- Stevie Lee was receiving a major push for WAR Wrestling out of Lima, Ohio, and was their top heel at the time of his death..
- ~~~Whenever he worked for WAR Wrestling, he was often accompanied by the valet & lady wrestler Jayme Braxton..
- Stevie Lee was pushed heavily by the XWF promotion, operating in the WV/Ohio area teaming with Michael “Mr 8by10″ Cruz..
- November 2004 – RAW TV Taping: Viscera defeated Steven Lee in a match taped for Sunday Night Heat..
- July 28, 2005 – Velocity: MNM (Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro w/Melina Perez) defeated Scotty Sabre & Steve Lee..
- October 2005: Stevie Lee (Real Name: Russ Hardman) died of a blood clot to the brain..
- Stevie Lee was being used by a number of indy groups in the midwest as well as occasional jobber in the WWE when he died..
- ~~~He was considered a major oncoming star and his death was considered a major loss to the wrestlign world……………
- January 6, 2007: WAR Presented “Russellmania”, a tribute show for Russ Hardman (Stevie Lee) in Lima, OH at the UAW Hall …
Dale Pierce wrote: Stevie Lee died in October of 2005 from a blood clot to the brain. His funeral and/or viewing was attended in massillon, Ohio, by indy workers from five different states, who traveled the distance to pay their respects. Among those attending were Michael “Mr 8by10″ Cruz, Scotty Sabre, The Time Traveler, Big Tom, Tim Shady, Shasta,and many people from WAR promotions in western Ohio, where he had been receiving a major push. A pair of his boots were put out to be signed by the wrestlers, as well as the guestbook.