ECWA Anniversary Show Recap/Results for September 19, 2015:
- Brittany Blake and Deonna Purrazzo ended in a TIME LIMIT DRAW- Both women went back and forth with impressive chain and high flying offense. However, neither could gain the upper hand as a time limit draw was reached. Could this a potential match-up in the Women’s Super 8 just next month?
- New PCA member Damian Adams defeated Azrieal- This was originally scheduled to be Ricky Martinez’s match but AJ Pan and Martinez both claimed he was too injured to compete. Azrieal was closing in on the victory when Martinez bashed him with his crutch when the referee was distracted. Damian Adams used this to hit a cradle DDT for the victory. Afterwards, Ricky Martinez, apparently not injured, and Adams proceeded to beat down Azrieal for several minutes.
- Chris Wylde and Zac Connor fought to a NO CONTEST- Wylde and Connor’s bad blood was apparent from the get go when neither man would follow the referee’s instructions. Wylde entered through the crowd and the brawl ensued. Both men delivered deciding blows and not even the arena could hold them. The match ended in a non-contest and they battled all over the building.
- Bobby Shields defeated Sean Carr and Solo to become the NEW ECWA Mid Atlantic Champion – Now ex-champion Napalm Bomb came to the ring with the intentions to vacate the championship after he announced he had a torn meniscus. However, Joel Blackhart quickly announced he had a replacement to defend the title for him… his friend and teammate in Black Wallstreet and the LOD… SOLO! But ECWA matchmaker Joe Zanolle had already decided that Carr would face Shields for the championship. And so, a three way dance ensued. The ending coming when Napalm Bomb thwarted an attempt by Blackhart to interfere on Solo’s behalf and Shields would get the pin. Afterwards, Napalm would FIRE Joel Blackhart!
* The Boss’s Chair segment was next with of course Mike Tartaglia on the mic. He would invite ‘His Holiness’ The Pope down to the ring claiming they were fast friends. After a few minutes of basically making a fool out of himself, Mr. Ooh La La would come out and give the Stone Cold Stunner to the Pope, effectively ending the mockery. Enter the Extreme Rednecks who would brutally assault Ooh La La, seemingly cashing in on the hit put on Ooh La La’s head by The Don.
*Just as the tag team title match was about to begin, Zac Connor and Chris Wylde came out of the restroom hallway area STILL taking the fight to each other. Connor would deliver a devastating power bomb to Wylde prompting security to remove him from the building. ECWA matchmaker Joe Zanolle has suspended both men for 30 days for their actions.
- Extreme Rednecks (Chuck & Kyle Payne) defeat Kid USA to retain the ECWA Tag Team Championships- This was essentially a beat down of the young rookie Kid USA by the Rednecks. His partner Mr. Ooh La La having already been taken out earlier in the evening. A brief rally was easily thwarted by the tag team champions as they easily defeated Kid USA. Mr. Ooh La La would try to stumble to the ring near the end of the contest but it was too late.
- Matt Saigon defeated CW Anderson to retain the ECWA Heavyweight Championship- In a brilliant display of wrestling by both men this was a championship match to remember. Saigon would showcase his resilience numerous times as Anderson proved to far more than a formidable opponent. Anderson had numerous near falls with his old school style beat down and amazing power… including a devastating super kick. However, in the end Matt Saigon would give one last gasp and deliver the deciding blow with his trademark ace crusher for the victory. Afterwards, Anderson would give his seal of approval to Saigon in front of the live crowd saying the champion had earned his respect.
- Breaker Morant defeated Cory Kastle in a NON SANCTIONED BARBWIRE BASEBALL BAT MATCH- When the fans are warned of the impending violence, you know this match was non-sanctioned for a reason. With numerous barbwire baseball bats and even a spool of it used in the match it was certainly a bloody, dangerous affair. Both men sustained severe injuries in their desperate attempt to defeat the other… Morant would eventually emerge victorious when he made Kastle pass out from a cross face from the barbwire baseball bat. Afterwards, both men needed attention with Kastle going to the ER to get stitches.
NEXT EVENT: Second Annual ECWA Women’s Super 8 ChickFight Tournament – Saturday October, 17, 2015 Woodbury Heights, NJ