NWA: Central States – The “Midnight” Rockers
- Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels formed a very exciting high-flying tag team known as the Midnight Rockers..
- May 15, 1986: The Midnight Rockers defeated Brad & Bart Batten for the Central States Tag Team titles..
- May 22, 1986: The Batten Twins defeated The Midnight Rockers to reclaim the Central States Tag Team titles.
American Wrestling Association – The “Midnight” Rockers
- April 20, 1986 – WrestleRock: Doug Somers & Buddy Rose defeated The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels)..
- June 28, 1986 – Battle by the Bay: Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels & Curt Hennig beat Rose & Somers & Alexis Smirnoff..
- December 25, 1986 – Brawl in St. Paul: The Midnight Rockers defeated Buddy Rose & Doug Somers in a “Steel Cage” match..
- January 27, 1987: The Midnight Rockers captured the AWA World Tag Team title by defeating Buddy Rose & Doug Somers..
- May 2, 1987 – SuperClash II: Ray Stevens & Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty beat Buddy Wolfe & Doug Sommers & Kevin Kelly..
- The Midnight Rockers also worked in Memphis CWAand even had a stint as heels.
The World Wrestling Federation – A Cup of Tea
- Summer 1987: The Midnight Rockers joined the WWF, but were fired 2 weeks later for “partying too hard”..
- ~~~The Midnight Rockers wrestled a few matches against “The Shadows” at WWF House Shows before leaving.
American Wrestling Association – The Midnight Rockers
- December 27, 1987: The Midnight Rockers beat Randy Rose & Dennis Condrey for their 2nd AWA World Tag Team titles in Vegas.
The World Wrestling Federation – The Rockers
- 1988: Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty resigned with the WWF and became known simply as “The Rockers”..
- October 16, 1988 – King of the Ring: Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty both lost their first round matches..
- November 24, 1988 – Survivor Series: The Rockers made their PPV debut in the Tag Team elimination match..
- January 15, 1989 – Royal Rumble: Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty both participate in the Royal Rumble match..
- March 11, 1989 – SNME: Brain Busters (Anderson & Blanchard) vs The Rockers ended in a DOUBLE COUNT OUT..
- April 2, 1989 – Wrestlemania 5: The Twin Towers (The Big Bossman & Akeem) defeated The Rockers..
- October, 10, 1989 – WWF in the UK: The Rockers defeated The Rougeau Brothers (Jacques & Raymond)..
- August 28, 1989 – Summerslam: The Rougeau Brothers & Rick Martel defeated The Rockers & Tito Santana..
- November 23, 1989 – Survivor Series: The Rockers joined the Ultimate Warrior’s Team against The Heenan Family..
- January 21, 1990 – Royal Rumble: Shawn Michaels & Marty Janntty both participated in the Royal Rumble..
- April 1, 1990 – Wrestlemania 6: The Orient Express defeated The Rockers by COUNT OUT..
- April 28, 1990 – SNME: The Hart Foundation vs The Rockers went to a DOUBLE DQ when Demolition interfered..
- August 27, 1990 – Summerslam: Power & Glory (Hercules & Paul Roma) defeated The Rockers (Michaels & Jannetty)..
- October 1990 – SNME: Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty won the Tag Team titles from Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart..
- ~~~Neidhart had been fired and was filling contractual obligations, which including jobbing the titles to another team..
- ~~~During the match, the top rope broke causing a bit of confusion and the Rockers winning the match..
- ~~~The Rockers defended the titles for a week after that, but then Neidhart was re-hired by the WWF..
- ~~~Vince McMahon decided that the title change never actually happened..
- ~~~To exlain, a story was sent to Pro Wrestling Illustrated about the rope break causing an “unfair working environment”..
- ~~~The title reign was annulled, and forgotten..
- ~~~The title change was edited out of the Main Event broadcast, and thus went down in history that the Rockers never had the belt..
- November 22, 1990 – Survivor Series: Martel/Warlord/Hercules/Roma defeated Roberts/Snuka/The Rockers..In a Rockers tag team match in December 1990, Marty Jannetty botched the finishing “Rocker Dropper” move on jobber Charles Austin, who had been teaming with Lanny Poffo. Austin’s neck was instantly broken, and many wrestlers watching backstage thought he had died. Austin suffered paralysis and intense nerve damage, but by a few years later was able to slightly walk again with the aid of crutches- though still unable to control his bodily functions. Source www.wrestlinggonewrong.com
- January 19, 1991 – Royal Rumble: The Rockers defeated The Orient Express (Kato & Tanaka w/Mr. Fuji)..
- March 24, 1991 – Wrestlemania 7: The Rockers defeated Barbarian & Haku w/Bobby Heenan in Los Angles, California..
- April 24, 1991 – UK Rampage: The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty) defeated The Orient Express..
- October 3, 1991 – WWF at Royal Albert Hall: The Nasty Boys defeated The Rockers..
- November 27, 1991 – Survivor Series: Shawn Michaels walked out on Marty Jannetty during the final moments of the Survivors match..
- 1992: The Rockers broke up after Shawn Michaels tossed Marty Jannetty through the window of Brutus Beefcake’s “Barber Shop”.
The World Wrestling Federation – Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannetty
- May 17, 1993 – RAW: Marty Jannetty defeated Shawn Michaels to win the Intercontinental title..
- June 6, 1993: Shawn Michaels defeated Marty Jannetty to regain the Intercontinental title..
- July 19, 1993 – RAW: Shawn Michaels defeated Marty Jannetty..
- January 22, 1994 – Royal Rumble: Marty Jannetty entered at #29 and was eliminated by Shawn Michaels..
- July 1, 1996 – RAW: Shawn Michaels defeated Marty Jannetty.
World Wrestling Entertainment:
- March 14, 2005 – RAW: The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty) defeated La Resistance (Rob Conway & Sylvain Grenier).