On this edition of CAC Radio, hosts David and Morgan are joined by Demolition members Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow!
Individually each man had wonderful careers in professional wrestling. Collectively though, they found perhaps their greatest success as the legendary tag team Demolition. Bill Eadie, known as Ax, and Barry Darsow, known as Smash, would win the world tag team championship on three occasions as the prominent tag team during the late 1980s and early 1990s in the World Wrestling Federation. They still hold the WWF records for both the single longest tag team title reign and the most combined days as reigning champions.
This coming April Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow will receive the first ever CAC tag team award at the 50th reunion celebration.
During this interview, Bill and Barry discuss the following:
- Starting out in the business
- Working the territories
- Achieving individual success
- Forming Demolition in 1987
- Working with Mr. Fuji, and other legendary managers
- Enjoying the Golden Age of tag team wrestling
- Inventing the Demolition Decapitation
- Wrestling the Powers of Pain, British Bulldogs, and other great teams
- Adding a 3rd member Crush
- Parting ways in 1990
- Reuniting in 2007
- Keeping Demolition’s legacy alive
- and much more!
In addition to Demolition, David and Morgan discuss the yearly CAC bowling tournament with Joe Mauriello, as well as other reunion news. We hope you enjoy this latest edition of CAC Radio!
Listen to the episode here!