Wrestlers who Teddy Long Managed:
Mean Mark Callous Ron Simmons
Johnny B. Badd Too Cold Scorpio
Ice Train Sgt Craig Pittman
Bobby Walker D’lo Brown
National Wrestling Alliance / World Championship Wrestling:
- Teddy Long broke into the business by hanging out and running errands for wrestlers such as Tommy Rich & Abdullah the Butcher..
- Teddy Long eventurally became a member of the ring crew for National Wrestling Alliance..
- Teddy Long filled in for a referee who no showed to an NWA card, and eventually became a full-time referee..
- February 20, 1989 – NWA Chi-Town Rumble: Teddy Long runs in for the 3 count to award Ricky Steamboat the NWA World title..
- Teddy Long suddenly became a lot more involved in other matches making controversial decisions which often favored the heels..
- April 2, 1989: Teddy Long controversially awards Mike Rotunda & Steve Williams the NWA Tag titles from the Road Warriors..
- Teddy Long was banned by the NWA from refereeing, and later returned as the manager of the Skyscrapers..
- Teddy Long credits Eddie Gilbert and Kevin Sullivan for helping him make the transition from referee to manager..
- Teddy Long & the Skyscrapers began feuding with the Road Warriors & Paul Ellering..
- The Skyscrapers broke up and Teddy Long became the manager for the recently unmasked team of of Doom..
- May 19, 1990 – NWA Capital Combat: Paul Ellering defeats Teddy Long in a Hair-vs-Hair match to end their rivalry..
- ~~~Later that night, Doom defeats The Steiner Brothers for the NWA World Tag titles to become the first African American champs..
- Teddy Long is awarded PWI Manager of the Year Achievement Award..
- WrestleWar 91: The Freebirds defeat Doom for the NWA Tag Team titles and Teddy Long & Butch Reed turn on Ron Simmons!
- Teddy Long then introduces his new wrestler, Johnny B. Badd..
- Helloween Havoc ’91: Johnny B. Badd w/Teddy Long defeats Jimmy Garvin..
- Teddy Long leaves managing to become a commentator..
- Teddy Long makes another comeback, this time as a face, managing 2 Cold Scorpio & Marcus Alexander Bagwell..
- 1996: Teddy Long pops up in WCW managing jobbers Joey Maggs, Jimmy Powers, Craig Pittman, Bobby Walker & Ice Train..
- Fall Brawl 1996: Teddy Long manages Ice Train as he defeats Scott Norton..
World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment:
- 1999: Teddy Long debuted in the World Wrestling Federation as a referee at the Royal Rumble PPV..
- March 28, 1999: Teddy Long officiated a grudge match between Kane and Triple H at WrestleMania 15..
- October 17, 1999: Teddy Long officiated the Good Housekeeping match between Chyna and Jeff Jarrett at No Mercy..
- November 14, 1999: Teddy Long officiated the Women’s Elimination Tag Team Match at Survivor Series..
- September 2002: WWE has removed referee Teddy Long from the road with rumors he could return as a manager..
World Wrestling Entertainment:
- January 20, 2003 – RAW: Teddy Long debuted on RAW in a managerial roll, siding with D-Lo Brown in a ‘race card’ angle..
- Febuary 17, 2003 – RAW: Teddy Long fired D-Lo because he wasn’t “getting the job done”, and introduced Rodney Mack..
- April 7, 2003 – RAW: Teddy Long recruited Jazz into his group, who was the real life wife of Rodney Mack..
- April 27, 2003 – Backlash 2003: Teddy Long guided Jazz to winning the WWE Women’s title from Trish Stratus..
- June 23, 2003 – RAW: Maven pinned Chris Nowinski (now managed by Theodore Long) in less than 20 seconds!
- August 18, 2003 – RAW: Teddy Long returned to RAW and led his man Rodney Mack to a loss against Rosey..
- August 25, 2003 – RAW: Theodore Long added “World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry to his group of “Playahs”..
- Janaury 5, 2003 – RAW: Theodore Long was granted the opportunity to be General Manager of RAW for one night only..
- ~~~Of course, Theodore Long was harassed by Sherrif Steve Austin, including getting chased by a four-wheeler!
World Wrestling Entertainment – Smackdown!:
- March 22, 2004 – Draft Lottery: Theodore Long was happy when he was drafted to Smackdown!, much to the dismay of Jazz!
- March 25, 2004 – Smackdown!: Theodore Long handed out “Playahs” cards to Scotty Too Hotty & Rikishi to offer his services..
- April 8, 2004 – Smackdown!: Theodore Long faced off with Spike Dudley in the ring, but was saved by his new protege, Mark Jindrak!
World Wrestling Entertainment – Smackdown! General Manager:
- July 29, 2004 – Smackdown!: Theodore Long was named NEW General Manager of SmackDown! in a babyface roll..
- August 12, 2004 – Smackdown!: GM Long called Eddie Guerrero & Kurt Angle to the ring for a handshake but nothing was resolved..
- August 26, 2004 – Smackdown!: Kurt Angle lured Eddie Guerrero out to the parking lot and told him NOT to lay a hand on HIS car!
- ~~~Eddie Guerrero smashed the car to pieces until General Manager Theodore Long showed up and informed him that it was HIS car!
- December 30, 2004 – Smackdown!: Theodore Long presented the 2004 Night of Champions with all titles on the line..
- Early 2005: Theodore Long was continually pestered by Carlito Cool, who was circulating a petition to have Long removed as GM..
- February 24, 2005 – Smackdown!: The WWE Board of Directors (Linda McMahon) gave Theodore Long the “thumbs up approval”..
- March 3, 2005 – Smackdown!: Carlito Cool showed up for his first assignment from Theodore Long — shovelling snow!
- March 10, 2005 – Smackdown!: John Cena showed up with a steel pipe wanting revenge on The Cabinit, but was outlawed from doing so!
- ~~~John Cena told General Manager Theodore Long that he was “obviously part of the problem” and delivered a vicious FU!
- March 17, 2005 – Smackdown!: Eric Bischoff & Theodore Long attended the contract signing between Undertaker and Randy Orton..
- August 25, 2005 – Smackdown!: Theodore Long was introduced to Palmer Cannon, a representative from “The Network”..
- September 16, 2005 – Smackdown!: Palmer Cannon underminded GM Long’s authority and named Eddie Guerrero as #1 Contender!
World Wrestling Entertainment – Smackdown! vs RAW:
- October 3, 2005 – WWE Homecoming: Vince McMahon granted Theodore Long the right to present a Smackdown! showcase match..
- ~~~After Mr. McMahon had left the building, Bischoff interjected his authority and cancelled the Smackdown! showcase match..
- ~~~The John Cena/Kurt Angle fight was put on the backburner as a massive Smackdown! vs RAW brawl broke out around the ring..
- November 4, 2005 – Smackdown!: Eric Bischoff & Theodore Long agreed to do a RAW vs SD! Elimination match at Survivor Series..
- November 11, 2005 – Smackdown!: Batista (SD!) vs Edge w/Lita (RAW) in an Interpromotional Street Fight ended in a No Contest..
- ~~~Chris Masters & Eric Bischoff lured Team SD! away from the building, so Kane & Big Show interfered unopposed..
- ~~~Kane & Big Show went to the ring and attacked Batista and gave him the double-choke-slam-from-hell in the ring!
- November 21, 2005 – RAW: Team RAW and Team Smackdown! met up in the parking lot and Batista was chokeslammed on a car!
- November 27, 2005 – Survivor Series: Theodore Long (SD!) defeated Eric Bischoff (RAW) with help from The Boogeyman!
- February 24, 2006 – Smackdown!: GM Long decided to add Rey Mysterio to the WWE title match at WM22 making it a 3-WAY!
- April 27, 2006–Deep South Wrestling: Teddy Long showed up to “ban” Palmer Canon from Deep South and “rehired” Nick Patrick..
- May 11, 2006–Deep South Wrestling: Theodore Long replaced Palmer Canon in the storyline where he is in control of the promotion..
- May 26, 2006 – SmackDown!: Paul Heyman showed up but was warned by Theodore Long not to be snooping around the locker room..
- August 31, 2006–Deep South Wrestling: Theodore Long showed up and said he will be scouting talent for Smackdown!….
- September 29, 2006 – SmackDown!: Theodore Long officially announced the signing of Montel Vontavious Porter..
- December 22, 2006 – SmackDown!: JBL publically demanded that Theodore Long apologize for running SD! in a careless manner..
- January 5, 2007 – SmackDown!: JBL interviewed Montel Vontavious Porter and blamed Theodore Long for his injuries..
World Wrestling Entertainment – Theodore Long & Kristal Marshall:
- January-April 2007: Theodore Long became less significent on SmackDown! while he did a romance storyline with Kristal..
- April 27, 2007 – SmackDown!: Kristal wanted to spend more time with Theodore Long so he decided to find himself a GM replacement..
- May 11, 2007 – SmackDown!: Kristal Marshall convinced her “boyfriend” Teddy Long to interview Vickie Guerrero to be his assistent..
- May 18, 2007 – SmackDown!: Theodore Long, at the urging of Kristal Marshall, interviewed Vickie Guerrero to be his assistent..
- May 25, 2007 – SmackDown!: Theodore Long officially offered the “SmackDown! Assistent” position to Vickie Guerrero..
- June 1, 2007 – SmackDown!: Theodore Long & Kristal Marshall left early leaving the show in the hands of Vickie Guerrero..
- June 11, 2007–RAW: The Mr. McMahon “character” was tragically killed when his private limousine exploded into a ball of flames..
- June 15, 2007 – SmackDown!: Theodore Long said Mr. McMahon believed in him and gave him an a valuable opportunity..
- June 22, 2007–SmackDown!: Theodore Long asked Kristal to marry him and she ran away crying but accepted after she saw the ring..
- July 27, 2007–SmackDown!: Theodore Long & Kristal Marshall asked Ron Simmons to be his best man at their upcoming wedding..
- August 3, 2007–SmackDown!: Theodore Long & Kristal announced that their wedding would take place September 21 on SmackDown!..
- August 17, 2007–SmackDown!: Theodore Long & Kristal Marshall asked Torrie Wilson & Michelle McCool to be brides-maides..
- September 14, 2007–SmackDown!: Kristal Marshall had her crazy bridal shower and Theodore Long had his wild bachelor party..
- September 21, 2007–SmackDown!: The Theodore Long-Kristal Marshall wedding was cut short after Long suffered a heart attack..
World Wrestling Entertainment – Theodore Long:
- November 30, 2007–SmackDown!: Theodore Long returned as General Manager and booked a triple threat match for Armageddon..
- December 2007: Theodore Long was forced into becoming an “assistant” to SmackDown! General Manager Vickie Guerrero..
- February 1, 2008–SmackDown!: Theodore Long was put in charge for one night since Vickie Guerrero was injured at Royal Rumble..
- May 16, 2008–SmackDown!: Theodore Long finally QUIT the position of Assistant to General Manager Vickie Guerrero!
- May 19, 2008–RAW: Theodore Long showed up backstage at RAW on the same night William Regal was fired as General Manager..
- May 23, 2008–SmackDown!: Montel Vontavious Ported invited Theodore Long into the VIP Lounge to tell his side of the story..
- ~~~MVP turned the tables and said he remembered how Teddy Long treated him while he was General Manager of SmackDown!..
- ~~~~~~Montel Vontavious Ported started threatening Teddy Long until Batista showed up and destroyed the VIP Lounge set..
World Wrestling Entertainment – Theodore Long, General Manager of ECW:
- Theodore Long became the General Manager of ECW and hired a blonde “assistent” named Tiffany..
- December 8, 2008–RAW (Slammy Awards): Theodore Long & Melina presented the award for “Best WWE Diva” to Beth Phoenix..
- April 7, 2009–ECW on Sci-Fi: Theodore Long said he was going back to SmackDown! and made Tiffanythe G.M. of ECW..
World Wrestling Entertainment – Theodore Long, General Manager of SmackDown!:
- June 26, 2009–SmackDown!: Vince McMahon made a rare appearance and put General Manager Theodore Long under probation..
- August 7, 2009–SmackDown!: Vince McMahon made an appearance to keep an eye on General Manager Theodore Long..
- September 4, 2009–SmackDown!: Vince McMahon was there to intimidate General Manager Theodore Long while on probation..
- September 11, 2009–SmackDown!: Vince McMahon was there to intimidate General Manager Theodore Long while on probation..
World Wrestling Entertainment – Theodore Long, General Manager of SmackDown! (vs. The Undertaker):
- September 13, 2009–WWE Breaking Point: C.M. Punk defeated The Undertaker in a Submissions match to retain the World title!
- ~~~The Undertaker initially won using the Hells Gate finisher, but Theodore Long restarted the match because the move was banned!
- ~~~C.M. Punk applied the Anaconda Vice on a stunned Undertaker and the bell rang ending the match with a Montreal SCREWJOB!
- September 18, 2009–SmackDown!: Vince McMahon mocked Theodore Long for screwing the Undertaker at the Breaking Point PPV..
- ~~~Theodore Long defended his actions in the ring, apologizing to the WWE Universe, and apologizing to the Undertaker as well..
- ~~~Theodore Long admitted that there was a conspiracy, but claimed that he was doing his job and asked for Taker’s fogiveness..
- ~~~Theodore Long was escorted to his limo, where he was abducted by Undertaker, who said “buckle up, TEDDY!” and drove off..
- ~~C.M. Punk confidently went to the ring to brag about his part in screwing the Undertaker – and preached his straight edge beliefs..
- September 25, 2009–SmackDown!: After being held hostage all week, Theodore Long showed up and lifted the ban on the Hells Gate!
- ~~~Theodore Long also announced that C.M. Punk would defend the World Heavyweight title against Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell!
- October 9, 2009–SmackDown!: Vickie Guerrero & Eric Escobar were hanging around mostly harassing G.M. Theodore Long..
- October 23, 2009–SmackDown!: The Undertaker defeated C.M. Punk with the Hell’s Gate to retain the World Heavyweight title..
- ~~~C.M. Punk tried to orchestrate another screwjob with Theodore Long & ref Scott Armstrong, but the whole plan backfired..
- November 20, 2009–WWE SmackDown!: Vince McMahon appointed Vickie Guerrero a consultant to SD! G.M. Theodore Long..
- December 14, 2009–Slammy Awards: Theodore Long & Tiffany presented the Slammy Award for “Breakout Superstars of the Year”..
- December 25, 2009–WWE SmackDown!: Vickie Guerrero & Theodore Long did some Christmas-themes skits with Hornswoggle..
World Wrestling Entertainment – Theodore Long, General Manager of SmackDown! (vs. Drew McIntyre):
- May 7, 2010–SmackDown!: Drew McIntyre assaulted Matt Hardy in the ring and was suspended, stripped of his title, and fired!
- ~~~Drew McIntyre was escorted out of the building by SmackDown! agents and told Theodore Long “we’ll see who is fired!”
- May 14, 2010–SmackDown!: Kofi Kingston defeated Christian in the Finals to win the vacant WWE Intercontinental title..
- ~~~After the match, former champion Drew McIntyre produced a letter from Vince McMahon overruling Theodore Long’s decision..
- ~~~General Manager Teddy Long was forced to take the belt away from Kofi Kingston and return it to the arrogant Drew McIntyre!
- June 4, 2010–SmackDown!: Theodore Long announced that Kane had found The Undertaker in a vegetative state this past week..
- June 7, 2010–WWE Viewer’s Choice: Matt Hardy defeated Drew McIntyre in a match where the fans voted for McIntyre’s opponent..
- ~~~Drew cancelled the match because Matt was suspended, but Theodore Long said Matt was only suspended from SmackDown!
- June 11, 2010–SmackDown!: Drew McIntyre announced that Matt Hardy was now suspended from all WWE programing..
- ~~~Kofi Kingston interrupted and they got into a huge brawl – Drew later announced that he had a match with Teddy Long next week!
- June 18, 2010–SmackDown!: Drew McIntyre defeated General Manager Theodore Long – (Drew forced Long to lay down for him)..
- ~~~~~Kofi Kingston tried to prevent a post-match assault, but Drew’s security held him back – Matt Hardy showed up to save Long!
- June 20, 2010–Fatal 4-WAY PPV: Kofi Kingston defeated Drew McIntyre to retain the WWE Intercontinental title..
- ~~~The referee was knocked out so McIntyre forced Theodore Long (who was sitting at ringside) to replace the unconcious referee..
- ~~~Matt Hardy showed up and hit McIntyre with the Twist of Fate – Kofi followed up with the Trouble in Paradise to win the match!
- June 25, 2010–SmackDown!: With Mr. McMahon injured by the Nexus, Theodore Long reinstated Matt Hardy to the SD! roster..
- ~~Matt Hardy defeated Drew McIntyre (After the match, Theodore Long had McIntyre deported because his work visa had expired!)
- July 9, 2010–SmackDown!: Drew McIntyre returned referring to Theodore as “Mr. Long” asking to be put in the Money in the Bank..
- ~~~Long forced McIntyre into a series of humiliating tasks before making him wrestle in a MITB qualifying match (which he won!)..
World Wrestling Entertainment – Theodore Long, General Manager of SmackDown! (and Hornswoggle):
- August 27, 2010–SmackDown!: Theodore Long agreed to work with Hornswoggle to teach him how to talk and communicate..
- September 3, 2010–SmackDown!: Hornswoggle tried electro shock therapy but he ripped them off and shocked the doctor instead!
- September 17, 2010–SmackDown!: Hornswoggle & Theodore Long did a ridiculous segment in a classroom getting lessons from a nun..
- September 24, 2010–SmackDown!: Trent Barreta & Caylen Croft tried to teach Hornswoggle how to talk (Long said that was ridiculous)
- October 18, 2010–RAW: Theodore Long showed up on RAW to hype the RAW vs. SmackDown match at the Bragging Rights PPV..
- December 13, 2010–The Slammy Awards: Theodore Long presented the “WWE Superstar of the Year” Slammy Award to John Cena!
- December 31, 2010–SmackDown!: General Manager Theodore Long threw a big New Year’s Eve party for everyone in the WWE…
- January 21, 2011–SmackDown!: Theodore Long was taken out backstage, so Vickie Guerrero stepped in as General Manager..
- ~~~It was implied that it was The Corre who assaulted Theodore Long, because Long had stood up to that group earlier in the show..
- February 18, 2011–SmackDown!: Vickie Guerrero said she had proof Edge took out Theodore Long last month and fired him on the spot!
- ~~~LATER: Theodore Long returned and immediately re-hired Edge, then booked a rematch where if Ziggler lost, he would be FIRED!
- ~~~Edge defeated Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie Guerrero to win the World Heavyweight title and then Ziggler was fired from SmackDown!.
- February 20, 2011–Elimination Chamber: Vickie Guerrero begged the fans to help convince G.M. Theodore Long to re-hire Dolph Ziggler..
- ~~Long came out and instead re-hired Kelly Kelly, who hit the ring and chased Vickie around trying to get some much deserved revenge!
- ~~~LayCool (Layla El & Michelle McCool) showed up and attacked Kelly Kelly until “Diva of the Decade” Trish Stratus made the save!
- February 25, 2011–SmackDown!: Theodore Long booked Vickie Guerrero in a tag team match where if she lost she would be FIRED!
- ~~~~World Heavyweight champion Edge & Kelly Kelly defeated Drew McIntyre & Vickie Guerrero – [Teddy Long happily fired Vickie!]
- March 4, 2011–SmackDown!: Theodore Long thanked Drew McIntyre for his part in getting Vickie fired and booked HIM in a match!
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~World Heavyweight champion Edge defeated Drew McIntyre by submission in a Non-title match..
- ~~~Theodore Long hosted a contract signing between World Heavyweight champion Edge and Alberto Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez.
- April 1, 2012 – Wrestlemania 28: Team Johnny (Mark Henry, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, The Miz, and Jack Swagger) defeated Team Teddy (Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston, R-Tuth, Zack Ryder, Great Khali, and Booker T) to give John Laurinaitis full control of WWE television.