- WWWF United States Tag Team titles w/Killer Kowalski defeating Brute Bernard & Skull Murphy (November 14, 1963);
- WWWF United States Tag Team titles w/Bill Watts defeating Gene Kiniski & Waldo Von Erich (April 8, 1965);
- WWA (Los Angeles) World Tag Team titles w/Luke Graham defeating Grizzly Smith & Luke Brown (January ??, 1966);
- WWA (Los Angeles) World Tag Team titles w/El Mongol defeating Moondog Mayne & Luke Graham (January 23, 1966);
- IWA (Australia) World Heavyweight title defeating Spiros Arion (Febuary 16, 1968);
- WWC North American Heavyweight title defeating Hartford Love (July 30, 1977);
- WWC North American Heavyweight title defeating Bruno Sammartino (July 22, 1978);
In The Beginning:
- Early 1960s: Gorilla Monsoon broke into the wrestling business competing under the name Gino Marella..
- Gorilla Monsoon debuted in Pedro Martinez’s National Wrestling Federation based in Rochester, New York..
- Gorilla Monsoon was also known as “The Manchurian Giant” and was introduced as hailing from Manchuria, China..
Pittsburgh Wrestling:World Wide Wrestling Federation:
- January 20, 1964–Madison Square Gardens: Vittorio Apollo & Bobo Brazil defeated Gorilla Monsoon & Killer Kowalski..
- October 27, 1969–Madison Square Gardens: Gorilla Monsoon defeated Killer Kowalski..
- September 30, 1972–WWWF Showdown at Shea: Gorilla Monsoon vs Ernie Ladd ended in a 10-minute draw..
- January 12, 1980–WWWF: Gorilla Monsoon defeated Swede Hanson..
World Wide Wrestling Federation:
- Gorilla Monsoon formed a friendship with Vince McMahon Sr. and became a shareholder in the World Wide Wrestling Federation..
- Gorilla Monsoon owned 1/6 of the World Wide Wrestling Federation and controlled bookings in several WWWF territories..
- Gorilla Monsoon once picked up Muhammad Ali and applied the Airplane Spin in an extremely memorable WWWF moment..
- Gorilla Monsoon received several WWWF title shots at then champion Bruno Sammartino in Madison Square Garden..
- Gorilla Monsoon and Bruiser Brody allegedly had a backstage fight, which lead to Brody being blackballed from the WWF..
- Gorilla Monsoon challenged then WWF IC champion, Ken Patera, to a title match, saying if he didn’t win the title, he would retire..
- ~~~The match was stopped after Gorilla Monsoon suffered a cut on his face, and true to his word, Gorilla Monsoon retired..
- March 1, 1980: Gorilla Monsoon wrestled his final match defeating Baron Mikel Scicluna..
World Wrestling Federation:
- Gorilla Monsoon moved into a commentary position where he hosted MSG cards, as well as being a top booker and road agent..
- Gorilla Monsoon came out of retirement once, to substitute for Andre the Giant at an Madison Square Garden event..
- Gorilla Monsoon teamed with Rick Martel & Tony Garea to defeat Stan Hansen, Lou Albano & Moondog Rex..
- Gorilla Monsoon was defeated by Ken Patera and later said that Patera had “put the nail in the coffin of my career”..
- Vince Sr. requested that Vince Jr. would to take financial care of certain employees/friends who worked alongside Vince Sr. for years..
- Vince Jr. took over the WWF, Gorilla Monsoon sold his shares to him and in return, Monsoon was insured lifetime employment..
- 1983: Gorilla Monsoon was one of the first to accept Big John Studd‘s “bodyslam challenge”..
- Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse “The Body” Ventura became the announcing team for most WWF pay per views in the 1980s..
- Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse “The Body” Ventura formed one of the most legendary commentary combinations in the industry..
- Gorilla Monsoon also hosted WWF TV shows Wrestling Challenge, Prime Time Wrestling, & All-American Wrestling..
- Gorilla Monsoon also formed one of the most entertaining on-air partnerships with his real life friend Bobby “The Brain” Heenan..
- Gorilla Monsoon created the “Gorilla Position” – the entrance way, which separates the “inside” of the arena from “backstage”..
- 1993: Gorilla Monsoon steps down from being lead Pay Per View announcer to a Colliseum Home Video commentator..
- 1993: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan started a feud which resulted in Monsoon kicking The Brain out of the WWF!
- June 9, 1994: Gorilla Monsoon was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame – he was presented the award by Jim Ross..
- 1994: Gorilla Monsoon’s son, referee Joey Marella, died in a horrible car accident..
- Gorilla Monsoon filled in as a broadcast announcer in King of the Ring 1994 and Survivor Series 1994..
- 1995: Gorilla Monsoon became Interim President of the World Wrestling Federation when Jack Tunney retired..
- January 1996: Gorilla Monsoon suspended Vader, and was viciously attacked and Vader-bombed on Monday Night RAW..
- WrestleMania XII: Gorilla Monsoon was officially announced as World Wrestling Federation president..
- 1997: Gorilla Monsoon stepped down from his position as World Wrestling Federation president due to illness..
- 1998: Gorilla Monsoon joined the World Wrestling Federation International broadcast announce team..
- Gorilla Monsonn appeared on a WWF Attitude commercial featuring Fred Blassie, Ernie Ladd, Pat Patterson, Killer Kowalski..
- WrestleMania XV: Gorilla Monsoon made his final public appearance as the third judge for the Butterbean/Bart Gunn ‘Brawl 4 All’ bout..
- ~~~The legendary and beloved Gorilla Monsoon received an enormous standing ovation from the appreciative live audience..
- Gorilla Monsoon was known as ‘Gino’ to his fellow colleagues/friends for many years in the WWWF/WWF..
- ~~~At times his fellow announcers would openly acknowledge him as Gino on WWF Television..
- October 6, 1999: Gorilla Monsoon died of heart failure after a long battle with illness..
- Gorilla Monsoon was one of the most knowledgeable and wittiest commentators who mastered the play-by-play role..
- ~~~His voice will forever be remembered and will always represent the nostalgic and the glorious era of the 1980s..