- Frank Menacker was a baseball player in the NY Yankees organization, playing class A baseball as a catcher before turning to the mat.
- Frank Menacker had is name changed from Frank to Sam because promoters thought that Frank didn’t sound “Jewish” enough.
- 1941: Sam Menacker’s wrestling career was put on hold by the War.
- 1946: Sam Menacker was discharged after five years of service, with the rank of Major!
- Sam Menacker returned to wrestling but soon abandoned the tights and became a promoter/manager, and later a commentator.
- Amung Sam Menacker’s proteges were his wife, June Beyers and Gorgeous George Wagner.
- Sam Menacker and June Beyers were both licensed pilots, and used to fly to many of their bookings.
- Sam Menacker appeared in several movies: Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion, Mighty Joe Young, and Alias the Champ.
- January 7, 1994: Sammy Menacker passed away at the age of 79.