- Woody Strode was part black and part Native American, and embraced both roots stronly..
- Woody Strode played College Football player for the UCLA Bruins before becoming a professional wrestler..
- Woody Strode played pro-football for the NFL’s Los Angeles Rams (1946) and the Calgary Stampeders of the CFL..
- Woody Strode gained fame wrestling in California..
- Woody Strode went on to appear in 75 films often as African Warriors or Native American tribesman..
- Woody Strode appeared in The Outlaw Josey Wales, Spartacus, The Ten Commandments, Sergeant Rutledge and others..
- 1971: Woody Strode played the lead role in a film called Black Jesus as well..
- 1992: Woody Strode was inducted into UCLA Athletic Hall of Fame..
- December 31, 1994: Woody Strode passed away at the age of 80 as a result of lung cancer..
Los Angeles, California