- NWA (National Wrestling Association) World Heavyweight title defeating Lou Thesz (June 23, 1936);
- (Maryland) World Heavyweight title defeating Dean Detton (June 16, 1937);
- (Los Angeles) World Heavyweight title defeating Vincent Lopez (August 12, 1937);
- NWA (National Wrestling Association) World Heavyweight title defeating Ray Steele (March 11, 1941);
- NWA (San Francisco) Pacific Coast Heavyweight title defeating Sandor Szabo (October 22, 1946);
- (Minneapolis) World Heavyweight title defeating Sandor Szabo (March 23, 1948);
- NWA (San Francisco) Pacific Coast Heavyweight title defeating Len Hall (October 1, 1948);
- NWA (Minneapolis) World Tag Team titles w/Vern Gagne defeating Johnny Valentine & Chet Wallich (December 26, 1957);
In The Beginning:
- 1908: Bronko Nagurski was born in the small border town of Rainy River, Ontario to parents Michael & Amelia Nagurski..
- Bronko Nagurski grew up an athlete in Minnesota, having to run 4 miles each day to school and back to the family farm..
- Bronko Nagurski loved wrestling and boxing as a young person, but his mother was frightened that he might get hurt..
- Bronko Nagurski was probably best known for his accomplishments on the football field..
- Bronko Nagurski was an All-American at the University of Minnesota from 1927 to 1929..
- Bronko Nagurski was the only player in U.S. college history to make all-star at two positions — fullback and tackle..
- 1930: Bronko Nagurski was signed by George Halas to the Chicago Bears, and helped the Bears to championships in 1932 and 1933..
- ~~~~Bronko Nagurski has a bust (statue of his headshot) in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
- Check out Bronko Nagurski’s football stats here: http://www.
- 1933: Bronko got into wrestling, where he was managed by Tony Stecher (brother of former NWA World Champion Joe Stecher)..
- February 1933: Bronko Nagurski (professional wrestling debut) defeated Tag Tagerson in a 4:00 match..
- June 29, 1937: Bronko Nagurski defeated Dean Detton for a different version of the World Heavyweight title..
NWA World Heavyweight Champion:
- June 23, 1939: Bronko Nagurski defeated the legendary Lou Thesz to win the NWA World Heavyweight title in Houston, TX..
- March 7, 1940: Ray Steele defeated Bronko Nagurski to capture the NWA World Heavyweight title in St. Louis, Missouri..
- March 11, 1941: Bronko Nagurski defeated Ray Steele to recapture the NWA Heavyweight Championship of the World..
- June 5, 1941: Sandor Szabo defeated Bronko Nagurski for the NWA Heavyweight Championship of the World..
- 1960: Bronko Nagurski retired from professional wrestling a physical wreck..
- Bronko Nagurski ran a gas station in International Falls, Minnesota..
- January 7, 1990: Bronko Nagurski passed away at a nursing home at the age of 81..
- December 28, 1936: Bronko Nagurski married his childhood sweetheart Eileen Kane..
- Christmas Day 1937: Bronko Nagurski and his wife had a child, who they named after his father..
- ~~~~Bronko Junior would go on to play eight seasons with the Hamilton Ti-Cats of the Canadian Football League.