The Mike Rotunda Hall of Fame Petition
February 28, 2004 by Mark Rose
I have started an online petition to be sent the WWE: www.PetitionOnline.com/Rotunda/petition.html
asking for the recently retired Mike Rotunda to be entered into the WWE Hall of Fame at
Wrestlemania XX. Rotunda is one of the greatest tag team wrestlers ever and
deserves this recognition in my opinion.
Rotunda has worked as Mike Rotundo (WWF), Irwin R. Schyster or I.R.S. (WWF),
Michael Wallstreet (WCW), V.K. Wallstreet (WCW), Mr. Wallstreet (NJPW), Mike
He was a part of 3 great tag teams:
the U.S. Express with Barry Windham (WWF), with Dr. Death Steve Williams in
the Varsity Club (WCW), and with "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase in
Money Inc. (WWF)
Here is a list of Mike Rotunda's accomplisments in the wrestling business
including titles held and some big cards and PPV events he has appeared on:
TITLE HISTORYNWA Mid-Atlantic Television Champion (12/25/82 - 2/22/83)
NWA Canadian Television Champion(2) (8/07/83 - 10/16/83)
NWA Southern Heavyweight Champion (9/24/83 - 11/23/83)
Florida Heavyweight Champion (12/16/83 - 1/22/84)
NWA Southern Heavyweight Champion(2) (5/84 - 5/30/84)
NWA (Florida) U.S. Tag-Team Champion w/ Mike Davis (1/11/84 - 2/6/84)
NWA (Florida) U.S. Tag-Team Champion(2) w/ Barry Windham (3/14/84 - 3/84)
NWA (Florida) U.S. Tag-Team Champion(3) w/ Barry Windham (4/84 - 4/25/84)
NWA (Florida) U.S. Tag-Team Champion(4) w/ Barry Windham (5/26/84 - 7/14/84)
WWF World Tag-Team Champion w/ Barry Windham (1/21/85 - 3/31/85)
WWF World Tag-Team Champion(2) w/ Barry Windham (6/17/85 - 8/24/85)
Florida Heavyweight Champion(2) (3/15/87 - 5/31/87)
Florida Heavyweight Champion(3) (6/7/87 - 12/8
NWA World Television Champion (1/26/88 - 12/26/8
NWA United States Tag-Team Champion w/ Steve Williams (12/26/88 - 2/28/89)
NWA World Television Champion(2) (2/20/89 - 3/31/89)
NWA World Tag-Team Champion w/ Steve Williams (4/2/89 - 5/7/89)
WWF World Tag-Team Champion(3) w/ Ted DiBiase (2/7/92 - 7/20/92)
WWF World Tag-Team Champion(4) w/ Ted DiBiase (10/13/92 - 6/14/93)
WWF World Tag-Team Champion(5) w/ Ted DiBiase (6/16/93 - 6/19/93)
PWI RECOGNITION1982 Rookie of the Year, 2nd Runner-Up
1983 Most Improved Wrestler, 1st Runner-Up
1992 Match of the Year, 2nd Runner-Up (Royal Rumble)
1993 Tag-Team of the Year, 2nd Runner-Up (Money Inc)
PWI 500 rankings #241(2002), #116(2001), #263(2000), #257(1999), #124(1998),
#210(1997), #177(1996), #88(1995), #26(1994), #52(1993), #54(1992),
PPVs & Big Shows
- NWA (Toronto) Exhibition Stadium #2 (July '83) = Rotunda was pinned by
Mid-Atlantic Champion Dory Funk, Jr.
- NWA (Toronto) Canadian Title Tournament (August '83) = Rotunda defeated
Magic Dragon, Jacques Goulet, and Don Kernodle to become the Canadian
- Florida Title Tournament (December '83) = Rotunda beat the One Man Gang
and Greg Valentine to win the tournament and the belt.
- Lords of The Ring (Florida) (June '84) = U.S. Express (Mike Rotunda and
Barry Windham) retained the United States Titles by winning, via DQ, over
the Road Warriors.
- WWF Wrestlemania I ('85) = U.S. Express lost the WWF Tag Titles to Nikolia
Volkoff and the Iron Sheik.
- WWF Saturday Night's Main Event #1 (May '85) The U.S. Express and Ricky
"The Dragon" Steamboat defeated the Iron Sheik, George Steele and Nikolia
- WWF "Ohio State Fair Show" (August '85) = The U.S. Express defeated the
- AWA Wrestlerock (April 20, '86) = The U.S. Express defeated the Fabulous
- AWA/NWA Rage In A Cage (April 28, '86) = Rotunda won over Doug Sommers.
- Eddie Graham Memorial Show (May '87) = Rotunda retained the NWA Florida
Championship by beating Kevin Sullivan.
- WWF King of the Ring Tournament (July 14, '86) = Rotundo was beaten by
Pedro Morales. Harley Race won the tournament.
- WCW Clash of the Champions I (March '8 = Rotunda defended the NWA
Television Title by defeating Jimmy Garvin in an "Amateur" Match.
- WCW Clash of the Champions II (June '8 = Rotunda and Rick Steiner lost to
Jimmy Garvin and "Rugged" Ronnie Garvin.
- WCW Great American Bash '88 = Mike Rotunda, with Kevin Sullivan, Ivan
Koloff, the Russian Assassin, and Al Perez lost to Hawk, Animal, Steve
Williams, Jim Garvin and Ronnie Garvin in a "Tower of Doom" Match.
- WCW Clash of the Champions III (September '8 = Rotunda retained the NWA TV
Title by fighting to a draw with Brad Armstrong.
- WCW Starrcade '88 = Mike Rotunda lost the NWA TV Title to Rick Steiner.
- WCW Clash of the Champions V (February '89) = UNSURE; Rotunda and Steve
Williams retained the NWA United States Tag Belts by beating the Fantastics.
- WCW Chi-Town Rumble (February 20, '89) = Rotunda won the NWA TV Title back
from Rick Steiner.
- WCW Clash of the Champions VI (April '89) = Rotunda and Williams won the
NWA World Tag-Team Belts from the Road Warriors.
- WCW WrestleWar '89 = Rotunda and Williams lost, via DQ, to the Road
Warriors. The two retained the NWA Tag Titles. Nikita Koloff was the special
- WCW Clash of the Champions VII (June '89) = Rotunda and Kevin Sullivan
defeated the Steiner Brothers.
- WCW Great American Bash '89 = Mike Rotunda was involved in the "Two-Ring
King of the Hill Battle Royal" which was eventually won by Dan Spivey and
Sid Vicious. Later in the night, Rotunda and Kevin Sullivan lost to the
Steiner Brothers in a Texas Tornado Match.
- WCW Clash of the Champions VIII (September '89) = Rotunda lost to Steve
- WCW Halloween Havoc '89 = Rotunda was pinned by Tom Zenk.
- WCW Capital Combat (May '90) = Rotunda and Tommy Rich lost to Fatu and
- WCW Clash of the Champions XI (June '90) = Rotunda and Tom Zenk defeated
Fatu and Samoan Savage.
- WCW Great American Bash '90 = Rotunda managed to pin the Iron Sheik.
- WCW Clash of the Champions XII (September '90) = Rotunda pinned Buddy
- WCW Clash of the Champions XIII (November '90) = Michael Wallstreet
defeated the Starblazer (Tim Horner).
- WCW Starrcade '90 = Michael Wallstreet defeated Terry Taylor.
- WWF Summerslam '91 = Irwin R. Schyster(I.R.S.) won over Greg "The Hammer"
- WWF King of the Ring Tournament (September 7, '91) = I.R.S. beat the
Berserker, Jim Duggan and Jerry Sags, before losing to Bret Hart in the
- WWF Survivor Series '91 = I.R.S. and the Natural Disasters fought in an
"Elimination" Match against the Big Boss Man and the Legion of Doom. I.R.S.
was eliminated by Animal. The Legion of Doom "survived".
- WWF Royal Rumble '92 = I.R.S. competed in the "Royal Rumble", which was
won by Ric Flair.
- WWF Wrestlemania VIII ('92) = Money, Inc. (I.R.S. and Ted DiBiase) lost,
via countout, to the Natural Disasters, but retained the WWF Tag Titles.
- WWF Summerslam '92 = Money, Inc. lost to the Legion of Doom.
- WWF Saturday Night's Main Event #31 (October '92) = Money, Inc. lost, via
countout, to The Ultimate Warrior and "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Money Inc.
retained the WWF Tag Titles.
- WWF Survivor Series '92 = Money, Inc. and the Beverly Brothers fought in a
"Tag-Team Elimination" Match against the Nasty Boys and the Natural
Disasters. Money, Inc. was eliminated when Sags pinned I.R.S. The Nasty Boys
were the "survivors".
- WWF Royal Rumble '93 = I.R.S. competed in the "Royal Rumble", which was
won by Yokozuna.
- WWF Wrestlemania IX ('93) = Money, Inc. won, via DQ, over Hulk Hogan and
Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake. They retained the WWF Tag-Team Titles.
- WWF King of the Ring '93 = Money, Inc. and the Headshrinkers lost to the
Smoking Gunns and the Steiner Brothers.
- WWF Summerslam '93 = I.R.S. beat the 1-2-3 Kid.
- WWF Survivor Series '93 = I.R.S., Diesel, Adam Bomb and "The Model" Rick
Martel fought in an "Elimination" Match against the 1-2-3 Kid, Marty
Jennetty, "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Razor Ramon. I.R.S. was eliminated by
Ramon. Jannetty and the 1-2-3 Kid "survived".
- SMW Marietta Debut (March '94) = I.R.S. was defeated by Lex Luger.
- WWF King of the Ring '94 = I.R.S. defeated Mabel, but lost to Razor Ramon.
- WWF Summerslam '94 = I.R.S. and Bam Bam Bigelow won, via DQ, over the
- WWF Jacques Rougeau Retirement Show (October '94) = I.R.S. defeated Bob
- WWF Royal Rumble '95 = I.R.S. lost to the Undertaker.
- WWF King of the Ring '95 = I.R.S. lost to Savio Vega in a dark match.
- WCW Halloween Havoc '95 = V.K. Wallstreet was beaten by Craig Pittman in a
- WCW World War III '95 = V.K. Wallstreet competed in the "3 Ring Battle
Royal", which was won by "Macho Man" Randy Savage.
- WCW Superbrawl VI ('96) = V.K. Wallstreet and Big Bubba Rogers defeated
Joey Maggs and Craig Pittman in a dark match.
- WCW Slamboree '96 = V.K. Wallstreet and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan defeated
Steven Regal and Dave Taylor. Later in the night, the two lost to Dick
Slater and Bobby Eaton.
- WCW Great American Bash '96 = Michael Wallstreet defeated Jim Powers in a
- WCW Clash of the Champions XXXIII (August '96) = VK Wallstreet defeated
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan.
- WCW World War III '96 = M. Wallstreet competed in the "3 Ring Battle
Royal", which was won by the Giant.
- WCW/nWo Souled Out '97 = Mr. Wallstreet was pinned by Jeff Jarrett.
- WCW Boston Brawl (January '9 = V.K. Wallstreet was pinned by the WCW
Television Champ, Booker T.
- NJPW Top of the Super Junior '98 (May 16 - June 3, '9 = Michael Wallstreet
and Scott Norton lost in the Semis to Kensuke Sasaki and Yuji Nagata, who
won the League.
- NJPW IWGP Tag Title Tournament '98 (June 3-5, '9 = V.K. Wallstreet and Big
Titan lost in the first round to Kensuke Sasaki and Kazuo Yamazaki. Masa
Chono and Hiroyoshi Tenzan went on to win the Tournament, and the belts.
- NJPW Budokan Hall (June 5, '9 = Wallstreet & Big Titan again were defeated
by Kensuke Sasaki & Kazuo Yamazaki.
- WCW Starrcade '99 = Mike Rotunda, Rick Steiner, Kevin Sullivan, & Jim
Duggan were beaten by Shane Douglas, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, & Asya.
- AJPW Budokan Hall (December '00) = Mike Rotunda & Steve Williams defeated
Taiyo Kea & Johnny Smith. Later in the night, Rotunda & Williams beat
Toshiaki Kawada & Masa Fuchi to win the Real World Tag League 2000.
- AJPW Tokyo Dome Show (January '01) = Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham, & Curt
Hennig lost to George Hines, Johnny Smith, and Jim Steele.
- AJPW Budokan Hall (June '01) = Rotunda & Steve Williams defeated Satoshi
Kojima & Hiro Saito.
- AJPW Budokan Hall (October 27, '01) = Rotunda, Steve Williams, Mike Barton
& Jim Steele won over Mitsuya Nagai, Shigeo Okumura, Yuto Aijima & Nobutaka
- NJPW International Center (October 28, '01) = Rotunda & Masa Chono
defeated Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima.
- AJPW Champion Carnival 2002 (March/April) = Rotundo competed in the
tournament, which was won by Keiji Mutoh.
- AJPW Budokan Hall (April 13, '02) = Rotunda, Steve Williams & Yoji Antoh
won over Mike Barton, Jim Steele & the Cedman in the start of the 6-Man
- AJPW Giant Baba Memorial Six-Man Tag Tournament (April 13 - May 12, '02) =
Rotunda, Steve Williams & Yoji Antoh lost in the second round to Genichiro
Tenryu, Nobutaka Araya & Arashi.
- AJPW Prefectural Gym PPV (July 17, '02) = Rotunda, Steve Williams & Yuto
Aijima defeated Nobutaka Araya, Nobukazu Hirai & Arashi.
- AJPW Budokan Hall (July 20, '02) = Rotunda & Steve Williams lost a Four
Corners Match to Mike Barton & Jim Steele. Johnny Smith & George Hines and
Kronik were the other participants.
- AJPW Budokan Hall (August 30, '02) = Rotunda, Steve Williams & Gran Naniwa
fell to Johnny Smith, George Hines & Gran Hamada.
- AJPW Budokan Hall (August 31, '02) = Rotunda, Johnny Smith & Gran Naniwa
defeated Gran Hamada, Masa Fuchi & Kazushi Miyamoto.
- AJPW Budokan Hall (October 27, '02) = Rotunda, Steve Williams & Johnny
Smith won over Yoji Anjoh, Mitsuya Nagai & Ryuji Hijikata.
- AJPW Real World Tag League 2002 (November/December) = Rotunda & Steve
Williams competed in the league, which was won by Taiyo Kea & Satoshi
- AJPW Budokan Hall (December 6, '02) = Rotunda & Steve Williams beat Yoji
Antoh & Kazushi Miyamoto.
- AJPW Osaka PPV (January 13, '03) = Rotundo, Steve Williams & Shigeo
Okumura defeated Johnny Smith, George Hines & Hideki Hosaka.
If you have any comments, reactions, rebuttles or thoughts on this column, feel free to send them to the email below,
If your email is intelligently written, they will be posted underneath this messege..
We at OnlineWorldofWrestling want to promote all points of view, and that includes YOURS.
© 2015, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.