OWW's Weekend News & Rumors Update.
November 11-17, 2001 - By Brad Dykens
- November 12, 2001 - Hardyz become 5-time WWF Tag Team champions.
- November 12, 2001 - Edge becomes WCW US Champion defeating Kurt Angle.
- November 12, 2001 - WWF Superstar edition of weakest link airs, Triple H is the strongest link.
- November 13, 2001 - Eddy Guerrero released by the WWF.
- November 13, 2001 - Jimmy Hart's XWF launches at Universal Studios.
- November 15, 2001 - Randy Savage celebrates his 49th birthday.
- Survivor Series is right around the corner is EVERYONE is rumored to jump ship at the event...
- Triple H's 6-month rehab period is over, expect his return to the WWF to be huge.
- WWF is in serious negotiations right now with Ric Flair. There have been on-again, off-again talks since the folding of WCW, and the sticking point always revolves around money. Not sure where they stand but based upon what we understand, there is a major storyline WWF is planning to start on Monday in Charlotte and Flair would become the key person in that storyline. If the WWF wants him bad enough, they could get him, but that's also been the case from day one. One source close to the situation said that it's touch-and-go, maybe less than 50% due to details that would need to be worked out with Time Warner, who Flair is under contract to, to make the deal over the next few days. The odds have always been very strong Flair would go to WWF in a non-wrestler capacity after his Time Warner contract expires.
If you have any comments, reactions, rebuttles or thoughts on this column, feel free to send them to the email below,
If your email is intelligently written, they will be posted underneath this messege..
We at OnlineWorldofWrestling want to promote all points of view, and that includes YOURS.
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.