- The Beast (Yvon Cormier) is the oldest of the famous Cormier Wrestling Brothers from Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick)..
- ~~~Including brothers Leo Burke (Leonce Cormier), Terry & Bobby Kay (Robert Cormier) and, later, Rudy Kay (Jean-Louis Cormier)..
- Yvon Cormier had done various jobs as a teen, including working in the woods, shoeing horses, and driving heavy equipment.
- Yvon Cormier started wrestling with the encouragement of Eastern Canadian promoter, Emile Dupre..
- Yvon Cormier was one of the early weight and health fanatics in wrestling..
- 1962: Yvon Cormier went to Indianapolis to train seriously, and started as a regular pro wrestler the next year as “Ivan The Lumberjack”..
- Jim Crockett Sr. gave Yvon Cormier his name… THE BEAST!
- The Beast wrestled seven different World champions, including six, 90-minute draws..
- The Beast wrestled Giant Baba in Japan in front of 45,000 people..
- 1967: Yvon Cornier toured Australia as “The Beast” with his brother “Professor Rudy LaBelle” as his wrestler/manager..
- 1979: Yvon Cormier bench pressed 527lbs..
- 1980: Yvon Cormier took a lighter schedule..
- 1999: Yvon Cormier participates in a Grand Prix Wrestling summer tour of Canada..
- March 4, 2009: Yvon “The Beast” Cormier passed away at a New Brunswick hospital at the age of 70
- ~~~He had been in poor health for a while, suffering from cancer as well as having two heart attacks..