- Ken Ramey was a referee in Atlanta before managing The Medics (Dick Dunn & Willie Garrett) in Florida.
- ~~~Manager Ken Ramey claimed they were the Original Medics – which they were not.
- Dr. Ken Ramey was a major star in the Memphis area in the early 1970’s managing the Interns working for Nick Gulas.
- ~~~A former disc jockey and referee, Ken Ramey was paired with Starr and Garrett in Georgia and he becaeme a fixture with the team.
- ~~~After a successful run in Florida, the Medics headed to Nashville, where they were redubbed “The Interns.”
- ~~~They set Nick Gulas’ territory on fire, but when the money was not coming in, Garrett headed home.
- ~~~He was replaced by veteran Tom Andrews in 1971 and the Interns took their game to an even higher level as this third incarnation.
- ~~~Working on top in Tennessee, Alabama and Missouri, the Interns were masters of generating so much heat that they almost went too far from time to time.
- ~~~Ramey would knock out babyfaces with rags soaked in strong solutions or his charges would cheat in some other way that incensed fans. They were also unique in that they were really always a three-man unit since Ramey never managed anyone else.
- ~~~The formula worked into the mid-70s, but by then both men were aging. Both had singles runs under other identities, but the legacy of the Interns could never be surpassed.
- ~~~Dr. Ken Ramey and his two masked men, no matter which pairing they were or what name they went by, are arguably the greatest southern heel tag team that ever existed.
- ~~~They are certainly in the same league as that other legendary masked team, the Assassins, whose major ran paralleled the Interns. Pro-wrestling has seen many sinister masked men, many devious managers and even many wrestlers bragging medical credentials, but Ramey and his Interns put this package together and became a legendary unit.
- Early 2005: Ken Ramey was diagnosed with throat cancer and has been undergoing treatment in Houston.
- February 2006: Ken Ramey learned that he was free and clear of throat cancer!
- Ken Ramey passed away on October 17, 2014.
Wrestlers who Ken Ramey managed:
- The Interns (Various)
- The Medics (Various) Paul Demarco (San Francisco)
- Jim Starr (Central States)
Bossier City, Louisiana