- WWWF International Tag Team titles w/ Geeto Mongol defeating Tony Marino and Victor Rivera (June 15, 1970);
- WWWF International Tag Team titles w/ Geeto Mongol defeating Bruno Sammartino and Dominic Denucci (July 2, 1971);
- NWA (Georgia) Heavyweight title defeating Toru Tanaka defeating Toru Tanaka (August 1975);
- NWA (Florida) Tag Team titles w/ Ivan Koloff defeating Jack Brisco and Jerry Brisco (August 7, 1980);
- NWA (Mid-Atlantic) Tag Team titles w/ Chris Markoff defeating Dewey Robertson and Johnny Weaver (June 27, 1981);
- Mid-South Wrestling North American Heavyweight title defeating Magnum T.A. (October 24, 1983 – Unrecognized);
- WWF Tag Team titles w/ The Iron Sheik defeating Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham (March 31, 1985);
- WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) Hall of Fame Inductee (April 2, 2005);
In the Beginning:
- Josip Peruzovich was born in the town Split, Croatia and did Judo.
Getting into the Business:
- 1968: Nikolai Volkoff wrestled his first professional match ever against “The Living Legend” Bruno Sammartino.
- Nikolai Volkoff became an official United States citizen in 1970. He fled his native country at 19 and chose his wrestling character to educate Americans about the evils of communism, which he calls “the worst shape of capitalism.”
Pittburgh Territory – The Mongols:
- 1970: Nikolai Volkoff began his career as a member of the Mongols, wrestling as “Bepo” with “Geeto” managed by Lou Albano.
- June 15, 1970: The Mongols defeated Victor Rivera and Tony Marino to win the WWWF International Tag Team titles at MSG.
- June 18, 1971: Bruno Samartino and Dominic Denucci defeated The Mongols to win the WWWF International Tag Team titles.
- July 2, 1971: The Mongols defeated Bruno Samartino and Dominic Denucci to reclaim the WWWF International Tag Team titles.
- September 14, 1970: Bepo Mongol wrestled the Living Legend Bruno Samartino to a draw in Madison Square Garden.
- November 12, 1971: Luke Graham and Tarzan Tyler defeated The Mongols to unify the International and World Tag Team titles.
- The Mongols fought in Bruno Sammartino’s Pittsburgh territoryuntil Nikolai Volkoff’s superior ability called him back to New York.
World Wide Wrestling Federation:
- March 14, 1974: Nikolai Volkoff fought WWWF champion Bruno Sammartino to a one hour draw at Madison Square Garden.
- Steve wrote: I am writing from Ohio and saw a date under Nikolai Volkoff that needs to be corrected. It should read March 4, 1974, instead of March 14. I remember this date very well because Strongbow fought a grudge match against Lou Albano on the same card. The TV interviews given by Blassie prior to the Volkoff-Bruno match were some of his best as he had Nickolai crush an apple and he also carried around an oak-tag tombstone.
- Nikolai Volkoff teamed with manager Fred Blassie to take on Bruno Sammartion and Chief Jay Strongbow.
- ~~~The significance of this match is that it was Fred Balssie’s last match as an active wrestler on the East.
- Nikolai Volkoff wrestled under a mask with Big John Studd and Killer Kowalski, as the masked Executioners.
- The Executioners (John Studd and Killer Kowalski) won the WWWF Tag Team titles from Tony Parisi and Louis Cerdan.
- October 26, 1976: The Executioners use a 3rd member (Nikolai Volkoff) in a match and the titles are declared vacant.
- Nikolai Volkoff continued with the WWWF in New York and fought in Louisianna, Georgia, Florida and Japan.
World Wrestling Federation – Nikolai Volkoff and Iron Sheik:
- 1984: Nikolai Volkoff was called back to the WWF by Vince McMahon, Jr. as part of the expansion takeover.
- February 18, 1985 – WWF War to Settle The Score: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Swede Hanson.
- Nikolai Volkoff formed one the greatest heel Tag Team combinations of all time with The Iron Sheik.
- Nikolai Volkoff’s trademark was that he insisted that the crowd rise for the singing of the Russian National Anthem before every match.
- March 31, 1985 – Wrestlemania I: Nikolai Volkoff and Iron Sheik defeated The US Express to win the WWF Tag Team title in MSG.
- May 11, 1985 – SNME: Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham and Ricky Steamboat beat The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff and George Steele.
- July 8, 1985 – King of the Ring: Hulk Hogan defeated Nikolai Volkoff to retain the WWF World Heavyweight title.
- August 28, 1985 – Michigan State Fair: The British Bulldogs defeated The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff.
- October 5, 1985 – SNME: Hulk Hogan defeated Nikolai Volkoff in a “Flag” match to retain the WWF World title.
- November 7, 1985 – Wrestling Classic: Dynamite Kid defeated Nikolai Volkoff in a few seconds in the 1st round.
- January 4, 1986 – SNME: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Corporal Kirschner in a “Peace” match.
- April 2, 1996 – Wrestlemania 2: Corporal Kirchner defeated Nikolai Volkoff.
- November 29, 1986 – SNME: Koko B. Ware defeated Nikolai Volkoff.
- Fred Blassie (retiring) sold the contracts of Nikolai Volkoff and Iron Sheik to WWF newcomer, “The Doctor of Style” Slick.
- March 27, 1987 – Wrestlemania III: The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff defeated The Killer Bees by DQ when Jim Duggan interfered!
- May 2, 1987 – SNME: The Can Am Connection (Tom Zenk and Rick Martel) defeated The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff.
World Wrestling Federation – The Bolsheviks:
- 1987: Nikolai Volkoff later formed a “not-so-successful” tag team with Boris Zhukov, known as the The Bolsheviks, managed by Slick.
- January 2, 1988 – SNME: Strike Force beat Boris Zhukov and Nikolai Volkoff to retain the Tag Team titles.
- March 27, 1988 – Wrestlemania IV: Nikolai Volkoff participated in the Battle Royal, which was won by Bad New Brown.
- July 31, 1988 – Wrestlefest: The Powers of Pain (Barbarian and Warlord w/The Baron) beat The Bolsheviks.
- August 28, 1989 – Summerslam: Powers of Pain defeated The Bolsheviks (Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov).
- Nikolai Volkoff left the WWF and worked a few indy shows for Killer Kowalski before he went back to WWF.
- April 1, 1990 – Wrestlemania VI: The Hart Foundation defeated The Bolsheviks in 19 seconds.
World Wrestling Federation – Good Guy:
- Nikolai Volkoff turned face for the first time in his career and formed a tag team with Hacksaw Jim Duggan to feud with Sgt Slaughter.
- August 27, 1990 – Summerslam: Nikolai Volkoff and Jim Duggan defeated The Orient Express (Pat Tanaka and Kato).
- October 30, 1990 – The Main Event IV: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Sgt. Slaughter by Disqualification.
World Wrestling Federation – Million Dollar Corporation:
- Nikolai Volkoff made a few bad investment decisions in the stock market and nearly lost it all so he looked for WWF employment.
- 1995: Nikolai Volkoff bought front row tickets to WWF events and wearing the same suit week after week.
- The Million Dollar Man Ted DeBiase saw an opportunity to use Nikolai Volkoff and brought him into the Million Dollar Corporation.
- Nikolai Volkoff basically became Ted DiBiase’s servant and was contantly humiliated in front of crowds.
- Nikolai Volkoff was made to wear a T-Shirt that read “Property of The Million Dollar Man”.
- Just as Nikolai Volkoff was about to quit the Corporation, Ted DiBiase “resructured” the group and Volkoff was forgotten.
- June 1997: Nikolai Volkoff signed a contract with Kenny Casanova for a New Breed Wrestling event, in Schenectady, NY.
- July 11, 1997 – New Breed Wrestling: Nikolai Volkoff defeated “Canada’s Greatest Athlete” Mike Sharpe.
- ~~~Before the match, Kenny Casanova wanted Nikalai Volkoff to sing the Russian National Anthem.
- ~~~Nikolai refused, so Kenny tried to sing it. Nikolai grabbed the mic and sang the American National Anthem!
- ~~~Kenny Casanova ran backstage and got Mike Sharpe and the match was on.
- Nikolai Volkoff currently tours United States Independant Wrestling promotions part time.
- June 7, 2003 – World Star Wrestling Federation: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Kage.
- August 16, 2003 – National Wrestling Superstars: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Hasheem Ali (special referee Johnny Valiant).
- August 24, 2003 – Brawl in Buffalo: Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka defeated Nikolai Volkoff (sub for King Kong Bundy).
- November 29, 2003: Nikolai Volkoff appears on stage telling his life story at the Theater for the New City in East Village, NY.
- February 2004: Nikolai Volkoff has opened a training center for professional wrestling around Baltimore, Maryland.
- April 3, 2004 – IWC: Nikolai Volkoff and Patriot (Tom Brandi) defeated T.Rantula and Dr. Feelgood and Denny Gregory.
- May 14, 2004 – NWL in Frederick, MD: Headshrinker Samu and John Rambo defeated Nikolai Volkoff and Morgus the Maniac.
- July 23, 2004 – EWA – Friday Night Riot: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Jim Christian by Disqualification.
- October 23, 2004 – Rice Pro Wrestling: Tony Atlas defeated Nikolai Volkoff by Disqualification.
- October 29, 2004 – WWSA: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Chris Steele.
- March 2, 2005 – MWA debut Show: Nikolai Volkoff and The Patriot defeated Supreme Lee Great and Mana.
- April 2, 2005 – Hall of Fame Ceremony: Nikolai Volkoff was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame along with 6 others in Los Angeles.
- October 3, 2005 – WWE Homecoming: Nikolai Volkoff participated in a Legends Ceremony which included roughly 24 Legends.
- October 29, 2005 – WWSA: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Angel Gonzalez
- December 10, 2005 – World Wide Wrestling Alliance: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Cage in Slatington, Pennsylvania.
- March 5, 2006 – World Wrestling Legends PPV: “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan defeated Nikolai Volkoff w/The Iron Sheik.
- March 2006: Nikolai Volkoff is now a Baltimore County Code inspector and resently became a vegetarian.
- March 2006: Nikolai Volkoff is considering running for the house of delegates in the Baltimore area in September.
- May 6, 2006 – NWA Cyberspace: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Mike Tobin by Disqualification.
- July 29, 2006 – National Wrestling Superstars (Day Show): Nikolai Volkoff defeated Jo-Jo w/ Z-Barr in the main event.
- July 29, 2006 – National Wrestling Superstars (Night): Nikolai Volkoff and The Famous Clown defeated Z-Barr and Jo-Jo.
- September 12, 2006: Nikolai Volkoff finished 5th out of five candidates, in the Republican primary for the Maryland House of Delegates
- June 2, 2007 – National Wrestling Superstars: Nikolai Volkoff defeated The Indian Warrior Draven
- August 13, 2007 – RAW: William Regal presented “WWE Idol” with judges Maria Kanellis, Mick Foley and himself.
- ~~~Contestents for WWE Idol were Jillian Hall, Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik, Lilian Garcia and Santino Marella.
- November 13, 2007 – National Wrestling Superstars: Nikolai Volkoff defeated Salvatore Sincere in the main event.
- March 10, 2008 – RAW: The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff vs. Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham (WrestleMania 1 Rematch).
- December 6, 2008 – Devestation Wrestling Federation: Nikolai Volkoff sang God Bless America in New Jersey.
- December 6, 2008 – Devestation Wrestling Federation: Rockin’ Rebel and Nikolai Volkoff defeated The Sheiks w/ Bobby Reidel.
- August 21, 2010 – Atomic Championship Wrestling: Nikolai Volkoff defeated CM Serenyi in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
- November 15, 2010 – Old School RAW: Santino and Vladimir Kozlov did an in-ring segment with the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff and Slick!
- ~~~Vladimir Kozlov got to sing the Russian National Anthem with Nikolai Volkoff in what had to be the thrill of a lifetime for Kozlov.
- ~~~The Iron Sheik started ranting into the microphone during his entrance cutting a heated promo on the Immortal Hulk Hogan.