- WCW Tag Team Titles
In The Beginning:
- Maxx Payne had picked up a major following on the indie circuit and overseas..
World Championship Wrestling :
- Maxx Payne joined World Championship Wrestling and formed a team with Cactus Jack..
- Maxx Payne & Cactus Jack were involved in a brutal feud with The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags)..World Wrestling Federation:
- December 15, 1994: Darryl Peterson wrestled as “The Blacksmith” in the WWF for one night only against Barry Hardy..
- Darryl Peterson switched to a less crappy gimmick called “Man Mountain Rock,” a cartoonish guitar playing character..
- ~~~Man Mountain Rock would bring an electric guitar (in the shape of a WWF logo, clever) to the ring..
- ~~~Vince McMahon once said the Maxx Payne gimmick was too similar to The Undertaker’s character..
- Man Mountain Rock feuded with Bob Backlund, who objected to the type of music MMR was promoting..Retirement:
- Darryl Peterson retired from the sport of professional wrestling shortly thereafter to pursue a music career..
- Darryl Peterson filed a $10 million lawsuit against the creators of the action game Max Payne for stealing his persona..
- April 17, 2004: Spoke about wrestling in Idaho at the Schubert Theater at the Western States College for the Performing Arts..