topcenter

WRESTLING COLUMNS

Teddy Annis, Son of a Hart
November 12, 2003 by Mark Rose


For those of you who are not familiar with who Teddy Hart is he is the son of Georgia Hart (his real last name is Annis) and he is of course the grandson of the late, great Stu Hart and is also the nephew of wrestling legend Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Teddy was trained by his uncle Bruce Hart and debuted in 1998 in the ring working for Stampede wrestling. Teddy has recently shown tremendous potential working some great matches in the independent scene in the US. He has also shown in that time that he has a MAJOR attitude problem, is almost delusional when it comes to how popular he is and has also shown he is a pathological liar. Now before you think I'm passing judgement let's take a look at some of the great and not so great moments for Teddy Hart. The first thing I need to make mention of is the fact he was kicked out of Dory Funk Jr's dojo in 1998 due to issues with his attitude. I'm not going to elaborate on that right now but I'm going to discuss his recent problems with NWA TNA and of course the recent situation with Ring of Honor.

On September 3, 2003; Teddy was brought in by NWA TNA to work in their Super X tournament. He defeated Jonny Storm in his first round match and then went on to face Juventud Guerrera in the 2nd round. Hart showed he had tremendous potential by wrestling two great matches and then he felt the need to make an idiot of himself.

After being beaten by Juvi instead of selling the finish he decided it was a great idea to do a kip up and then a backflip off the top rope. The incident was edited off the taped TNA PPV and he later explained his actions to TNA officials that he was "saluting the crowd in case he never came back". NWA TNA has not officially commentated on this incident but needless to say Teddy Hart has not since worked for NWA TNA. So after being beaten by a Lucha, and former WCW superstar, this moron doesn't have the courtesy to sell the damn finish instead he feels the need to showboat for the fans. This was total disrespect shown towards Juventud who has worked for twice as long, has had 10 times the exposure and respect, and has worked more great matches than years Teddy Hart has been on this planet. Unnecessary and stupid.

On November 1st, 2003; Teddy Hart made his second appearance for Ring of Honor in a scramble cage match featuring Teddy and his partner Jack Evans, The Backseat Boyz (Johnny Kashmere and Trent Acid), The SAT's (Jose and Joel Maximo), The Carnage Crew (Tony Devito and HC Loc), and Special K's Hydro and Angeldust. At the end of the match The Backseat Boyz had won and were celebrating their victory when Teddy Hart decided to stop selling and began doing repeated dives off of the top of the cage. The moonsaults and shooting star presses he began doing on the other workers were unplanned and therefore very dangerous to the workers below him who had no chance to prepare for the move to protect themselves and also to protect Teddy himself who of course would need to be caught properly. The Carnage Crew grabbed Teddy and attempted to beat him down for real to stop him but he continued. Teddy's actions and his attitude when he got back to the ROH locker room angered ROH management and also his fellow workers to the point where they wanted to go after him in the locker room but they were stopped by ROH officials. Teddy was then thrown out of the building bags and all. His actions not only showed a disrespect for the business by no showing the finish of the match but also a complete disregard for his safety as well as the safety of his fellow workers. Teddy showed no wrestling etiquette whatsoever by acting like a complete idiot doing dives to grandstand and to pop the crowd for his own benefit. Teddy would later issue a public letter of apology here it is:

AN OPEN LETTER FROM TEDDY HART

To All Ring of Honor Staff, Talent, and Fans:

I am writing this letter in response to the situation That took place at Saturday nights Ring of Honor Show and my actions during the Tag Team Scramble. I do want you all to know that I suffered a concussion during the course of the match when I was thrown into the guardrail headfirst. I just left New Jersey this morning after awaiting Medical Clearance to fly back to Calgary. I do not have much, if any, recollection of the events that transpired in or out of the ring after getting whipped into the guardrail.

That said, I want to make it clear that as a man, I take 100% responsibility for my actions Saturday night and feel horrible that my post match conduct has taken away from what was a tremendous event. I am human and have made, and I'm sure will continue to make, mistakes in my life. I want to officially apologize to all Ring of Honor Staff, Talent, and Fans.

If that was my last match ever in Ring of Honor, I want to Thank Rob, Gabe, Doug, and all of the tremendous talent in the locker room for giving me the opportunity to perform in front of your great fans. I hope that time will heal the wounds and I will have the chance to return to Ring of Honor and personally apologize to anyone who I offended.

Either way, I will continue to do what I love, which is wrestle and I'm sure will make more mistakes in my journey through life. I cannot turn back the clock and change what happened. The best I can do is to turn this into a learning experience to better myself and my career.

God Bless, Ted Hart


Okay, so there it is. Teddy Hart claims to have had some sort of temporary amnesia due to a bump on the guardrail. I'm no doctor but I have never heard of this type of thing happening with any other high risk wrestler in the business. And I've seen plenty that took more risks and were a hell of a lot better than little Mr. Annis. Actually come to think of it I've never heard of a concussion in any sport where the result was amnesia and grandstanding. Believe it or not, the story gets even more interesting. Teddy recently appeared for an interview with Get in the Ring TV. A full transcript of the interview is not available as of yet but here are some of the highlights with some comments from me:

THE INTERVIEW:
He thinks the ROH match that he was involved in was one of best matches ever in wrestling. He says that the match was great and the cheers from the fans had his adrenaline rushing. He had a little left in the tank after the match so he did not think that the fans got all of their money's worth from Ted which is why he did the extra moves. He had a concussion after the match, but he is not using that as an excuse.

MY RESPONSE:
One of the best matches in the history of wrestling? Teddy sure likes himself doesn't he. Teddy's concussion by bumping the guardrail must have given him mind reading capabilities. How do you know what the fans wanted Teddy? Who died and made you the expert you f**king clown? Extra moves at your fellow workers expense but you didn't feel the crowd had enough of you. Is Teddy really Bret's nephew or is he Triple H's nephew? I take that back because although Triple H plays backstage politics he is a professional and would never endanger his fellow workers. And not using the concussion as an excuse... I BEG YOUR PARDON! What the hell did you say in your open letter to ROH? He blamed the whole thing on the concussion.

Make up your mind Teddy. Lying won't get you anywhere. BUSTED. Also as far as the concussion thing goes CM Punk stated online that Teddy's dad called with the concussion excuse saying Teddy couldn't fly out while Teddy himself was on the other line saying he was stuck in traffic. What's next Teddy? Did the dog eat your homework?

THE INTERVIEW:
He did a 30 foot moonsault off the cage to the floor. He also did a shooting star press onto 3 guys and did a backflip off the ropes as a tribute to his uncle, the late Owen Hart. He states that anyone who has seen him in Calgary knows that he does the backflip tribute at the beginning and end of every one of his matches, win, lose or draw.The hosts say that they respect that he wanted to do a tribute, but ask how he can justify doing that in light of what was asked from him in the match.

Ted says that he is being paid as a performer and believes he did what the promoters wanted to a point, but that ultimately the fans control a match. This was the first time that the people really got into him and he was overtaken and captured by the excitement so he went with it. He got a standing ovation from the crowd, but got a less than warm reception from some of the boys in the back.

MY RESPONSE:
A 30 foot moonsault? When have you ever seen a legit 30 foot high steel cage in wrestling? I'll leave him alone on this one since cage's are normally sold as being a lot higher than they really are. And calling this idiotic display a tribute to his late uncle Owen Hart is an INSULT. Teddy is just dropping Owen's name as a ploy to get sympathy for his stupidity. Owen Hart would never have dared to no sell a finish and also would never put anyone in danger intentionally or to get himself over. You want to really honor your uncle Teddy? Quit wrestling if you're going to keep acting like an asshole or grow the hell up and stop grandstanding like a 15 year old backyarder.

THE INTERVIEW:
Teddy feels that a couple of guys in the ROH are captains of locker room and on the night of the big cage match united with a bunch of other guys against him. The other 15 guys didn't want to see anything happen after the match. He says he walked in the back and took responsibility for every move he performed and apologized for doing anything offensive. He did not realize doing 3 extra moves in a match without psychology would ruin his rep. He believes people are jealous of the moves he can do.


MY COMMENTS:
The point is not that you did 3 extra moves in the match it's the fact that disrespected the Backseat Boyz by not selling the finish and you put all them in danger with your stupid flips. Jealous of the moves he can do? That's one of the most hilarious things I have ever read in my life. Teddy is a talented worker but these days guys who can do moonsaults and shooting star presses from high places are found EVERYWHERE. There is probably at least a couple hundred workers in the United States alone that could any move that this little idiot can. Keep dreaming Teddy.

There is more to this interview I just wanted to comment on my personal favorite parts of it. If you want to read the whole thing check it out on pwbts.com: http://www.pwbts.com/messages/1128.htm..

An even better read is the response by CM Punk (ROH superstar and Head Trainer at the ROH wrestling academy) that he posted on his live journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmpunk/..

"My turn"

Well folks, even sometimes I break rules. Today, I break rule number 411. I will talk about somebody, more importantly a subject, and will inturn, give said person undeserved press. COMPLETELY undeserved press, but I gotta be me...I gotta get this off my chest.... The following is from an interview that Teddy Annis recently conducted on an internerd radio show. I will post his half retarded comments in italics, then I will post the truth.

He thinks the ROH match that he was involved in was one of best matches ever in wrestling. He says that the match was great and the cheers from the fans had his adrenaline rushing. He had a little left in the tank after the match so he did not think that the fans got all of their money's worth from Ted which is why he did the extra moves. He had a concussion after the match, but he is not using that as an excuse.

Not using the "concussion" as an excuse. Let's examine that statement, shall we Mr. Annis? Who called the ROH office 17 times the day after saying that you had no recollection of the match? You didn't even remember doing your post match antics the day after the show, NOW suddenly, "the crowd didn't get their monies worth". You're a liar, also, a bad one. Want proof folks? Teddys daddy called and said he had a concussion and couldn't fly out, while Teddy himself was on the other line saying he missed his flight because he was stuck in traffic. D'oh! Other highlights of the 17 phone calls is Teddys dad calling trying to get his job in ROH back, saying he could be the "new Brian Pillman". Brian Pillman as the loose cannon worked because it was believable that he could hurt somebody. You, my sad little friend, just annoy the shit out of people.

He did a 30 foot moonsault off the cage to the floor. He also did a shooting star press onto 3 guys and did a backflip off the ropes as a tribute to his uncle, the late Owen Hart. He states that anyone who has seen him in Calgary knows that he does the backflip tribute at the beginning and end of every one of his matches, win, lose or draw. The hosts say that they respect that he wanted to do a tribute, but ask how he can justify doing that in light of what was asked from him in the match.

This is where I could absolutely kill you. Owen Hart, fucking rest his soul, NEVER no sold a fucking thing in his life. You had just been in a CAGE MATCH. Summer Slam '94, Bret vs. Owen. Awesome cage match. NO MOONSAULT. A good tribute for you to do for Owen would be to sell your boots on Ebay, you knuckle head. Better yet, just swallow some jacks. This business is dangerous enough. We, the boys, risk out lives enough. We don't need a kid like you putting any of us in harms way more than we already are. All your post match bullshit was to get yourself over and ANY cost. You put "the three guys" you did a shooting star onto in SO much danger because they had no clue it was coming. You put yourself first, and others in danger, THIS, is why i'm even responding to all of this.

He believes people are jealous of the moves he can do.

You're seriously retarded.

When asked who these people are, he responds that Steve Corino did a shoot interview insulting him and calling him a goof. Teddy said when he saw Steve he shook his hand and said he would let it go. Corino responded why and that "you are a goof". He also cites how AJ Styles gave him a list of moves not do to do. Teddy feels this is unfair as AJ didn't invent the moves in question. He doesn't feel that he should be handcuffed and that he must give the fans everything he has. He does not believe the business has to work in such a manner and cites guys doing jobs to Goldberg and HHH as proof.

Hm...where to begin. AJ Styles may not have invented the moves in question, but he's been in TNA doing them for over a year. Any worker with a brain (i.e. NOT you) wouldn't walk into a WWE ring a start handing out pedigrees, so why would you use the spiral tap on an NWA PPV? I approached you after your match with Juvi and explained to you that AJ used the spiral tap, and you might want to talk to him about it in the future, and you just gave me your blank retard stare and said, "I invented that". Did you invent being stupid too? Seriously, just asking. These guys that've done jobs for goldberg, did they use the Jackhammer? Teddy, really, please. Give the the names of the wrestlers that used the legdrop as a finish in the WWE from 1983 to the present.....douche.

He says that the locker room can't just band together and refuse to do a job. The promoter should step in and say that Ted Hart puts asses in seats.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'd pay good money to bet that neither do you.

Teddy sed to work at KFC and says that you can't tell your boss there you're only giving 50%. He says that if a fan spends $50 on a ticket to see Ted Hart they are going to get their money's worth. There is no option for him to only give 50%. He says if he was working under contract to Vince it would be different, but on the indy scene he can't understand holding back. He says that Rob Feinstein left the door open for him to do this as he told him that if the fans cheered his name then go with it. He believes a lot of the guys who were angry at him are just jealous and everyone knows his only plan is to go to WWE.

Teddy, I was there. The fans were not chanting "PLEASE CLIMB TO THE TOP OF THE CAGE AND DO THREE UNPLANNED SPOTS PUTTING EVERYBODY WHO HAS TO BREAK KAYFABE AND RUN TO CATCH YOU IN HARMS WAY". It's a catchy chant, but it didn't happen. Also, your plan...you ONLY plan is to go to the WWE, perhaps you forgot that you were already there. And you got fired. Idiot.

People who try and blackball him only add more fuel to his fire. He is there to please the fans and not the boys even though the boys have his life in their hands. If they drop him on his head then so be it. He won't stop because 5-6 guys who shouldn't be lacing up boots don't like him. He can't believe he isn't allowed to compete on an equal level because some guys do the same moves as him.

I don't believe for one second you have a fire. You don't love this business Listen to the things you say. Look at the things you do. You give no fuck about the boys, our well being. You only care about yourself. I can only hope that i'm one of the six guys that "shouldn't lace up boots", because then I did my job as one of the ROH locker room leaders. I can't say it enough, no excuse in the world can help you: You put some of the boys in a really horrible potentially dangerous position, and then you cry about being "blackballed". You whine about "not being able to compete on an equal level", and truthfully, that's nobodies fault but your own. Learn some etiquette.

If God wants him to make it in the WWE, then he will. He says there is a reason God lets him do 30 foot moonsaults.

There is no god, and the cage wasn't 30 feet.

Teddy is 23 years old and partially attributes people's jealousy to his age and that they don't have the same creativity and athleticism and feel challenged because they're not willing to follow the standards he sets. He says that we would still have communist countries if people weren't willing to take a chance. Sir A stops him as he states that the hosts don't read the newspapers and drink a lot. Teddy doesn't drink or smoke and compares himself to a preacher.

American Dragon is 22, and one humble motherfucker for how good he is. Nobody is jealous of you, the standard you set is a creepy little no selling troll that wears sunglasses in doors, and changes outfits four times before a show, mainly due to your insecurity as a person. Oh...Teddy? We still do have communist countries, dunce. Oh, and I won't mention the fact that you were asking people where you could score some pot while you were at TNA because you don't smoke.

Teddy is the only one of the Harts who was never stretched by Stu.

...Which is readily recognized from your lack of discipline. Learn how to sell.

So there's your extra press for the day Mr. Annis. No worries though, if it gets you anywhere, i'd bet my life and 100 dollars that you'd find a way to ruin it for yourself with your out of control ego as well as your piss poor attitude. There is no conspiracy, nobody is trying to blackball you. We're just looking out for our friends safety as well as ours. We're just looking out for the product we all believe in, because it's US that want to give the fans a good show. We're just policing our locker room from a cancer that has no business in a business that he acts like he knows all about, but knows so little. We're just protecting our business.

XxX

Also responding to allegations made by Teddy Hart in his interview is by former ECW World Champion and current Zero-One and MLW superstar "The King of Old School" Steve Corino: http://www.stevecorino.com..

First I have to say I am very shocked and very honored that Teddy "Hart" would single me and AJ Styles out in his "poor me" interview on a radio show. I apologize but I didn't see what radio show it was.

In Teddy's horrible attempt for sympathy, he mentioned that I called him a "goof" and that I threatened not to come to ROH if he was getting paid. I don't think I ever called him a goof, I think it was more like asshole that I called him. For all of his in-ring talent, Teddy may be one of the bigger assholes that I have come across in my almost 10 years in this great sport.

But I don't hate Teddy. He isn't even on my list. I look at him as more of a pathetic person than someone that I can write down on my list as someone I hope will go away. Teddy will not realize that its not just talent that makes a great pro wrestler. If it was just in-ring talent, I would have hit the wall years ago. Teddy is not well liked in the locker room because of his horrible attitude, not because everyone is jealous of him. He does great backflips but so do the 17 kids in Special K. He has a nice tan but so does Samoa Joe. To say anyone is jealous of him is laughable.

And his comment about AJ Styles telling him that there are moves that he can't do is simple pro wrestling courtesy. AJ is a star and a former World heavyweight champion, why should a mid-level wrestler be allowed to do his signature moves? AJ is probably one of the most professional people in all of pro wrestling so if he said it to Teddy I am sure he said it with respect. I wouldn't want Teddy or anyone in the locker room doing the Northern Lights Bomb because it is my finish and would look weak when I use it later in the night. That is Pro Wrestling 101 and you think being a "Hart" he would know better. He doesn't. That is why he shouldn't be allowed to use the "Hart" name and he should use the "Anus" name. Its much closer to his real name!

And to think that I would strike because he is getting paid on a ROH show is probably the most laughable thing. People can think what they want but Gabe and I do not like each other at all. We deal with each other because it is good for ROH's business and the money is good. If it wasn't good for business and the money wasn't what I wanted Gabe and I probably wouldn't see each other ever again. Hell, I don't like the Backseat Boys, but I think they are great talents and are good for the ROH tag team scene. If I had this much pull why wouldn't I get Gabe to take them off? I am not the locker room leader in ROH. In fact I make it a habit of dressing as far away from everyone as possible. Samoa Joe as ROH World champion, Homicide, and Christopher Daniels are and should be the leaders of that locker room. How they handled that situation in Elizabeth, which in fact I made sure Samoa Joe didn't rip off Teddy's head before our match, was up to them. I had nothing to do with it nor wanted anything to do with it. You see, Christopher Daniels and I saw Teddy Hart screw up at Dory Funk's WWF Dojo in '98 and we were surprised it took Teddy two shows to screw up. We figured he would piss off everyone the first night in Philadelphia!

You can't say that Teddy is young and stupid and will make mistakes because I have seen kids in Japan four years younger and even young guys like CM Punk and Low Ki have more professionalism in their small finger then this kid's whole body.

Its a shame because with all that talent in the ring Teddy has he could probably make millions of dollars. But with that horrible attitude and "poor me" comments on radio shows, he will show that he isn't a real pro, just a glory hound.

Here is hoping to him changing for the better but I will not hold my breath for it."
-"King Of Old School" Steve Corino-

I'm going to wrap this up by stating again that yes Teddy Hart is a talented wrestler. However with his current ego and attitude towards the wrestling business he'll never get far anywhere. That goes especially for the WWE, who Teddy has dreams of someday working for. Teddy is well on his way to being blackballed by almost every North American wrestling company if he's not already. Sure, there will still be some promoters who will book him simply because he has the Hart family legacy working in his favor. But if he continues like this they'll learn quickly not to book him. Grow up and smarten up Teddy. You're an embarrassment to the legacy of your family. Stu, Bret, Owen, Bruce or any other member of the Hart wrestling family involved in the business would never act like this. You are a disgrace to the memory of Stu and Owen and with your actions your whole family should request you use your real last name Annis instead of Hart. Better yet I'll take the low road and use the easy joke and say he should use ANUS instead since that describes his character more appropriately. I've wasted enough space and time talking about this jerk.

Peace,
Mark Rose


Botmaster4lyfe wrote:
Dear OWW:

I was just reading the article about Teddy Hart, where both CM Punk's and Steve Corino's opinions are posted. And when I saw that I could get my opinion at the bottom of the page, I had to get this off my chest.

Teddy Hart is a pathetic excuse for a wrestler. And I don't mean in the ring. From what I have heard, he is actually quite good in the ring, and is a great high flier. But from everything that he has done (Backstage and putting wrestlers in danger), he is simply pathetic. He obviously doesn't respect a single god damn person but himself, and thinks that all the fans come to see him. Teddy, this is directly to you: YOU DO NOT PUT PEOPLE INTO SEATS! Guys like Hulk Hogan, The Rock, HHH, and Shawn Michaels get the fans in the seats because they worked their asses off to get that popular. You....you haven't done a god damn thing. Well, yes you have. You've been a world class Ass Clown, and I really doubt that anyone would pay to see that (unless it's in some kind of freak show)

Also, when he says he does the flip as a tribute to Owen Hart, I ask....What kind of tribute is that? A tribute would be hitting your heart before your matches. Or, after you lose, you actually SELL the damn match, and when you do recover, THEN you do the tribute. By No-Selling and doing the flip, you aren't doing a tribute. That's what we call being unprofessional. And I agree with Mark Rose that you're just throwing Owen's name there to try to get people to feel sympathetic. But the fact is that you come across as just plain PATHETIC.

And what's with using the Spiral Tap on TNA anyway? Are you a moron or what? If you did it at a small indy show, that would be fine. But you're on TNA PPV, and you're using the WORLD CHAMPION'S Signature move. Might as well start handing out Raven Effects, Strokes, and Ki Krushers while you're at it.

Mr. Annis (I refuse to call him Hart anymore, as it brings shame to the Hart family name), I noticed that you mentioned in an interview that you used to work at KFC. I think you should go back. And never wrestle again, you idiot.

MAN that felt good to get off my chest.
KMASTERDIXON wrote:
To quote a very popular TV Show, namly That 70's Show, and Red Foreman "DUMBASS!!!".
I have 2x questions for the OWW columists and readers:

1. Could someone enlighten me on the circumstances surrounding Annis' WWE firing?

2. Is there any official word from The Hitman on his nephew's antics?
Brad Dykens wrote:
This is just my opinion, but I think when it comes to family (and this applies only occassionally to the Hart family) when you don't have anything nice to say about a family member you just don't say anything at all. If Bret were to talk about his nephew Teddy he'd probably tear him a new asshole, and then get the wrath of the rest of the family. I would be more inclined to ask if Bret has spoken to Teddy privately about his behavior.
KMASTERDIXON wrote:
It would seem that way, with family and all. But, I half remember Bret's comments in the Calgary Sun when Davey Boy re-signed with WWE. Something about dogs rolling around in **** and loving it. I just wondered if there had been any oficial statement from the family, as opposed to a blast by Bret. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
ernie wrote:
I was reading the article that was written about Teddy Hart and to say that it is even remotely objective would be a huge lie. Apparently Mark Rose got done reading CM Punks live journal and decided to write something that is nothing but an attempt to smear Teddy Hart. The amount of personal insults in this is ridiculous. I'm sure what he was trying to accomplish was to hurt Teddy's credibility and instead only hurt his own by needlessly unloading every smear tactic there is. Maybe it's just me but, to actually go out of your way to write several pages of nothing but put downs and post it on the internet about someone YOU DON'T EVEN PERSONALLY KNOW is the sign of a true asshole who has realized that no one is within arms length of him when he is behind the monitor. Now don't get me wrong, Teddy Hart indeed does have an attitude problem. It's pretty hard to have that many people blindly hate you. But if anyone should be giving any sort of opinion about Teddy's personality, it should be the people who actually know him and not those who just hear a distorted version of something and decide to run their mouths off about it. CM Punk and Steve Corino have said the things they've said about Teddy Hart because they have met him and, obviously, didn't like the way he conducted himself. They didn't do what Mark Rose did which is read about one of their favorite wrestlers disliking someone and deciding they should dislike them too. NEWS FLASH: those are their opinions, not yours. Try formulating your own next time by meeting the person before you want to try to permanently ruin his reputation.
J.R wrote:
Before reading this column I didn't know anything about Teddy Hart other than the fact that he is an asshole, and that he was a member of the Hart family. I was curious though as to what specific events made him an asshole and someone directed me to this column. First off I just want to say that it was a great read. I believe his actions speak loud enough so that you don't need to know him personally to have a strong dislike for him, especially when you have two people who DO know him personally in the same column backing your claims up. This kid let the Hart name go to his head. He obviously believes he can do anything he wants without repercussions because of the simple fact that his uncles are Bret and Owen and that his grandpappy is Stu Hart. I find it amazing that this kid is in any way related to Stu. I mean even people not in the Hart family who simply were trained by Stu at the Dungeon like Benoit, Lance Storm, and Chris Jericho are some of the humblest people in the sport. Yes this prick who is actually in the family decides that just because he can use the name doesn't mean he has to uphold the legacy the family has maintained. Then he has the audacity to use Owen as an excuse to do idiocy? I'll quote Mr. Gregory Helms and say "Wat's Up Wit Dat!?". The kid is really disillusional, he obviously overestimates his star power. He already has most of the smarks against him, and with his moronic attitude I doubt even the marks will fall for him. And about him copying moves, how the hell can he honestly say he invented the Spiral Tap? I mean CM Punk's quote about people not just going and using the Pedigree in the WWE is perfect, especially when the person saying it has a variation of the Pedigree as a finisher. Hopefully this kid crosses the line and causes a wrestler to shoot on him in the ring, maybe after a little pain he will smarten up and think before he acts.
(Bret Hart's Calgary Sun Column for September 13, 2003) wrote:
In the days when I first started out I used to think that it would be impossible to ever fill my legendary father's shoes. And that being a second generation wrestler was often twice as hard. These days there are a handful of third generation wrestlers which is probably three times as hard. My twenty three year old nephew Ted Annis has never given up on his lifelong dream of making a name for himself in the wrestling business. I remember him at only eight years old wrestling in a ring outside my father's house with his younger brother Mathew and their boyhood pal T.J. Wilson until it was too dark to see. I was stunned to see all three of them, even then, doing standing back flips off the top turnbuckle and breathtaking moves that many of the top pros never dreamt of doing. The first of many tragedies befell the Hart family when Mathew Annis died from flesh eating disease when he was twelve. For young Ted to lose his brother and lifelong tag team partner was hard enough but over the years he was also faced with the loss of two wrestling uncles who he idolized - Owen and Davey Boy. But still Ted has never given up on his dream of someday making it to the big time. His father, B.J., a retired and much respected Calgary firefighter, broke all the city records when he joined and many of them still stand. At one point B.J. was somehow coerced into pulling on a pair of wrestling tights but pretty much gave up on it after he got into a heated brawl with the legendary Makah Singh at the Sweetwater U.S./ Canada border crossing - right in front of the immigration agents! B.J. didn't lose that match! I think it's safe to say it was a malfunction at the junction. The few third generation wrestlers that come to mind all walk in mighty big boots. The Rock was the first - and I've always been very proud of the job he's done, both in and out of the ring. It's my understanding that The Rock is still the class act he always was, just like his father, Rocky Johnson, and grandfather, Peter Maivia. Another third generation wrestler is Randy Orton, who I don't recall ever meeting but I'm sure I have. His father, Cowboy Bob Orton, and his grandfather, Bob Sr., must be equally as proud. In my opinion Cowboy Bob is easily one of the top ten greatest wrestlers of all time. A few weeks back I decided to give the upstart promotion NWA/TNA, based out of Memphis, a call to see if they might be interested in my nephew, Ted. They invited him down to compete in the Ring of Honor Tournament and much to their amazement he did the Hart name proud and stole the show! Placing second was no small achievement and phones in wrestling offices across North America haven't stopped ringing. It seems that Ted is finally on his way. There are some who might argue that second and third generation wrestlers have all the doors opened for them. It's just not true. When I first started in the WWF I had to overcome being thought of as just another promoter's son and I can only imagine the pressure Ted is under to walk in Owen's, Davey's, Stu's and my shoes! But if anybody can do it Teddy Hart can. To see Ted work is to appreciate him. He does some of the most innovative and spectacular high risk moves in a business where everyone is constantly pushing it to new, more dangerous, levels. Today Ted carries the Hart banner into the next era of wrestling and marching along right beside him is T.J. Wilson, my nephew Harry Smith (Davey Boy's son) and even my niece Natalie Neidhart (Anvil's daughter). Your Uncle Bret wants you to remember these words that played in my head while I was riding that highway in the sky...... Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup -- And never take you down or never give you up -- You never know until you try --
Paddy O'Brien (english Indy Wrestler) wrote:
I have just finished reading the artcile by Mark Rose (the one with Punk and Corino's opionion on him). Well I am going to give you another opionion. I have been in the locker room with Ted Annis (He is not worthy to be called HART) and he is an asshole he thinks that the whole lockerroom just wants to be as good as him. but I know for a fact everyone in that lockeroom had more talent, better drive for the business and COULD sell moves. Yes we know you can do Backflips but there is no need to cram it down our throats when you are being paid to put someone over. I will agree that Teddy has potential but not if he pisses all the boys off (including Managment) which he did do on the English Indy show I met him on.

If you have any comments, reactions, rebuttles or thoughts on this column, feel free to send them to the email below,
If your email is intelligently written, they will be posted underneath this messege..
We at OnlineWorldofWrestling want to promote all points of view, and that includes YOURS.




© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.

[ CHAT ROOM | FLASH | SEARCH | FORUMS | DOWNLOADS | TAPES | WRESTLINKS | GUESTBOOK | THANK YOU | CONTACT ]