- Stampede International Tag Team titles w/Lennie Hurst defeating Duke Savage & Stan Kowalski (1974);
- NWA Austra Asian Tag Team titles w/Larry O` Day defeating Masa Saito & Ed Wiskoski (Febuary 18, 1977);
- NWA (New Zealand) British Empire/ Commonwelth Heavyweight title defeating Curtis Iaukea (May 26, 1977);
- NWA (Hawaii) North American Heavyweight title defeating Tor Kamata (March 1978);
- NWA Georgia Tag Team titles w/Tommy Rich defeating Ivan Koloff & Ole Anderson (October 13, 1978);
- WWC North American Tag Team titles w/Pierre Martel Awarded (January 22, 1979);
- NWA (New Zealand) British Empire / Commonwelth Heavyweight title defeating Mad Dog Martin (March 19, 1979);
- NWA (New Zealand) British Empire / Commonwelth Heavyweight title defeating Mr. Fuji (September 3, 1979);
- NWA Pacfic Northwest Heavyweight title defeating Buddy Rose (March 22, 1980);
- NWA Pacfic Northwest Tag Team titles w/Roddy Piper defeating Luke Williams & Butch Miller (March 29, 1980);
- NWA (Vancouver) Canadian Tag Team titles w/Roddy Piper defeating Luke Williams & Butch Miller (May 19, 1980);
- NWA Pacfic Northwest Tag Team titles w/Roddy Piper Awarded (August 5, 1980);
- WWF Tag Team titles w/Tony Garea defeating Wild Samoans Afa & Sika (November 8, 1980);
- WWF Tag Team titles w/Tony Garea defeating The Moondogs Spot & Rex (May 1, 1981);
- IWA (Montreal) International Heavyweight title wins a tournament (September ??, 1982);
- AWA World Heavyweight title defeating Jumbo Tsuruta (May 13, 1984);
- WWF World Tag Team titles w/Tito Santana defeating Jim Neidhart & Bret Hart (October 27, 1987);
- WCW World Television Title defeating Booker T (Febuary 16, 1998);
In The Beginning:
- Rick Martel (Vigneault) is NOT related to Sherri Martel (Russel).
Getting into the Business:
- 1974: Rick Martel & Lennie Hurst won the Stampede International Tag Team titles from Stan Kowalski & Duke Savage..
Wrestling in New Zealand:
- May 1977: Rick Martel won the Commonwealth Championship (in New Zealand) from King Curtis Iaukea..
- Rick Martel later lost to Ali Waziri (now better known as the Iron Sheik)..
- 1979: Rick Martel won the vacated Commonwealth Title again, and later lost it to Ripper Collins..
- 1979: Rick Martel defeated Mr. Fuji to win the Commonwealth title for a third time..
- Late 1979: Rick Martel left New Zealand and vacated the title..
Pacific Northwest Wrestling:
- 1980: Rick Martel came to the NWA Pacific-Northwest territory, and immediately became one of their main stars..
- March 22, 1980: Rick Martel beat Buddy Rose to become the Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Champion!
- March 1980: Rick Martel & Roddy Piper defeated the Kiwi Sheepherders for the Pacific Northwest Tag Team titles..
- August 16, 1980: Buddy Rose defeated Rick Martel in a “Loser Leaves Town” match forcing Martel to forfiet both his titles..
World Wide Wrestling Federation:
- November 8, 1980: Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeated The Wild Samoans for the WWWF Tag Team titles (lost to the Moondogs)..
- July 21, 1980: Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeated the Moondogs to recapture the WWWF Tag Team titles (lost to Fuji/Saito)..
- Rick Martel left the WWWF and became a regular performer in Montreal in the early 1980s..
- ~~~Rick Martel a memorable “good guy vs good guy” feud against Dino Bravo in 1983..
- September 1982: Rick Martel won a tournament for the vacated International Championship..
- December 1982: Billy Robinson defeated Rick Martel for the International Championship..
- ~~~The Montreal promotion never recovered from the loss of Dino Bravo & Rick Martel in 1986, when they signed with the WWF..
American Wrestling Association:
- Rick Martel then left Montreal and joined Verne Gagne’s Minnesota-based AWA..
- May 1984: Rick Martel shocked the world when he defeated Jumbo Tsuruta for the AWA World Heavyweight title!
- December 1984: Stan Hansen defeated Rick Martel to capture the AWA World title..
- September 28, 1985 – AWA SuperClash: Rick Martel vs Stan Hansen fought to a Double DQ. Rick Martel retains the AWA title..
- April 20, 1986 – AWA WrestleRock: Rick Martel vs Harley Race fought to a DOUBLE COUNT OUT..
World Wrestling Federation – Can Am Connection:
- Rick Martel returned to the WWF, teaming with Tom Zenk as the Can-Am Connection..
- March 27, 1987 – Wrestlemania III: The Can-Am Connection defeated Don Muraco and “Cowboy” Bob Orton..
- May 2, 1987 – SNME: The Can-Am Connection defeated The Iron Sheik & Nikalia Volkoff..
- Mid-1987: The Hart Foundation defeated the Can-Am Connection when they “took out” Tom Zenk before the match..
- ~~~Tom Zenk left the WWF, leaving Martel without a partner, so he recruited Tito Santana and they were known as Strike Force..
World Wrestling Federation – Strike Force:
- October 27, 1987 – Superstars: Rick Martel and Tito Santana defeated The Hart Foundation to win the WWF Tag Team titles..
- January 2, 1988 – SNME: Strike Force defeated The Bolsheviks (Nikolai Volkoff & Boris Zukov) to retain..
- February 5, 1988 – The Main Event: Strike Force defeated The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) to retain..
- March 1988: Demolition burst on the scene and beat Strike Force to capture the WWF Tag Team titles..
- Both Rick Martel & Tito Santana disappear from the scene for about a year before reforming their team..
- April 2, 1989 – Wrestlemania V: The Brain Busters defeated Strike Force when Rick Martel walked out on Tito Santana!
World Wrestling Federation – vs Tito Santana:
- Rick Martel turned heel on Tito Santana, breaking up Strike Force, and resulted in a bitter feud that lasted over a year!
- October 14, 1989 – SNME: Tito Santana vs Rick Martel went to a double disqualification..
- October 14, 1989 – King of the Ring: Tito Santana defeated Rick Martel in the finals of the KotR Tournament!
- April 1, 1990 – Wrestlemania VI: Rick Martel defeated Koko B. Ware..
- November 23, 1990 – SNME: Rick “The Model” Martel defeated Tito Santana in the supposed blowoff of the feud..
World Wrestling Federation – The Model:
- Rick Martel became known as “The Model”, wrestling as a heel, although he had lost a lot of the athleticism he showed in his prime..
- ~~~Sidenote: The “Model” gimmick was a J.J. Dillon’s idea — The model would carry a spray can of purfume called “Arrogance”..
- The Model’s biggest feud happened when he accidentally blinded Jake “the Snake” Roberts by spraying him with Arrogance..
- March 24, 1991 – Wrestlemania VII: Jake “The Snake” Roberts defeated Rick “The Model” Martel in a famous “Blindfold” match..
- April 5, 1992 – Wrestlemania VIII: Tatanka defeated Rick “The Model” Martel..
- November 24, 1992 – Survivor Series: Tatanka defeated Rick “The Model” Martel AGAIN..
- August 29, 1992 – SummerSlam: Rick Martel battled Shawn Michaels for the love of Sensational Sherri, the match was a No Contest..
World Wrestling Federation – Lighter Schedule:
- October 4, 1993 – RAW: Razor Ramon & Rick Martel were co-winners of a Battle Royal for the Intercontinental title..
- October 11, 1993 – RAW: Razor Ramon defeated Rick Martel to win the vacant Intercontinental title!
- November 8, 1993 – RAW: Rick Martel defeated John Paul.
- December 13, 1993 – RAW: Rick Martel defeated Tim McNeany.
- March 28, 1994 – RAW: Lex Luger defeated Rick Martel by submission..
- April 04, 1994 – RAW: Rick Martel/IRS/Jeff Jarrett/Headshrinkers beat Sparky Plugg/Tatanka/123 Kid/The Smoking Gunns..
- ~~~This was a match scheduled for WrestleMania (the night before) however the match was bumped to RAW..
- 1995: Rick Martel left the WWF, to wrestle in various independent federations both here and overseas..
- IN CANADA: Rick Martel formed a tag team with Don Casablancas (aka Don Callis) known as “The Super Models”..
- Rick Martel & Don Callis pitched the idea of bringing “The Super Models” to the WWF and negotiated but it never panned out..
World Championship Wrestling:
- Late 1997: Rick Martel resurfaced in World Championship Wrestling and captured the Television title!
- January 5, 1998 – Monday Nitro: Rick Martel defeated Brad Armstrong..
- January 10, 1998 – Saturday Night: Rick Martel defeated Mark Truran..
- January 17, 1998 – Saturday Night: Rick Martel defeated Hard Body Harrison..
- January 19, 1998 – Monday Nitro: Rick Martel defeated Eddie Guerrero..
- January 23, 1998 – Thunder: Rick Martel defeated Perry Saturn..
- January 24, 1998 – Saturday Night: Rick Martel defeated Johnny Attitude..
- February 14, 1998 – Worldwide: Rick Martel defeated Barry Houston..
- February 16, 1998 – Monday Nitro: Saturn defeated Rick Martel..
- February 16, 1998 – Monday Nitro: Rick Martel defeated Booker T to win the WCW Television title..
- February 22, 1998 – SuperBrawl VIII: Booker T defeated Rick Martel to win the WCW Television title..
- February 28, 1998 – Worldwide: Rick Martel defeated Silver King..
- July 13, 1998 – Monday Nitro: Stevie Ray (WCW Television Champion) defeated Rick Martel
- Rick Martel was soon sidelined with a back injury, and he was out of wrestling for five months..
- ~~~When he returned, in a match-up against Stevie Ray, he injured his neck, and Martel decided to retire..
- Rick Martel was a good, agile wrestler with a good physique..
- Many found him an odd choice for the AWA title — especially when Verne Gagne wouldn’t give the belt to Hulk Hogan..
- 2002: Rick Martel is now involved real-estate and lives in Lac-Beauport, suburb of Quebec City, QC, Canada..
- March 2004: Rick Martel recently had two hip replacement surgeries, so all the best for a speedy recovery..
- June 24, 2007 – Vengeance (Night of Champions): Rick Martel made an appearance as a former World Tag Team Champion..
- ~~~Rick Martel & Tony Garea got physically involved saving Sgt. Slaughter & Jimmy Snuka from Deuce & Domino..