Check out Bobby Heenan’s WWE Alumni profile here!
Wrestlers that “The Brain” has managed:
The Heenan Family
Killer Karl Kox
Baron von Raschke
Ernie Ladd Big John Studd
King Kong Bundy
Paul Orndorff King Kong Bundy
Andre The Giant
Brooklyn Brawler Rick Rude
Bobby Heenan Career Highlights
In The Beginning
- When he was a child, Bobby had red hair, then he had a tumor removed from his stomach, and it grew back blonde!
- Bobby Heenan’s favorite wrestlers while growing up were Buddy Rogers and The Crusher..
- 1965: “Pretty Boy” Bobby Heenan made his in-ring debut against Calvin “Prince” Pullins..
- Bobby Heenan broke his neck when an opponent dropped a leg drop and bent his head to the side..
- Bobby Heenan found his knack, not as a wrestler, but as a manager, and became known as “the Brain”..
American Wrestling Association
- Early 1970s: Bobby Heenan became the mastermind behind the triumphant faction known as The Heenan Family..
- ~~~The “AWA” Heenan Family consisted of Nick Bockwinkel, Ray Stevens, Bobby Duncum Sr, Blackjack Lanza & Dick Warren..
- ~~~~November 8, 1975: Bobby Heenan was in Nick Bockwinkel’s corner as he captured his first of three AWA World title..
- ~~~~July 23, 1976: Blackjack Lanza & Bobby Duncum defeated Dick the Bruiser & The Crusher for the AWA Tag Team titles..
- Bobby Heenan left the AWA, to explain his time away, Heenan was “suspended for one year”..
Georgia Championship Wrestling
- January 1979: Bobby Heenan left the AWA in favor of the NWA’s Georgia Championship Wrestling group..
- ~~~The “Georgia” Heenan Family included Blackjack Lanza, Ernie Ladd, Masked Superstar, & “Killer” Karl Kox..
American Wrestling Association II
- Late 1979: Bobby Heenan returned to the AWA and resumed managing Nick Bockwinkel..
- 1983: Bobby Heenan broke his neck during a match in Japan..
- ~~~Bobby opted to hold off having surgery until 1995 when Heenan had two discs removed from his neck..
World Wrestling Federation
- 1984: Vince McMahon Jr. hired Bobby Heenan to manage Jesse “The Body” Ventura..
- ~~~However, due to an injury suffered by Ventura, the WWF decided to have Heenan manage Big John Studd..
- August 1986: Bobby Heenan guided Harley Race to winning the King of the Ring tournament..
- Late 1986: Bobby Heenan placed a $50,000 bounty on the head of Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff….
- Wrestlemania III: Bobby managed Andre the Giant against Hulk Hogan in the main event in front of the largest WWF crowd ever..
- Bobby sold Andre The Giant’s contract to Ted DiBiase, who used Andre to capture the WWF Heavyweight title..
- Wrestlemania IV: Bobby Heenan & The Islanders defeated the British Bulldogs & Koko B. Ware..
- Summer 1988: Bobby arranged for a special coronation ceremony to crown Haku as the new king of the WWF..
- Wrestlemania V: Bobby managed “Ravishing” Rick Rude to defeat The Ultimate Warrior for the Intercontinental title..
- Bobby led the Brain Busters to defeat Demolition for the WWF World Tag Team titles..
- Bobby regained the services of Andre the Giant and teamed him with Haku, in a team known as The Collosal Connection..
- December 13, 1989: Bobby led the Colossal Connection to defeat Demolition for the WWF Tag Team titles..
- Bobby became a member of the WWF announcing team, partnered with Gorilla Monsoon..
- ~~~The duo commented each week on the USA Network’s “Prime Time Wrestling” & “Wrestling Challenge” shows..
- Heenan became the “perfect manager” with the arrival of Curt “Mr Perfect” Hennig into the Heenan family..
- April 23, 1990: Bobby guided Mr. Perfect to the Intercontinental title, defeating Tito Santana in the finals of a tournament..
- 1991: Bobby became Ric Flair’s financial adviser..
- Royal Rumble 1992: Bobby celebrates with Ric Flair after he won the Royal Rumble winning the WWF title..
- Bobby Heenan leaves the World Wrestling Federation after Vince McMahon asked him to take a 50% pay-cut..
- To explain the depature on TV, on-screen foe Gorilla Monsoon physically ejected Bobby Heenan from the WWF!
World Championship Wrestling
- 1994: Bobby signed with WCW, opting for a lighter schedule, joining the WCW announce team..
- Clash of the Champions: Bobby accidentally blurted out the “F” word when Brian Pillman was portraying his loose cannon gimmick..
- Bobby was presented plaque by Indianapolis Mayor Steve Goldberg proclaiming April 3, 1997 as “Bobby Heenan Day”..
- November 2, 2000: Bobby Heenan was informed that he had been released by WCW..
- February 4, 2001: Bobby Heenan & Lee Marshall provided commentary for WOW’s inaugural PPV “Unleashed”..
- Wrestlemania XVII in Houston, TX: Bobby Heenan provided commentary with “Mean” Gene Okerlund during the gimmick battle royal..
- November 2001: Bobby Heenan appeared at an XWF show, calling himself a “Sports Agent”, to once again manage Curt Hennig..
Bobby “The Brain” Heenan
- Bobby Heenan was sadly diagnosed with Throat Cancer..
- January 2002: —–Directly from Bobby Heenan as seen on www.bobbythebrain.com:
- ~~~”I just want to let all the wonderful “humanoids” out there know how grateful I am for the good wishes..
- ~~~Yes, I do have throat cancer, but I plan on beating this too.
- ~~~If the late, Great Gorila Monsoon couldn’t shut me up, Cancer isn’t going to either..
- Bobby Heenan is considered by many, the greatest wrestling manager of all time..
- Bobby Heenan published his first book; Bobby The Brain: Wrestling’s Bad Boy Tells All
- Bobby Heenan punlished his second book; Chairshots and Other Obstacles: Winning Life’s Wrestling Matches..
World Wrestling Entertainment: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan
- March 20, 2003 – Smackdown!: Bobby The Brain makes an appearance in a taped interview giving his comments on Wrestlemania..
- Bobby Heenan and co-author Steve Anderson, a former PWI writer, have agreed to a deal to write a second book together..
- Bobby Heenan has been telling those close to him that after two recent MRI exams, his doctors have deemed him cancer-free!!
- October 2003: Bobby Heenan recently called Vince McMahon and was told, “I’ll see you at Wrestlemania, if not sooner.”..
- ~~~Another rumor circulates that Bobby Heenan is being considered to referee the 11/30 Hogan-Jarrett match in TNA..
- February 14, 2004 – ROH 2nd Anniversary: CM Punk represents Bobby “The Brain” Heenan in the ROH Pure Wrestling Tournament..
- ~~~CM Punk defeated John Walters (1st round), Doug Williams (2nd round), but lost to AJ Styles in the finals!
- ~~~Bobby Heenan was not at the show, but is scheduled to appear at a ROH event in the near future..
- March 6, 2004: Bobby Heenan cancels the 4/23 (St. Paul) and 4/24 (Chicago Ridge) ROH events due to obligations with his book tour..
- March 13, 2004 – WWE: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan is inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame during a ceremony in New York City!
- ~~~Bobby Heenan breaks down during his speech, talking about his friend Gorilla Monsoon, wishing he was there to see him..
- March 14, 2004 – Wrestlemania XX: Bobby Heenan is honored with all the other Hall of Fame inductees during the Pay Per View..
- ~~~Bobby Heenan also participates in a funny skit with Gene Okerland, Mae Young & The Fabulous Moolah..
Ring of Honor: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan
- December 4, 2004 – ROH: Jim Cornette faced off with Bobby “The Brain” Heenan in the “Great Managerial Debate”..
- ~~~Jim Cornette praised Bobby Heenan, before turning heel and telling Heenan to DIE and let him be #1 for a change!
- ~~~Colt Cabana & Jimmy Jacobs w/Bobby Heenan defeated Roderick Strong & Jack Evans w/Jim Cornette..
- ~~~The match was rightfully over-shadowed by the Cornette vs Heenan antics outside of the ring..
- February 26, 2005 – ROH: Colt Cabana & Nigel McGuinness w/Bobby Heenan defeated Dan Maff & BJ Whitmer w/Jim Cornette..
- April 16, 2005 – ROH: C.M. Punk w/Bobby Heenan defeated Mike Kruel (sub for Jimmy Rave) w/Prince Nana..
- ~~~After the match, Bobby Heenan cut a promo and put over Ring of Honor as well as C.M. Punk..
- November 11, 2005–Wisconsin Organized Wrestling: Bobby Heenan did a Q&A and told stories about The Crusher..
NWA: Total Nonstop Action: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan
- December 3, 2005 – TNA Impact: Bobby Heenan made a brief appearance to start the show saying he came to watch TNA!
- December 8, 2005 – TNA Impact: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan appeared in an in-ring segment including AJ Pierzynski..
- December 11, 2005 – TNA Turning Point: Chris Sabin/Sonjay Dutt/Dale Torborg w/AJ Pierzynski beat The Diamonds in the Rough..
- ~~~Mike Tenay & Don West were joined on commentary by the legendary Bobby “The Brain” Heenan for this match..
- January 22, 2006–Prime Time Wrestling: Bobby Heenan was introduced as the new “commissioner” for the promotion..
- April 1, 2006: The Blackjacks (Mulligan & Lanza) were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by their manager Bobby Heenan..
- September 7, 2006 – TNA iMPACT: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan offered his managerial services to the free agent Bobby Roode..
- December 8, 2006–Great Lakes Championship Wrestling: King Kong Bundy w/Bobby “The Brain” Heenan beat Mason Quinn
- March 31, 2007 – Hall of Fame: Nick Bockwinkel was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Bobby “The Brain” Heenan..
- May 19, 2007: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan was inducted into the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame in Amsterdam, New York..
- June 11, 2007 – Vince McMahon Appreciation Night: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan made unscripted comments on Mr. McMahon..
- ~~~Later that night: Mr. Vince McMahon exited the building and got into his private limousine just before it exploded into flames!December 2007: Legendary wrestling manager, and featured legend in Legends Championship Wrestling, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan had to have reconstructive surgery on his jaw earlier this month as a result of side effects from his cancer treatment. Unfortunately, the first attempt didn’t go as planned so he had to undergo a second operation. Doctors are hoping the new bone will heal properly this time. Heenan is still in a medically induced coma and is expected to be brought out of it this week. He will remain hospitalized for the next several weeks. (Courtesy: http://www.legendschampionshipwrestling.com)
Andy Kresha wrote: I was just checking out your website and thought THIS is awesome!! One thing I wanted to add. Rock n roll Buck Zumhoff was also noted as beating Bobby Heenan in the ring and making him put on the Weasle suit……and that is how he became known as Bobby the “weasle” Heenan. Great stuff guys!!!! Brings back a lot of memories!!!