topcenter

WRESTLING COLUMNS

Why Don't You..."
August 17, 2006 by Peter Sawyer


Editor's Notes: There are lots of columns posted on various topics, and sometimes there are multiple columns with similar topics. If you read a column (ANY column) and decide to send in feedback, PLEASE be sure to indicate which column you are responding to by typing the TITLE of the column in the subject line. Also, DO NOT FORGET to sign your name. Thanks!


There are some great mic skills abounding in the WWE at the moment. I've always thought Triple H is great on the mic, MISTER KENNEDY of course, even Cena's good talking in the ring although, like many, I think his wrestling is a bit dodgy. But there are some guys who just will not shut up and it drives me mad. The taunting and bad attitudes I can handle but when some guys just keep going on whining and complaining and over-hyping themselves, I reach for the remote.

First on the volume-down button is King Booker. That man gives me a headache. I liked Booker T at first. I COULD dig that SUCKAAAAA and he looked confident and competent in the ring. But now Booker's losing it. If he isn't on about being the 'Five time, five time, five time, five time, five time WCW Champion!' he's bragging about being a modest, just, noble King. He's an arrogant, jealous, self-obsessed has-been. Five WCW championships is a fantastic achievement but Booker T has rested on these laurels for far too long. Since being seconded to WWE, Booker's won the US Title, cheated to steal the KOTR tournament and err... oh yeah, that's it. There must be a reason why the WWE has kept him in the middle card and maybe it's because he thinks he's better than he is. And then he won the title. Now I just feel slightly sick.

One of my pet peeves is people who can't wrestle but insist on hyping others, especially when they help their over-hyped "client" to steal matches against decent superstars. Khosrow Daivari for one, always picking an unpopular man, whinging that they aren't appreciated and helping them to steal victories against better wrestlers. And Paul Heyman, cheating slimy little scumbag. Giving Paul Heyman control of ECW, however small that control may be, is like putting a slug in a beauty contest. All you can do is alienate some people and annoy the rest.

La Resistance are gone, thank Vince, and that leaves us with Sylvan and Rob Conway on different shows with bad gimmick. Rob Conway has done slightly better of the two in my view but still just whines about how he's too good for mid card. Sylvan has been left with an unpromising angle, basically La Resistance in a suit, and is relegated to the occasional mic spot hyping Quebec and himself.

There are some criers that are gone. I was glad to see the back of Muhammad Hassan, always on about how Arab-Americans are persecuted. I'm equally happy that Chris Jericho's gone. Another wrestler resting on his laurels, this time being the first ever Undisputed Champion and beating Rock and Austin in the same night, and then complaining that he never gets the chance to get back to what he feels is his rightful place. Jamie Noble's gone from his loud-mouth yokel gimmick, although the Pitbull's might be a good comeback for him.

Mick Foley, Dude Love, the Hardcore Legend, Mankind, oh god get over it! This man is making me sick. He's washed up, he's useless, he was never particular technical and now all he can do is these mad screaming mic spots and over-hyped matches where he gets beaten easily. The Rock recognised his achievements in the WWE were at an end and jumped ship. Ric Flair isn't at that stage and is still wrestling. Undertaker's slowing down, he knows that he might need to hang up his boots soon and is taking on fewer and fewer high-quality opponents. But Mick Foley can't get it through his barbed-wire-addled brain that he's washed up. Stop staining your legacy, Mick, shut up, go home and stay there.

This brings me to conclude with Edge, the Rated R Superstar and the most irritating Champion in years, used to be funny. He knew what he wanted, he knew what he hated and he did superbly well. The Hair vs. Hair match with Kurt Angle springs to mind and many people may remember that Edge was the one to first bellow 'You suck' at Kurt Angle, replacing Steve Austin's 'What"' when Angle was talking. Technically, Edge is one of the best and under different circumstances he would be a great man to have the belt. But he has become absolutely insufferable as the Rated R Superstar. All that man does is whine about how Edge is unappreciated and how he deserves everything and anything. The only thing Edge deserves is a few Stunners or Rock Bottoms until that arrogant smirk on his face is wiped off. All Edge can do when he's not champ is whine about how he deserves to have the title handed to him. When he is champ, all he can do is say how he shouldn't have to defend it and go around bullying all in front of him 'because he's the Rated R Superstar'. In fact I think it was Edge who first said it: 'Would you please... SHUT THE HELL UP!'

by Peter Sawyer ..


Jose Aguirre wrote:
You sir are a moron. Those gimmicks are given to wrestlers, it's not like they have creative control. First off Chris Jericho does not suck. He was the master of the mic, he cut the funniest promos ever. He was the first Undisputed Champion, he was a 7 time intercontinental champion, he was tag champion on numerous occasions, and correct me if I'm wrong but i think he won the European Championship. I can't believe how much of an idiot you are. If you're offended(which i hope you are), my e-mail address is cheezit1223@sbcglobal.net. OH AND THAT QUOTE YOU USED AT THE END OF YOUR HORRIBLE COLUMN IS A TRADEMARK OF CHRIS JERICHO!!!!!! There were other problems with your article but to me that was the biggest.
mohamed abdel wahab wrote:
About the why dont you thing.......Why dont you shut up,you dont know what your talking about so dont write a column.All wrestlers whine because it gives them more energy but offcource if you knew anything about wrestling you would know that.
Nick Krause wrote:
im not gonna lie. This might be the stupidest column ever. Your putting down some of the best wwe has had in the past 10 years. Just because you dont like what there saying doesn't mean they shouldn't be on the mike. Chris jericho was one of the best on the mike ever, he always had the crowd in the palm of his hand, everything he said the crowd went right with him. Mick Foley has cut some of the greatest promos of all time nuff said. Edge is one of the few people that make me root against them because he makes me angry, that is a sign of good promo.I missed 04 and 05 so i cant argue for hassan and la resistance but it seems to me that you just dont like heels and since they make you angry you dont want them around so guess what, they got they wanted from you.
Lance Crucifix wrote:
Dude seriously, you are extremely misinformed. One, Khosrow Davairi is an excelent wrestler, he is a good mat techniction and he can fly with the best of them, Davairi has chosen the road of a manager because he is good at hyping people. Muhammad Hassan was a breath of fresh air into the WWE, he had a gimmick that had been used a million times, but he was the only person to play the gimmick as good as he did! You're happy the Chris Jericho is gone"!"! If you were standing in front of me when you said that, I'd slap you. Chris Jericho's gimmick was abit of a whiner, thats what he supposed to do, thus brining up the fact he was the first Undisputed Champion gives him material to use in his promos, and his wrestling is second to none! And then you say, Triple H, Kennedy and Cena are alright, THEY REPEAT MORE THEN ANYONE ELSE ON YOU'RE LIST! Triple H promo " I'm the game, and I am that damn good. I'm a ten time world champion! I'm the only diamond in this bussiness.". Kennedy promo "MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTEEEEEEEEEEEER, KENNEDEEEEEEEEEEY, KEEEEEN-A-DAAAAAAAAAAY!". John Cena promo" " GAY JOKE GAY JOKE GAY JOKE GAY JOKE GAY JOKE, QUICK WHITTED PUN, GAY JOKE GAY JOKE!". And Booker T cheating to win the KOTR, Kayfabe died a while ago dude, Wrestling is a work, quit marking and get with the program man. So in closing, 'Why Don't you....Shut the Hell Up"
Gus D. wrote:
Where was the Sharmell mic skills bashing" She's f*cking CRAP! Her annoying voice makes me hate watching wrestling, and that scares me!
Mosherboy wrote:
Chris Jericho sucks" Somebody's been popping pills....And by the way mate, it was Chris Jericho that first said "Will you please SHUT THE HELL UP!", not Edge.
Stephen Y wrote:
Why Don’t You... Not write another article This was the worst column EVER you muppet. All the people yu said werecrapa really good (not La Resistance and Jamie Noble). Booker T, Paul Heyman, Mick Foley, Edge, Chris Jericho and Davairi are some of the best around today on the mic. You said Mr Kennedy, Triple H and John Cena can talk. Noooooo tey can\'t. Triple H - I beat Rock, Austin, Hogan, Nash, etc. John Cena - Sexual \"jokes\", I fear nothing and regret less (that doesn\'t even make sense, sucks up to fans, tries acting like the Rock (fails) tries chatting up Maria (fails), but overall he sucks, jst like in the ring (HAHA his dad got bullied on Raw off Edge HAHA),and Mr Kennedy \"Misterrrrrrrrr, Kennedy (1,2,3,4,5) Kennedy. Next time, make sure you watch WWE before writing a column abut WWE you loser.
tat2 jake wrote:
this may be the worst column ever on here, i mean i have disagreed with several but was it written by a 10 year old" i doubt since he mentions the rock and stone cold as if he was watching wrestling in the 90s. mr sawyer you do realize that wrestling is just entertainment right" its not real life stuff, people are paid to act a certain way, and if they make you mad then they have done their job. you bash many of the greats, then you say someone like mr kennedy has good mic skills, come on he says 2 words a night. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but this is just ridiculous
James Tait wrote:
Peter, Peter, Peter -- You little jabroni roody poo candyass. You run your mouth about how you're sick and tired of having to listen to wrestlers whine" Well James says this, James says he's going to take your little remote control, shine it up real nice, then turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass! Then he's going to hit the rewind button and do it all over again for the millions (pause while the crowd chants millions) of James's fans. That was an imitation of The Rock, one of the many fine wrestlers you chose to rant about.

Booker T is an ACTOR, sucka. Did you ever stop to think that maybe he is 'arrogant and jealous' because that's his gimmick" You then badmouth the human highlight reel, Y2J Chris Jericho, you sanctimonious son of a bitch! Jericho was awesome on the mic and don't you ever, e-e-e-ever think otherwise. You think you know Edge, chumpstain" The guy can make himself the most hated man in the arena simply by walking to the ring, let alone when he gets on the mic. Well for the benefit of those of you with flash photography, Peter will now pose for 5 seconds only, take a photo and send it to Ignorant Jackass Weekly, I'm sure it'll land the cover.

Lastly, you have the audacity to call Mick Foley "washed up"" Mick Foley is a hardcore legend and without question the best mic worker of all time. You want the greatest promo in wrestling history" Look no further than Cactus Jack's "Cane Dewey" promo from Foley's ECW days, bang bang! The bottom line is that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about Peter. Wrestlers bitch and moan to generate heel heat from the crowd, when they step into the ring and pick up the mic they are actors and are doing their job, which is ACTING.

Do the world a favour and quit voicing your thoughts
Roland Gilbert Matanza wrote:
I don't really want to pick on this guy who wrote this column because no matter what happens, he has the right to give out his opinions on things. But basing from what he have written, it is obvious that the guy just had nothing to do to eat up time, and given comments to something he didn't really understood... and the fact that he didn't pick on The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin shows his inconsistency on his beliefs. If you really know your wrestling, you wouldn't give out such annotations against King Booker... I have to admit that I really don't like this guy but it is a living proof that he is effective of his role and he is living up to the job that he's being paid for, and that's being a great heel! Just like what JBL is currently doing... I get annoyed whenever I hear him talking trash and being bias to all heels, and that's actually a good thing... because if he's not capable of pissing off people who understands the wrestling world, then that means he shouldn't be doing the color commentating and just return to the ring. The fact of the matter Mr. Sawyer is this... Wrestlers do things because there are reasons behind them... baby faced wrestlers can't be effective if they are alone. They must have those " arrogant, jealous, self-obsessed whiners" to make them look good on camera and paper, because without those "whiners", there will never be angles created... Check this out... Seeing as you are a John Cena fan and hates Chris Jericho, I'll use them as examples... on the angle where Y2J turns on Cena, would you ever think of routing out for Cena if Y2J just kick Cena's ass and not say anything" Or do you think you would watch a Mic Foley vs Edge match if WWE just placed it in the Wrestlemania card without giving them the mic time and just let them wrestle without giving any reasons" When I was reading your so-called column, I was actually surprised that you didn't pick on Hulk Hogan because if you would watch his promos, as HBK said when they were having their feud last year, he says the "same old stuff" that he has been using since the 80's, how his 24 inch pythons would do to his opponents, how the thousands of Hulkamaniacs would run wild, and what would happen if you eat your vitamins and say your prayers... By writing this column, it only shows that you are fan of wrestling, but don't know why you like it... Here's the thing Mr. Sawyer, you just don't give out comments to anything, especially if you lack knowledge of it... So just know your role, and SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Jabroni!
Jonathan Preston wrote:
I hate to sound rude, but what in the world are you talking about!!! The gimmicks that the wrestlers do are given to them by booking and the creative department. Geez, don't you know anything about wrestling" You think these wrestlers are crying and whining purposely" Because that's what I got from your article. If you do, then I agree with Jose calling you a MORON!!! Do us all a favor and never write anymore boring, tasteless, un-interesting, inaccurate, non-sense AGAIN!!!!!
Aaron Tolles wrote:
I'm gonna say this:Why don't you pull your head out of your rear end. I have been a wrestling fan for over 20 years and you are going to rip these guys for doing their jobs.Am I happy with certain directions some guys have taken" Hell no,but I live with it.They are just interviews and it doesn't really effect in ring work.If you really want to "Why don't you" to anybody,why don't targets the real whiners...the politicers backstage,the one who do whine and run their trap.The guys who hate to lose to soem of those mentioned above.
Andrew Riordan wrote:
You're a mark, not a bad thing IMO, but you are a massive mark. You've got your catchphrases mixed up, you have no respect for legends of this bussiness. You hate the bad guys, DUH! I have a friend who reminds me of you, he says Booker T is what is wrong with america. Newsflash guys, it's a gimmick, it's alright to hate these people but it is still an act, gotta keep that in mind sometimes
Steve Hall wrote:
Peter, man I couldn't agree with you more. The whining, the complaining, the people who just can't shut up. LOOK IN THE FLIPPIN MIRROR MY FRIEND. This is exactly what you are doing in your column. If you were really a fan of professional wrestling, you would realize that these wrestlers are getting paid to do exactly what you are watching. I have had the privilege to meet a few of the superstars that you mentioned. One of which is Chris Jericho. Jericho is one of the nicest guys in the business. He did everything that was asked of him. So what he said he was "the first Undisputed Champion" guess what, he is right, he really was the first Undisputed Champion. Sure he whined and complained, but he got paid a darn good salary to be that way. As for Foley, you say he is washed up, the man lives and bleeds professional wrestling. In my opinion he can still put on the best Hardcore match I have ever seen. I could go on for hours on how what you wrote absolutely made me sick. These men are in part what made wrestling what it is for us fans, and they don't need jack off's like you tarnishing there reputation.
Akwasi Poku wrote:
other than the statement about Chris Jericho i understand what you are coming from but you got to understand that when you talking about something bad about the WWE the fans will be on your d!#* and talk trash about you. my advice just watch another promotion like TNA.
The Imfamous Unknown wrote:
Edge, Lita, Orton, Regal, Melina, and Davari are the main reasons why I change the channel during their microphone time because they tend to scream into the fu*king mic about the same s*it. Edge always talks about how he is Rated R and brags about his "sexpot" (Slut), Orton Tends to run his mouth about absolutely nothing important at all,and that Regal (Booker's Bitch) always yells "All Hail King Booker!" gets on my nerves possibly more than hearing Paris Hilton's name on VH1. To all These People and any one who has a problem with it just Shut the Fu*k up! I can't stand 2 hear you mouth anymore!!!!
Derek Trotter wrote:
Booker T is fine without the "King" in front. Gone is probably the best entrance music ever to exist, gone is probably the closest best signature taunt to match The Rocks - Can you dig it........... Sucka!!!! Booker is definately a great heel, but I prefer him as a dominate heel champion during the WCW/ECW invasion to the "all hail King Booker". Hes strong in the ring and confident on the mic... but this King sh!t sucks.

1) America dosent have a monarchy
2) King of the Ring went because it lacked interest on its PPV name, the WWE has over hyped it too far now
3) Regal does a good job of making us English look like pr!cks (by the way any Americans intending on making a quick stab, I can easily dish some back!!!) at least we could laugh at him, because he portayed the the Snobs of our country well. Now he is an bigger suck up.
4) Who is Sharmell"!"!"!" - she played 1 good role during the Boogeyman - Booker feud.She is pants on the mic and isnt worth a quick slip of the salami over.
5) FINLAY TO ECW!!!!!! - He is brutal and would make for great extreme (WCW days)
Richard Farrell wrote:
this article is just plain bad king booker has also won the world heavyweight championship, incase you hadn't noticed. You probally never saw davarai wrestle, but i did, and he was a great mat wrestler. It seems as though you think Paul heyman is really like his gimmick, but i have bad news for you. he isnt Also you need to get it into your head that most wrestlers don't pick they're gimmick, it is chosen for them! I mean ripping on mohhamad hassan and la resistance for theyre gimmick as though it is theyre fault! The worst part of this column is when you claim Chris jericho and mick foley are bad on the mic. this is just dumb, considering they were probably both in the top ten mic workers to wrestle in north america So from now on heed your own advice, or should i say Chris Jerichos, AND SHUT THE HELL UP
Charles Lalonde wrote:
First of all you are an idiot, WWE does this because it makes decent television I would rather hear Regal chant ALL HAIL KING BOOKER than watch a mediocre X-Division match, and saying Chris Jericho sucks is like saying Ken Kennedy killed Eddie Guererro with a chair shot, you would think the WWE Superstars have creative control over their gimmicks but they don't, thats why you saw Rob Conway look like one of the village people or Viscera look like a Gigantic Black Hugh Hefner or Maria act like a dumb blonde, they have no say in their character
Brian J. Adkins wrote:
I just wanted to list all of Booker T`s accomplishments that WWE downplays or outright ignores on their shows. --- 6 time WCW T.V. champion --- 5-Time WCW World champion --- Being the only of two men,the other being Bill Goldberg,to hold the WCW World and U.S titles simultaneoulsy. --- In total he`s held the U.S title 4 times. --- 11-time WCW Tag team Champion:10 with brother Stevie Ray and once with Test. --- Former I-C champion. --- 3-time World tag team champion --- 2006 KOTR winner --- Current World Champion on SmackDown!
Kevin Kress wrote:
OK let me speak on this,Your column was awesome!!You know why"Because you did what you set out to do.See how many people would respond to it.I mean you can't believe what you wrote,it must be just to rile people up.Just like a heel wrestler would do.Now look at all the response you got from it.I mean what you wrote was like JBL class 101,i could hear those words coming from him.So for that i say lol great job.Now if your really serious about what you wrote .Then i have to say your not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Mr. Mulluk wrote:
Wouldn't it be just fantastic if the writer of this article actually wrote it as a joke. If he did he could well be making a sly comment about how a lot of modern heel characters have samey gimmicks, moaning on the mic rather than a more varied style of making us hate them. Sgt. Slaughter scared me when I was little, and it wasn't because he complained in his promos, it's cause he was a bad bad man. It's tougher for heels now because of the limited amount we are prepared to suspend disbelief, but a new way of garnering heel heat would be a breath of fresh air.

IF that were the case, the writer would have been making his point in a witty and ironic way, and drawing plenty of heat for doing so. Probably not though...
Cedric Richards wrote:
Are you that stupid" if you don't like heels, then you shouldn't have watched wrestling in the first place. La Resistance was actually one of my favorite gimmicks. They had wrestled men like RVD, Kane, Scott Steiner, Test, William Regal, Tajiri, Chris Benoit and the Dudley Boyz. They won 4 World Tag Team Championships (different men). And you're telling me that Vince McMahon should be thanked for breaking up La Resistance" Traitor/Anti-American heels make great gimmicks. Only an idiot would wouldn't think that. And another thing, Jamie Noble's redneck gimmick proved successful. (You moron.) Why the hell else did they (the WWE) give him the WWE Cruiserweight Championship for 5 months. I started watching WWE in late 2003 and one of the things that made me laugh was the antics of Jamie Noble. He had charisma. Unlike people like you. And how the hell can you not like Chris Jericho" The man pontificated on the mic like nobody had ever done. And another thing, if you conservative asses don't like what is on wrestling then get the hell out. And if you want to shoot your mouth off at me (Mr. Conservative), then e-mail me: cedric_richards@hotmail.com
Terence Newber wrote:
There was a time that I would have totally agreed with Peter Sawyer. That was the time when I was 10-12 years old watching Jim Cornett and the Midnight Express crying out losing a match to the Rock N Roll Express. Or watching Ivan Koloff on the mike trying to overhype himself Nikita Koloff and of course, Russia. I hated it when JJ Dillon and The Four Horsemen took up a full segment of a 2 hour saturday night show on TBS just so each person could gripe about whoever each one was in a fued with. Each week I just hoped that the faces would beat these guys to a pulp and they would leave for good...but that never happened. Oh yeah, and the best person on the mike back in those days was probably Sting.

Then something happened, I got older and grew up. Once you get older you realize all these wrestlers have their gimmicks for reason and without them, you wouldn't care about the matches. Without the gimmicks, it would be like watching amatuer wrestling with people you never heard of. Theres no reason the cheer for either one and nobody would care who wins. Mr. Sawyers article reflects my opinion of wrestling when I was 20 years younger. Maybe that 10-12 year old group was the target demographic for this article
Nabih wrote:
It's abvious that you don't anything about wrestling coz if you did you wouldn't said any of that B.S. All of the wrestlers you've just insulted are legends they are futer hall of fame. If you don't like any of those wrestlers it doesnt mean that they suck , you talk about giving edge a stunner and a rock bottom I think you should get a pedigree and SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!! btw Chris Jericho says that and not Edge
Richard Miller wrote:
Peter Sawyer... why don't YOU... SHUT THE HELL UP! This is stupidest POS I've ever read, you MARK! Let's address some of the things you've said:

1. I liked Booker T at first. I COULD dig that SUCKAAAAA and he looked confident and competent in the ring. But now Booker's losing it. If he isn't on about being the 'Five time, five time, five time, five time, five time WCW Champion!' he's bragging about being a modest, just, noble King. He's an arrogant, jealous, self-obsessed has-been. Five WCW championships is a fantastic achievement but Booker T has rested on these laurels for far too long. Since being seconded to WWE, Booker's won the US Title, cheated to steal the KOTR tournament and err... oh yeah, that's it. There must be a reason why the WWE has kept him in the middle card and maybe it's because he thinks he's better than he is. And then he won the title. Now I just feel slightly sick.

Booker T has been touting his 5-time WCW Championship long before his heel turn - and NOW you hate him for it" This is actually a VERY successful gimmick, and it's worked in the past with one of my most favorite heels all time - "The King" Harley Race - who could forget his rivalry with the likes of Tito Santana and the Junk Yard Dog" Oh, and you're pissed off that he STOLE the KOTR - it's ACTING. You remind me of the jackasses that sent in death threats to Billy Dee Williams, just because they were pissed off Lando Calrissian turned in Han Solo and the other rebels to Darth Vader.

2. One of my pet peeves is people who can't wrestle but insist on hyping others, especially when they help their over-hyped "client" to steal matches against decent superstars. Khosrow Daivari for one, always picking an unpopular man, whinging that they aren't appreciated and helping them to steal victories against better wrestlers.

Maybe you should stop watching wrestling then. This has been happening LONG before we all started watching it, and it will CONTINUE to happen long after we're dead. Again, it's ACTING. Enjoy it for what it is.

3. And Paul Heyman, cheating slimy little scumbag. Giving Paul Heyman control of ECW, however small that control may be, is like putting a slug in a beauty contest. All you can do is alienate some people and annoy the rest.

I really hope you're not referring to the incident where he "screwed" RVD. If you've been reading the other articles here at OWW, you would've seen that this was the way that he was written off, due to his suspension as a result of the drug incident he had. If he didn't have a title, he would've disappeared with no explaination, just like Chris Masters.

4. There are some criers that are gone. I was glad to see the back of Muhammad Hassan, always on about how Arab-Americans are persecuted. I'm equally happy that Chris Jericho's gone. Another wrestler resting on his laurels, this time being the first ever Undisputed Champion and beating Rock and Austin in the same night, and then complaining that he never gets the chance to get back to what he feels is his rightful place. Jamie Noble's gone from his loud-mouth yokel gimmick, although the Pitbull's might be a good comeback for him.

Again, stop watching wrestling. Every wrestler, heel OR face, is going to whine after losing the title. And if you hated Muhammed Hassan, then you're a tool just like everyone else who hated him. Personally, I agreed with him 100% on everything he said, and he was voice in America that many needed to hear. Are you aware that immediately after the Oklahoma City bombing, a mob of angry people broke into the house of an Arab American woman, who was a single mom, and beat her in front of her child" And then, a couple of days later, we find out that a white man named Timothy McVeigh did it. And this only ONE example of the injustices they have to suffer - and here we are, telling Muhammed Hassan to shut up and "accept" our racism. Forty years after the Civil Rights era, we, once more, have a race that it's "okay" to be racist against. What a load of crap!

Also, look at John Cena - he's so pissed off that he doesn't have the title that he keeps storming into the ring and taking it out on everyone else. Do you think of HIM as a sore loser too"

5. Mick Foley, Dude Love, the Hardcore Legend, Mankind, oh god get over it! This man is making me sick. He's washed up, he's useless, he was never particular technical and now all he can do is these mad screaming mic spots and over-hyped matches where he gets beaten easily. The Rock recognised his achievements in the WWE were at an end and jumped ship. Ric Flair isn't at that stage and is still wrestling. Undertaker's slowing down, he knows that he might need to hang up his boots soon and is taking on fewer and fewer high-quality opponents. But Mick Foley can't get it through his barbed-wire-addled brain that he's washed up. Stop staining your legacy, Mick, shut up, go home and stay there.

Just like Booker T - I'll bet you've only been saying this about Mick Foley since his heel turn. I'll bet you screamed your head off in support of Mick Foley at Wrestlemania 22. Hey, he just turned last Monday after kissing Vince McMahon's ass, I bet you're his biggest fan now, aren't you" And Ric Flair, I love the man, but with everything he's saying, he's obviously senile and making an ass of himself on TV - yes, it's time for him to retire.

Oh, and let's talk about the Undertaker - the man never COULD wrestle. His "cool" gimmick is the only reason he lasted so long in the WWE. Before the Undertaker gimmick, WCW gave him the boot because he couldn't wrestle for crap.

Edge, the most irritating champion in years" He gets booed because he's a heel - you want to see the most irritating champion, look no further than the FACE who gets booed, your boy John Cena.
Rich Lehmann wrote:
"Giving Paul Heyman control of ECW, however small that control may be, is like putting a slug in a beauty contest. All you can do is alienate some people and annoy the rest."

O.K. This has got to be the stupidest column ever.

Yeah, ECW fans would never want to see Paul Heyman in control... (that was sarcastic). Maybe the writer would have given the job to Eric Bishoff. But me, for some reason I think of Paul Heyman when I think of the job for running ECW. I don't know why... Oh, yeah! Because he created it. There would be no ECW without Heyman. Everything great about ECW is because of Heyman. Believe it or not, there was ECW before Vince McMahon thought of it. Shocking!!
Nicole wrote:
Dude, I could not possibly disagree with you more! Chris Jericho, to me at least is as good as the Rock was on the mic and it's a shame he is gone. If you can honestly admit that you're happy he gone then there is something very, VERY, very wrong with you. Lance Crucifix makes a good point, along with everyone else who replied to this column. Every wrester you said has good mic skills, says the same thing every week! Muhammed Hassan had great mic skills. He would just simply state whatever was on his mind in a really calm way, but it made everyone so angry. That is a heel's job. You just didn't realize it because you just hate all the heels! And there is no way that you can call Mick Foley washed up and useless. He is and always will be the Hardcore Ledgend. The people you SHOULD be mentioning in this column are as followed: Sharmell. All she says is, "ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!" Or, "THAT'S MY MAN!" Her voice makes it even worse. William Regal. I am not sure what microphone skills he had before becoming Booker's b*tch, but now, you get my point. You just don't get that heels are supossed to whine, it adds to their character. If they went around saying how great everything is, that wouldn't make them seem to "bad" now would it"
XhcwFUndertaker wrote:
Peter Sawyer.... what can I say to you that everyone else hasn't already said. I know... Junior, if you think that way about guys like Daivari, Heyman, and most importantly Foley and Jericho, then you big ignoramus, you've gotta be the biggest damn assclown walking God's green earth. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll agree that Triple H has above average mic skills, and Mr. Kennedy's has a helluva lot of charisma, and that Booker needs to improve his mic skills to better his King gimmick, I would gladly repeatedly "row-sham-bow" you for bad mouthing guys like Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Edge, and Muhammad Hassan.

Fact 1: MICK FOLEY'S HARDCORE ABILITIES ARE SECONDED TO HIS MIC SKILLS. He was and still is like an overweight, balls to the wall, hardcore version of Roddy Piper with tacky ring attire. The promo he cut while ECW and WCW were tossing people back and forth and he was still holding one half of the WCW Tag Titles (this was his promo after his first match in ECW with Sabu) was one of the best promos I've ever heard in my life; better than anything that Triple H, The Rock and Steve Austin combined have ever put together in their careers.

Fact 2: Chris Jericho is one helluva technical wrestler; the fact that his mic skills are incredible is a huge plus to an already great wrestler. His skills on the mic remind me of Piper's mixed in with a little bit of Orndorff. That fact that he could brag about him being the first ever Undisputed Champion and beating Rock and Austin in the same night gave him fuel to use to build his character leading into Wrestlemania 19. I still remember when he and HBK did the Highlight Reel segment and Y2J compared and contrasted his skills to HBK, saying who he wanted to be the next HBK early in his career; how he got in Michaels face when HBK started ranting and raving about his going in to the Rumble and won despite being the first entry ("To win the Undisputed Championship I beat two men... two men you've never beaten and I beat them both on the very same night, so don't you dare try and tell me what it takes to be the best... You self-centered sonofabitch!")

Fact 3: Although his character had been done previously, Hassan had you, whether you'll admit this or not, had you eating out of the palm of his hand. And just like Mr. Wonderful said at the Hall of Fame ceremony, he did that straight to the bank, sport. The only person/people who could match him in mic skills on his level would have to be the original ECW's Dudley Boyz because of the fact that he could annoy you, really piss you off, and could make you down right riotous. Nuff Said!

Fact 4: Edge, although he's toned down his mic skills, has the ability to down talk the crap outta any of his opponents. I'll be honest with you and say that Edge, though his build isn't the same, is slowly morphing into a newer version of Triple H. Edge used to tear down his opponents badly. Remember this, just because he's toned that down does NOT mean that he can reach into his bag of goodies and become the trash talking cocky bastard he once was.

MAJOR FACT: ...I want you to look closely..... Paul Heyman is the one person in wrestling today, aside from Jim Cornette, that will shoot to you and all the other fans about what really is not about what's masked behind some stupid f'n facade. Whether you admit this or not, when Heyman talks, you shut the f**k up and listen to what he says. The fact that he's in character now is not gonna change the fact that in ECW he's cut some of the greatest promos in the history of the SPORT of professional wrestling. Of course he's toned down now. But, I personally, I have a feeling that when ECW's trial run with Sci-Fi Network is done and WWE actually signs another John Hancock for a long term contract for the ECW brand with em', watch out, because only then will we see the rebirth of the Heyman of old.

In closing, I'd advise you to watch more wrestling before you make another idiotic post, you little piss ant. If you don't like what I'm saying, you can do like WWE and get the 'F' out!
Jason "XtremeFalls" Simmons wrote:
Peter I'm sorry but this whole column is garbage! This whole column from top to bottom is just some mark's uneducated opinion on wrestling. First off Booker T, this guy is the current champion on Smackdown so wouldn't that blow your whole living off of WCW crap out of the water" Also you complaining because Heels cheat" NEWS FLASH Booker T, Edge, Muhammad Hassan, Daivari, Paul Heyman, and Booker T are all freaking heels. Its there job to whine and moan and cheat to get there way. That's what they do to get people to hate them. Also Mick Foley is useless" He's cut some CLASSIC Promos this year and in the past 3 years has wrestled 3 classic matches and after Sunday 4. This is all for a semi retired wrestler who isn't a full time wrestler. Chris Jericho was more over then the champion at times and he didn't need to have the belt to do it. Peter I'm sorry but this whole column is nothing but crap.
R J C wrote:
WHY DONT YOU"""" well in the words of the great one "why dont you shine that write up up real nice turn that sum bitch side ways and stick it straight up your candy ass". That sir was the biggest load of garbige i have ever read you have wasted 5 minutes of my life. The wrestlers dont decide on these gimmicks they are given them by the story department and they complain to get heat ( just for you because u sounds like a bit of a jabroni heat is a negative reaction from the croud) without this wrestling would just be good guy fighting good guy and where is the fun in that. Now as for you saying stuff like undertakers time is up that is absolutely rediculous and the same with mick floey without this man wrestling would be nothing like what it is today. I must also say that The Rock left wrestling at the pinicle of his sucsess which is maby one of the worst things that ever happend for the wrestling industry with The Rock you either loved him or you hated him and which ever way it was he drew the biggest crouds everywhere he went. On a final note you saying that Ric Flair should not retire yet is absolutely rediculous his time to go at a respectible place in his career has come and gone he has now become on of them anoying person in the wwe bar only king booker sometimes i feel sorry for this man i put him and Terry Funk in the same catogory the greatest there WAS was is teh key word the buisness has changed and so have the wrestlers and its time they let it go
wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

If you have any comments, reactions, rebuttles or thoughts on this column, feel free to send them to the email below,
If your email is intelligently written, they will be posted underneath this messege..
We at OnlineWorldofWrestling want to promote all points of view, and that includes YOURS.




© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.

[ CHAT ROOM | FLASH | SEARCH | FORUMS | DOWNLOADS | TAPES | WRESTLINKS | GUESTBOOK | THANK YOU | CONTACT ]