OH:
With Jeremy Borash in the UK, Rockstar Spud was the guest ring announcer and had the most heat of anybody because he’s freaking awesome.
1. Samoa Joe pinned Gunner with the Muscle Buster in 6:45.
2. Gail Kim pinned Angelina Love (w/Velvet Sky) with Eat Defeat in 4:58 to retain the Knockouts Title.
3. Mr. Anderson pinned Samuel Shaw with the Mic Check in 6:09. After the match, Anderson had some kid in the audience introduce him as the winner. Rockstar Spud then said he wouldn’t allow anybody backstage and that it was the kid’s fault. This led The Wolves to come out and say that if they won, they would give out backstage passes, telegraphing the next result.
4. The Wolves retained the TNA World Tag Team Titles over Jesse Godderz and DJ Z in 7:55 when Davey Richards pinned DJ Z with a Tombstone, allowing for a handful of people to get backstage passes.
During intermission, they announced that Earl Hebner was celebrating 35 years and 100,000 matches as referee, which averages over 7 matches a night and even factoring in that he would work two shows a night for the WWF in the late 80s that seems like an awfully high number. They signed autographs at the merchandise stand provided you bought Earl’s “Damn right I did” T-shirt.
5. Bobby Lashley pinned Eric Young with a spear in 10:20 to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Title. Lashley is great as champion, and I never thought I’d say that.
6. Bully Ray defeated Ethan Carter III and Rockstar Spud (who “received an email from Dixie Carter” to insert himself in the match despite there not being a computer present and never looking at his phone) in a tables match when he power bombed Spud through the table in 7:31. After the match he signed a piece of the table and gave it to a kid at ringside before posing for the usual $20 digital picture.
Check out http://dailywrestlingnews.com for more TNA House Show results.