In The Beginning:
- Jim Morris first appeared on the wrestling scene in Memphis, wrestling as “Harley Davison” with a biker gimmick.
World Wrestling Federation:
- Hillbilly Jim first appeared on WWF TV as a planted “Hillbilly Fan” showing off in the front row at shows accross the country.
- ~~Vince McMahon “noticed” the big “Hillbilly” and interviewed him and he was allowed to appear on Piper’s Pit w/ Roddy Piper.
- ~~Roddy Piper offered to train “Big Jim”, but Jim declined saying he wanted to be trained by the best – Hulk Hogan!
- ~~Hillbilly Jim and Hulk Hogan began appearing in weekly vignettes featuring their training session progress.
- Hillbilly Jim’s wrestling boots were given to him by Hulk Hogan (This was part of a storyline in the WWF).
- 1985: Hillbilly Jim wrestled his debut match on TV defeating veteren jobber Terry Gibbs.
- Hillbilly Jim feuded with Don Muraco and Mr Fuji including a famous “Tuxedo Match” against Fuji in MSG.
- February 18, 1985 The War to Settle The Score: Hillbilly Jim defeated Rene Goulet.
- February 1985: While Hulk Hogan was wrestling Brutus Beefcake when Hillbilly Jim started chasing Brutus Beefcake’s manager Johnny V round untill he slipped on a wet spot and broke his leg. Hillbilly Jim was taken away on a stretcher and rushed to hospital. Later WWF announced that Hillbilly Jim would be out for around seven months.
World Wrestling Federation – The Hillbilly Family:
- Hillbilly Jim expanded the Hillbilly Family bringing in Uncle Elmer, Cousin Luke and Cousin Junior.
- October 3, 1985 – Saturday Night’s Main Event: Uncle Elmer w/Hillbilly Jim defeated Jerry Valiant in SIX seconds.
- November 1, 1985 – Saturday Night’s Main Event: Hillbilly Jim and Uncle Elmer and Cousin Junior where guests on Pipers Pit.
- January 4, 1986 – SNME: Roddy Piper and Bob Orton and Jesse Ventura defeated Hillbilly Jim and Uncle Elmer and Cousin Luke.
- April 7, 1986 – WrestleMania II: Hillbilly Jim competed in a Invitational Battle Royal which was won by Andre The Giant.
- February 21, 1987 – SNME: Hillbilly Jim competed in a battle royal which was won by Hercules.
- March 29, 1987 – WrestleMania 3: Jim and Little Beaver and Haiti Kid beat King Kong Bundy and Lord Littlebrook and Little Tokyo by DQ.
- January 24, 1988 – Royal Rumble: Hillbilly Jim entered the Royal Rumble at number 16 and was eliminated by One Man Gang.
- March 27, 1988 – WrestleMania 4: Hillbilly Jim participated in the big 20-Man Battle Royal which was won by Bad News Brown.
- November 24, 1988 – Survivor Series: The Mega-Powers team beat the Twin Towers Team in a Survivor Series Elimination match.
- ~~~Mega Powers Team: Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan and Hercules and Hillybilly Jim and Koko B. Ware.
- ~~~Twin Towers Team: The Big Bossman and Akeem and Ted Debiase and Haku and The Red Rooster
- April 23, 1990 – Satuday Night’s Main Event: Earthquake w/Jimmy Hart defeated Hillbilly Jim.
- Late 1990: WWF released Hillbilly Jim from his contract. Hillbilly Jim later retired from wrestling.
Retirement from the Ring:
- Hillbilly Jim took some time off and worked in the Coliseum Home Video department of the WWF.
- Early 1990s: Hillbilly Jim made a brief return and teamed with Owen Hart in the WWF.
- Hillbilly Jim still works for WWF’s Video and Media department.
- January 2004: Hillbilly Jim will be sent on the road for meet and greets as part of a WrestleMania promotional team for trivia contests.
- July 2005: Hillbilly Jim got a radio show playing old rock tunes called “Moonshine Matinee” on Sirius Satellite Radio (Country).
- October 3, 2005 – WWE Homecoming: Hillbilly Jim participated in a Legends Ceremony which included roughly 24 Legends.
- February 9, 2006 – Deep South Wrestling: Hillbilly Jim made an appearance and did a brief confrontation angle with Matt Striker.