Wojo the BC Hulk
- Adam Yawrenko played basketball for a community college in Washington State and also played for the U of BC Thunderbirds.
- Adam Yawrenko was introduced into wrestling by Vancouver fight commissioner Davey Brown..
- Adam Yawrenko was trained by All Star Wrestling promoter Al Tomko based out of Vancouver..
- Adam Yawrenko was groomed and mentored by Moose Morowski and Paddy Ryan..
- January 9, 1984: Adam Yawrenko defeated Precious Peter Flowers in his pro debut and also won a Battle Royal..
- Adam Yawrenko was given the name “Wojo” as an attempt to capitalize on his Ukranian background..
- ~~~~The “B.C. Hulk” part was an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of Hulk Hogan at the time..
- ~~~~The name “Goliath” was the name he used as a heel while wrestling in South Africa..
- Adam Yawrenko (as Goliath) was so convincing as a heel that he incited some riots in South Africa..
- Adam Yawrenko kept a live bullet that was thrown into the ring as a souvenir from one of the wild shows in South Africa..
- Adam Yawrenko’s career ended during a match in Vienna when he got a deep vein thrombosis and almost died in the ring..
- ~~~Yawrenko had a blood clot come out of his leg, through his lungs, and into his heart..
- Adam Yawrenko spent 28 days in a Vienna hospital and then was in therapy and took blood thinners for eight months..
- ~~~This medical problem ended what could have been a very good career as he had made some contact with the WWF before this..
- Though his career ended in Austria it is where he met his wife, Barb, who visited him every day while he was in the hospital..