In The Beginning:
- 1982: Dixie Carter graduated from the Hockaday School in Dallas, an exclusive college prep school for girls.
- Dixie Carter went to the University of Mississippi where she earned a degree in Business Administration in 1986.
Total Nonstop Action:
- April 19, 2009 – TNA Lockdown: Dixie Carter made her on-screen debut, thanking the fans for their support of TNA.
- August 27, 2009 – TNA IMPACT: Jeremy Borash interviewed Bobby Lashley and Dixie Carter about Lashley also doing MMA.
- October 27, 2009: Dixie Carter announced at a press conference that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff signed contracts to join TNA.
- October 29, 2009 – TNA IMPACT: They showed footage of Hulk Hogan’s press conference at Madison Square Garden in NYC.
- ~~~Eric Bischoff introduced Hulk Hogan, who was there to promote his book, “My Life Outside the Ring.”
- ~~~Hulk Hogan immediately announced that his new business partner was Dixie Carter and TNA Wrestling.
- ~~~TNA President Dixie Carter delivered a short speech about what it meant to bring Hulk Hogan to Total Nonstop Action.
- November 5, 2009 – TNA IMPACT: TNA President Dixie Carter addressed all of the TNA employees in an empty IMPACT Zone.TNA President Dixie Carter addressed all of the TNA employees, who sat there in the empty arena basically out of character listening to their boss talk about the changes in TNA Wrestling. Most of the key backstage players ? writers, agents, etc. ? were sitting on the edge of the ring behind Dixie. The TNA roster was assured that there were more changes on the way. Dixie said she knows there were employees with differing opinions, but she expects everyone to support her 100%. Dixie said when someone questions things that happen in the company, they are questioning her ? and she cannot allow that to happen. Dixie said business was about choices, and she chose to put her finances, her reputation, her passion, and her love behind the wrestlers and TNA. Dixie said they could choose to support the direction TNA is going or they can find some other place to work. Dixie said it was time to swing for the fenses, and no great success comes without risk ? she is great with that, and hopes they are too. Dixie said she was proud of her employees, but this is a test and it’s time to step it up. Dixie said if they don’t believe it they are hurting the person sitting next to them, hurting her, and hurting the fans. Dixie said let’s show everybody what we’re all about.
- December 3, 2009 – TNA IMPACT: Jeremy Borash did a sit-down interview with Dixie Carter about Hulk Hogan, Sting, and Jeff Jarrett.
- March 2010: Dixie Carter announced via Twitter than she had finally resigned Sting to a contract with Total Nonstop Action.
- March 8, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Sting showed up and suddenly turned heel by smashing Hulk Hogan with his baseball bat!
- ~Backstage, Dixie Carter demanded an explanation from Sting, who shoved her against the wall and said “I don’t owe you anything!”
- ~~~Dixie booked Sting in a match: Rob Van Dam (debut) defeated Sting in 10 seconds but then Sting went on a rampage all night!
- May 20, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Eric Bischoff revealed his Top 10 Rankings – voted on by himself, Hulk Hogan, and Dixie Carter.
- July 1, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, and Dixie Carter agreed that Sting was a “cancer” that was destroying TNA.
- ~~~Dixie went to the rafters to inform Sting that he was suspended. he reacted aggressively and was ready to blurt out the “truth”.
- ~~~Eric Bischoff showed up with security and escorted Sting out of the building – and told Dixie she needed security from now on.
- July 15, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: The appearance of several former ECW wrestlers sparked a huge brawl involving many TNA employees.
- ~~~Everything was happening so fast, with members of TNA choosing sides, when Dixie Carter declared “Stop it! I invited them!!!”
- July 22, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Dixie Carter scolded several TNA Agents for losing their cool last week when the brawl broke out.
- ~~~Later that night; Dixie Carter invited the ECW wrestlers (Foley, Dreamer, Stevie Richards, Raven, and Rhino) out to the ring.
- ~~~Tommy Dreamer asked Dixie to let them do a tribute show on PPV and Dixie agreed – giving Dreamer full control of the show!
- August 7, 2010 – TNA Hardcore Justice (ECW Tribute): Dixie Carter participated in a celebration with chants of “Thank you, Dixie!”
- August 19, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Ric Flair and Fortune bragged about destroying EV2.0 and then Dixie Carter signed them all to contracts!
- August 26, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Dixie Carter suspended Ric Flair for 90 days without pay and Flair and Fortune threw a fit it the ring!
- ~~~Flair threatened Dixie Carter, causing her husband (Serge) to hit the ring and Fortune beat him up! Hogan reversed the suspension.
- September 16, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Dixie Carter over-turned one of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff’s decisions about the main event.
- October 7, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Abyss physically terrorized Dixie Carter and said when “THEY” arrive in TNA she will be GONE!
- ~~~Dixie Carter ordered Eric Bischoff to fire Abyss immediately, but Rob Van Dam begged them to wait until AFTER Bound For Glory.
- ~~Eric Bischoff produced documents that would terminate Abyss’ contract after BFG and a furious Dixie signed them without reading.
Total Nonstop Action – Hogan/Bischoff take over TNA:
- October 10, 2010 – TNA Bound For Glory: Jeff Hardy defeated Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson in a 3-WAY to win the vacant TNA title!
- ~~~After the referee was bumped, Eric Bischoff came down to act as referee – but it looked like he was going to “screw” Kurt Angle.
- ~~~Suddenly, Hulk Hogan (on crutches) showed up to stop Bischoff – however, Hulk gave his crutches to Hardy to use as a weapon!
- ~~~Jeff Hardy broke one crutch over Kurt Angle’s back and the other crutch over Mr. Anderson’s back as Hogan and Bischoff smiled.
- ~~~Jeff Hardy hit Mr. Anderson with the Twist of Fate and pinned him to become the NEW TNA World Heavyweight champion!!!
- ~~~Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, and Eric Bischoff were joined by Jeff Jarrett and Abyss as a stunned Dixie Carter watched on from ringside.
- ~~~LATER: Sting and Kevin Nash’s conspiracy unfolded as Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff hatched an evil plan to take over TNA.
- October 14, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Hulk Hogan’s “Immortal” formed an unbeatable alliance with Ric Flair’s “Fortune” faction.
- ~~~It was revealed that Dixie Carter was set up by Eric Bischoff and tricked into signing papers that gave up control of the company.
- ~~~Dixie Carter confronted Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff in the office but they ordered TNA security to throw her out of the building.
- November 25, 2010 – TNA IMPACT: Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, and Ric Flair had a Thankgiving party all-night for Immortal and Fortune.
- ~~~Bischoff invited former president of TNA, Dixie Carter, to join them so they could gloat about taking the company away from her.
- ~~~Dixie showed up and served Hulk Hogan with legal documents which put an injunction on all of his activities in TNA immediately.
- January 27, 2011 – TNA IMPACT: Dixie Carter did a phone interview saying she was confident about her court date next week.
- March 3, 2011 – TNA IMPACT: Dixie Carter appeared to announce that she had lost her court battle with Hulk Hogan and left.
Dixie Carter returns to TNA:
- Dixie Carter returned to TNA on October 16 at Bound for Glory, when Sting defeated Hogan to bring her back to power.
- Dixie Carter made an appearance on the December 8th edition of IMPACT Wrestling, along with Sting to confront TNA World Heavyweight Champion, Bobby Roode. The segment ended with Roode spitting in Carter’s face.
- In the summer of 2012 Carter was also the focal point in a storyline where Kazarian and Christopher Daniels accused her of having an affair with company TNA mainstay A.J. Styles. The duo provided compromising footage of Carter and Styles entering a hotel together as well as photographs of them embracing. Carter’s real-life husband Serg Salinas made a televised appearance on IMPACT Wrestling where he knocked Styles to the ground with a punch. It was ultimately revealed that Carter and Styles were merely helping a mutual friend, Claire Lynch, work through drug addiction issues.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling – 2013:
- Dixie Carter appeared at the ending segment of IMPACT Wrestling on September 19, 2013 to confront AJ Styles over the remarks he has made about the way she was running the company.
- ~~~Carter responded by saying that Styles was not a great wrestler and claimed that she was the one who created the Styles’ persona to get marketing for the company.
- ~~~She added that Styles would still be living in poverty if her father didn’t pay him and she was the one who created this house (TNA). She was about to leave when Styles was going to respond, she decided to end the show by cutting off the microphones and turning off the lights, thus turning heel in the process.
- On the following episode of IMPACT Wrestling, Dixie Carter ripped up AJ Styles’ new contract as awarded by Hulk Hogan, then gave Hogan an ultimatum to join forces with her by next week.
- ~~~Hogan declined her offer and quit, Carter initially begged him to reconsider, but then claimed Hogan could not quit because she had fired him, though Hogan had already walked off camera by this point.
- At Bound For Glory Dixie Carter interfered in the main event and ordered referee Earl Hebner not to count Styles’ pin, however Styles would ultimately defeat Bully Ray to become the TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
- Next week, Dixie Carter tried to convince Styles to sign a new contract with TNA, but Styles refused, leaving the company with the title.
- On October 29, 2013, Dixie Carter vacated the title. However, Styles announced a title defense in Asistencia, Asesoría y Administración promotion. When Dorian Roldán, AAA owner, announced Judas Mesias as AJ’s rival, Carter said that she talked with Roldán attempting to cancel the match.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling – 2014:
- January 16, 2014 – Genesis: Team Sting (Samoa Joe, James Storm, Gunner, Eric Young, Joseph Park, and ODB) defeated Team Dixie (Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Zema Ion, TNA tag team champions Jessie Godderz and Robbie E, and Lei’d Tapa).