[New Blood] [Sports Entertainment Xtreme]
[The Man, The Myth, The Legend]
[Is Vince Russo GOOD for Wrestling???]
In The Beginning:
- Vince Russo owned two video stores, but decided to close up once Blockbuster came around..
- Vince Russo had his own wrestling radio show..
World Wrestling Federation:
- Vince Russo got a job as a freelance writer for WWF Magazine..
- Vince Russo eventually became the Editor of WWF Magazine..
- Vince Russo from there started writing promos for wrestlers at house shows and later took part in writing the TV..
- Vince Russo had a large part in the booking during the World Wrestling Federation’s “Attitude Era”..
World Championship Wrestling:
- October 1999: Vince Russo signed with World Championship Wrestling as head of the creative department..
- January 2000: Vince Russo was replaced by Kevin Sullivan as head booker because WCW Vice President Bill Busch lost faith in Russo’s booking..
- March 2000: Vince Russo was again given creative booking control along with the returning Eric Bischoff..
- April 10, 2000 – WCW Nitro: Vince Russo brought a group of young wrestlers to the ring, and dubbed them the New Blood..
- ~~~that night Russo also declared all WCW titles vacant, and that new champions would be determined in time..
- June 12, 2000: Vince Russo aided David Flair’s cause in “retiring” Ric Flair..
- ~~~As a part of the storyline, Ric Flair‘s head was shaved by Vince Russo & David Flair..
- Bash at the Beach 2000: Hulk Hogan got his shot at Jeff Jarrett’s World Title..
- ~~~Jarrett went out for the match and laid on his back, allowing Hogan to pin him for the title..
- ~~~After the match, Vince Russo cut an unscripted promo on Hogan, giving the title back to Jarrett..
- ~~~Hulk Hogan walked out of the building and never came back..
- September 25, 2000: Vince Russo became WCW World Heavyweight champion, but vacated the title the following week..
In The Meantime:
- Vince Russo worked behind the scenes with Andrew McManus’ World Wrestling All-Stars promotion..
- June 2002: Vince McMahon rehires Vince Russo perhaps in a desperate attempt to increase the quality of the WWE writing..
- ~~~Vince Russo planted the seeds of the idea that led to Vince McMahon bringing in Eric Bischoff in July..
- ~~~Less than a month later, Vince Russo was sent packing due incompatibility..
NWA: Total Nonstop Action:
- July 9, 2002: NWA-TNA promotion announced that Vince Russo would be joining them as a consultant on the writing team..
- October 16, 2002 – NWA^TNA: Mr. Wrestling III came in during the Ron Killings vs Curt Hennig NWA World Title match..
- ~~~Mr. Wrestling III hit Curt Hennig a few times then turned his attention to Ron “The Truth” Killings.. ..
- October 23, 2002 – NWA^TNA: Mr. Wrestling III interfered during the Ron Killings vs Curt Hennig NWA World Title match..
- October 30, 2002 – NWA^TNA: Mr. Wrestling III interfered during the Ron Killings vs Scott Hall NWA World Title match
- November 13, 2002 – NWA^TNA: Rumors circulated that Vince Russo was gone from NWA-TNA..
- November 20, 2002 – NWA^TNA: Jeff Jarrett defeated Ron Killings to win the NWA World title to ‘realize his lifelong dream’..
- ~~~Jeff Jarrett won with help from Mr Wrestling III, who then unmasked himself as…… Vince Russo!!
- November 27, 2002 – NWA^TNA: Jeff Jarrett concludes the show with a cliff hanger on whether or not he will side with Vince Russo?!?!
- December 4, 2002 – NWA^TNA: Russo forms a faction called S.E.X. (Sports Entertainment Xtreme) with the Harris Twins & BG James..
- January 15, 2003 – NWA:TNA: Russo’s influence is still apparent as he ran absolutly wild during the first portion of the show..
- March 5, 2003 – NWA^TNA: Russo gives his co-called “retirement” speech and says he is going to concentrate on being a good father..
- May 28, 2003 – NWA^TNA: Glen Gilbertti defeats Raven with help from the returning Vince Russo!!
- June 11, 2003 – NWA^TNA: Vince Russo appears again and helps AJ Styles defeat Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World title!
- June 18, 2003 – NWA:TNA ANNIVERSARY: Vince Russo cuts his usual promo and told everybody how great AJ Styles is..
- July 9, 2003 – NWA^TNA: Jeff Jarrett is sent to the hospital with internal injuries (storyline) after a beatdown by Legend & Russo..
- July 16, 2003 – NWA^TNA: Vince Russo is forced to go 5-minutes with DLo Brown, but DLo ends up getting beat down by Russo’s men..
- August 6, 2003 – NWA^TNA: AJ Styles defeated DLo Brown in a “Steel Cage” match, after Vince Russo shook the cage and DLo fell!
- ~~~Vince Russo was handcuffed to Erik Watts, but had thrown powder into the eyes of Watts..
- September 17, 2003 – NWA^TNA: Roddy Piper made his return to TNA and immediately got into it with Vince Russo..
- October 1, 2003 – NWA^TNA: Jeff Jarrett & Dusty Rhodes defeated AJ Styles & Vince Russo..
- October 15, 2003 – NWA^TNA: Vince Russo attacked Jeff Jarrett but Jarrett viciously assulted Vince Russo with a chain and steel chair..
- February 18, 2004 – NWA^TNA: As Jeff Jarrett celebrates, Mike Tenay announces the new Director of Authority — Vince Russo!!!!!
- February 25 2004 – NWA^TNA: Vince Russo explains that he was the anti-Christ of wrestling, but he has since been forgiven..
- March 3, 2004 – NWA^TNA: Vince Russo reveals that he is grooming “Wildcat” Chris Harris to challenge for the NWA World title!
- May 2004: Bill Banks (of NWATNA.com) reports that Vince Russo is currently studying to become a pastor..
- June 16, 2004 – NWA^TNA: Jeff Jarrett smashed a Guitar over the head of Director of Authority Vince Russo!
- August 25, 2004 – TNA PPV: Vince Russo suspended Dusty Rhodes from TNA and banned him from the Asylum..
- October 3, 2004: Vince Russo has given notice to TNA that he’s leaving as soon as they can write him out of the storylines..
- September 8, 2004 – TNA PPV: Dusty Rhodes defeated Scott D’Amore with Vince Russo as the special guest referee..
- October 29, 2004 – TNA Impact: Dusty Rhodes starts his campaign to replace Vince Russo as the Director of Authority..
- October 30, 2004–Cyberspace Wrestling: Vince Russo has been working a TNA Invasion angle with Julio Dinero & Crowbar..
- November 7, 2004 – TNA Victory Road: Vince Russo is voted out by fans as Directory of Authority and replaced by Dusty Rhodes..
In The Meantime:
- February 20, 2005–Vince Russo’s GLORY Wrestling: Vince Russo taped a PPV cross-over show between wrestling and religion..
- December 16, 2005–Vince Russo’s Ring of Glory: Vince Russo had his 2nd Ring of Glory event in Rome, Georgia..
- January 12, 2006: Vince Russo appeared on Trinity Broadcasting’s program “Praise The Lord”, which was co-hosted by Sting.
- ~~~Vince Russo, with fellow guest Shawn Michaels, talked about his life, his newfound faith in God, and Ring of Glory..
NWA: Total Nonstop Action:
- September 20, 2006: Vince Russo resigned with TNA to be apart of the creative team with Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantell..
- September 20, 2009: Ed Ferrara returned to TNA to partner up with Vince Russo in the creative department..
- February 2012: Vince Russo was finally removed as head of creative in TNA after years of overwhealming disappointment..
- ~~~From Dixie Carter: “TNA and Vince Russo have mutually parted ways as of this week. The separation is amicable and professional.”
- September 27, 2015–IPW:UK: Team Edler (Cieran Donnelly, Daniel Edler, Danny Duggan , Grado & Scott Star) defeated Team Russo (James Davis, Jimmy Havoc, Mr. Puppet, Rob Lynch & Vince Russo) in a tag team elimination match.
Valerie Coulson wrote if Vince Russo was a creative genius. anyone who says his ideas were shit obviously had enough time to watch his creative genius at work. i am not saying that he was single handedly responsible for alot of the big names, but if you say he had nothing to do with them you dont know what you are talking about. as far as the hogan angle goes, in his day he was the best thing in wrestling, but that was in his day. the wwe do need new story lines and to achieve that they need new talent. E.G triple h is past his time so he needs to move out of the spot light as ric flair has done. Russo may have lost his talent now but when you say he destroyed companies just remember who thought of having the undertaker coming through the ring and who created the foundations for steve austins charachter. SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT IS KILLING WRESTLING. whoever you side with thats the truth from the united kingdom.