- Paul Anderson was a weightlifter who was once recognized as the World’s Strongest Man!
- Squat: 1185 lbs
- Bench Press: 625 lbs
- Deadlift w/o Straps: 780 lbs
- Deadlift w/Hooks: 820 lbs
- Clean & Press: 485 lbs
- Clean & Jerk: 485 lbs
- Snatch: 375 lbs
- Push Press: 545 lbs
- Back Lift: 6270 lbs
- Dumbbell Side Press: 240 lbs x 40 / 300 lbs x 11
- Paul Anderson trained mainly on the squat; He weighed around 330-360 pounds with 36 inch thighs and squatting power to match..
- ~~Which gave him the basic strength to demolish all the official Olympic lifting records and many unofficial power records..
- ~~Paul squatted 900 lbs while still an amateur and later did a legendary 1200 lbs as a professional..
- ~~Paul Anderson’s most impressive feat was in the jerk press of an incredible 565 pounds!
- Paul Anderson won a gold medal for weightlifting at the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, Australia..
- 1961: Paul Anderson and his wife (Glenda) founded the “Paul Anderson Youth Home” for troubled youth..
- August 15, 1994: Paul Edward Anderson passed away..George Caillouette wrote in: When I was a boy I saw Mr. Paul Anderson on the What’s My Line TV show lift a 2,000 lb elephant and the whole panel. This was done at separate times. The panel of people were on a carousel type structure. This spurred me to do weightlifting which helped me to be a healthy teenager. In high school I gained 50 lbs because of weightlifting taking me from 115 lbs @ 5’6″ to 165 lbs.