- NWA (Detriot) World Tag Team titles w/ Angelo Poffo defeating Bobo Brazil and Fred Curry (January 1975);
- NWA Gulf Coast Tag Team titles w/ Randy Poffo defeating Jonathan Foley and Edward Heath (January 20, 1976);
- NWA Mid America Heavyweight title defeating Dennis Hall in a tournament final (October 9, 1977);
- AGPW (Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling) International Heavyweight title (1978);
- NWA Mid America Tag Team titles w/ Bobby Eaton defeating Leroy Rochester and Gypsy Joe (January 1978);
- ICW (Poffo) World Heavyweight title defeating Joe Banek (May 10, 1978);
- ICW (Poffo) World Tag Team titles w/ George Weingeroff won a tournament (June 14, 1979);
- ICW (Poffo) World Heavyweight title defeating Randy Savage (July 21, 1979);
- ICW (Poffo) World Heavyweight title defeating Randy Savage (1981);
- ICW (Poffo) World Tag Team titles w/ George Weingeroff defeating Ricki Starr and Rip Rogers (1981);
- ICW (Poffo) World Tag Team titles w/ George Weingeroff defeating Jeff Sword and Doug Vines (June 15, 1981);
- ICW (Poffo) Televison title (1982);
- ICW (Poffo) World Heavyweight title defeating Paul Christy (January 1, 1983);
- WPWF (Florida) Tag Team titles w/ Bulldozer Benson defeating Romeo Rossalini and Dan Manson (April 20, 1997);
- Lanny Poffo is the brother of Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage, and the son of Angelo Poffo.
- Lanny Poffo was a major star in in his father’s promotion in Lexington known as International Championship Wrestling.
- Mid-80s: “Leaping” Lanny Poffo was one of the most prominant jobbers in the World Wrestling Federation.
- ~~~Leapin’ Lanny’s trademark was bringing frisbies to the ring with his poetry on them and throwing them to the crowd.
- Lanny Poffo made some publicity in late 1986 and early 1987 by competing in a series of Bunkhouse Battle Royals in full knight’s armor.
- Lanny Poffo is also noted for competing in a Battle Royal on Saturday Night’s Main Event at the Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit in 1987, where he was headbutted and eliminated by André the Giant, causing him to bleed immensely all over the floor and have to be carried out on a stretcher.
- ~~~André, in his first televised match as a heel, had accidentally caught Poffo on the bridge of the nose with his headbutt and he required stitches to close the wound.
- 1988: Lanny Poffo self-published a 172-page book of his poetry titled Wrestling with Rhyme.
- In April 1989, Lanny Poffo was re-introduced as The Genius, adopting a highly intelligent,arrogant persona, wearing an academic cap and gown to the ring.
- Lanny Poffo officially turned heel at the Boston Garden on March 18, 1989. Still known as Leaping Lanny, he berated the local Boston sports teams and instantly gained the ire of the rowdy Boston crowd. This was a mere two weeks before WrestleMania V.
- ~~~His poems now ridiculed the face wrestlers, and he now behaved in an even more effeminate manner to infuriate the crowd. During the match, the Genius would construct a mathematical equation that would tilt the balance of the match in his favor. In addition, the Genius also served as “executive consultant” (and occasional tag team partner) for Mr. Perfect.
- November 25, 1989 – WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event: The Genius beat WWF Champion Hulk Hogan by countout due to Mr. Perfect hitting Hogan with the championship belt.
- ~~~Later in the show, Mr. Perfect and Poffo took a hammer to the belt, shattering it to pieces.
- ~~~Shortly after WrestleMania VI, Bobby Heenan became Mr. Perfect’s manager.
- Lanny Poffo then wrestled in the undercard until the fall of 1991 when he became the manager of the Beverly Brothers (Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom).
- Lanny Poffo would leave the WWF shortly after Survivor Series 1992.
- Lanny Poffo is working on a book of anti-smoking limericks (he has already written 147 of the planned 300).
- Lanny Poffo is a member of the Abraham Lincoln Society and earns a living helping arrange loans for college students.
- June 2004: Lanny Poffo has a book coming out in September for parents who want to teach their children not to smoke.
- ~~~Published by White-Boucke. For more info you can check at www.white-boucke.com/limericks.html
- January 29, 2005 – WrestleReunion: “The Genius” Lanny Poffo defeated “The Royal Stud” Adam Windsor w/ Dory Funk Jr..
- August 13, 2005 – Ballpark Brawl: Jimmy T (Local DJ) and Kamala defeated Jimmy Hart and Lanny Poffo in Buffalo, New York.
- August 23, 2007 – SuperEx Showdown: “The Ugandan Giant” Kamala defeated “The Genius” Lanny Poffo in Ottawa, Ontario.
- September 7, 2007 – Pro Wrestling Syndicate: “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal defeated Lanny Poffo w/ Chrissy Rivera.
- April 10, 2010 – International Wrestling Cartel: Koko B. Ware defeated Lanny Poffo in Franklin, Pennsylvania.
- May 15, 2010 – Great North Wrestling: Jeremy Prophet defeated The Genius in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Jeff Nettleton wrote: I used to love watching Leaping Lanny’s matches for his father’s ICW promotion, every Saturday (and later, Sunday) afternoon. Lanny was different from the rest, with a high flying style and muscular physique. Most of the ICW guys were mat-based wrestlers, where Lanny was also skilled, but he flew around the ring like no other on the show. I saw him walk the ropes, perform moonsaults, victory rolls, and rolling reverse cradles; before most American wrestlers were performing them. Lanny always celebrated his wins with a backflip, showcasing his amazing agility. His tag-team with George Weingeroff was amazing. His matches with his brother were off the charts.