- Late 1986: King Tonga teamed with The Tonga Kid as a babyface tag team in the World Wrestling Federation.
- February 1987: King Tonga and The Tonga Kid both turned heel and renamed to “Haku” and “Tama” – known as the Islanders.
- The Islanders turned heel and were then managed by the infamous Bobby “The Brain” Heenan – members of the Heenan Family.
- October 1987: The Islanders began feuding with Tag Team champions Stike Force but couldn’t win the titles after many attempts.
- December 8, 1987: The Islanders vs. The British Bulldogs ended in a NO CONTEST when The Islanders kidnapped Matilda!
- ~~~WWF President Jack Tunney would later announce that the Islanders were indefinately suspended until Matilda was found!
- January 24, 1988 – Royal Rumble: The Islanders defeated The Young Stallions (Paul Roma and Jim Powers) in 2 straight falls.
- January 25, 1988: The Islanders defeated The British Bulldogs by DQ when the bulldogs used a leash as a weapon.
- January 27, 1988: The British Bulldogs defeated The Islanders and continued to do so on House Shows for a month.
- March 7, 1988 – SNME: The Islanders (Haku and Tama) defeated The Killer Bees (Brian Blair and Jim Brunzell) in a tag team match.
- March 27, 1988 – WrestleMania 4: The Islanders and Bobby Heenan defeatd The British Bulldogs and Koko B. Ware w/Matilda.
- April 21, 1988: The Islanders and High Chief Afi w/Bobby Heenan defeated Outback Jack and Brady Boone, and Steve Blackman.
- ~~~Bobby Heenan introduced Afi as a new member of the Islanders, but it was his only appearance with the group.
- April 1988: Tama left the World Wrestling Federation and Haku had a singles run going under the name “King Haku”.