Demolition is undoubtably one of the greatest tag teams in the history of World Wrestling Entertainment. Demolition was prominent during the late 1980s and early 1990s and featured Ax (Bill Eadie), Smash (Barry Darsow), and later Crush (Brian Adams).
Demolition won the WWF world tag team championship three times and hold the records for both the single longest tag team title reign and the most combined days as reigning champions.
Over the past several years, Ax and Smash have reunited for several appearances at various independent shows and legends conventions.
Relive the career of this great tag team here!
- WWF world tag team titles defeated Strike Force (March 27, 1988);
- WWF world tag team titles defeated Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard (October 02, 1989);
- WWF world tag team titles defeated Andre the Giant and Haku (April 01, 1990);
- Bill Eadie and a man named Randy Colley created the Demolition gimmick – Ax (Bill Eadie) and Smash (Randy Colley).
- Randy Colley left the WWF due to a contract dispute, and Barry Darsow replaced him and they were managed by Mr. Fuji.
- Demolition was initially viewed as a cheap Road Warrior knock off but eventually dominated the tag team division.
- Wrestlemania IV: Demolition defeated Strike Force (Tito Santana and Rick Martel) to win the WWF Tag Team Titles.
- Demolition feuded with teams like the British Bulldogs, and the Hart Foundation.
- When the The Powers of Pain entered the WWF, the Demolition was put to the ultimate test.
- July 29, 1989 – Saturday Night’s Main Event: The Brain Busters defeated Demolition to win the WWF Tag Team titles.
- Demolition beat the Brain Busters three months later to recapture the WWF Tag team Titles.
- Demolition was beaten by the Collosal Connection (Andre and Haku) for the WWF Tag Team titles.
- Wrestlemania VI: Demilition defeated the Collosal Connection to recapture the Tag Team titles.
- April 13, 1990 – WWF/AJPW Wrestling Summit: Giant Baba and Andre the Giant defeated Demolition (Ax and Smash).
- Demolition began to take on a new attitude and added a third member, Crush.
- ~~~This was actually due to health problems Eadie was suffering from so he could take a less-active roll in the team.
- The Road Warriors finally entered the WWF and feuded with Demolition.
- The Road Warriors and Ultimate Warrior faced the Demolition trio on numerous house shows.
- Ax developed some back problems and eventually took a managers roll while Smash and Crush defended the titles.
- July 28, 1990 – SNME: Demolition (Smash and Crush) beat The Rockers (Jannetty and Michaels) to retain the Tag Team titles.
- August 27, 1990 – Summerslam: The Hart Foundation defeated Demolition (Smash and Crush) to win the Tag Team titles!
- October 13, 1990 – SNME: The Ultimate Warrior and The Legion of Doom defeated Demolition (Ax and Smash and Crush).
- November 22, 1990 – Survivor Series: Ultimate Warrior and Kerry von Erich and Legion of Doom beat Mr. Perfect and Demolition.
- January 19, 1991 – Royal Rumble: Crush (at #20) and Smash (at #15) entered but were both eliminated by Hulk Hogan.
- Bill Eadie left the WWF, and filed a lawsuit with Randy Culley, claiming that they owned the Demolition name, and gimmick.
- Bill Eadie was on the independent scene as Axis The Demolisher.
- The lawsuit against the WWF finally came to a close in 2000, in which it was ruled that the WWF owned all rights.
- ~~~Eadie still competes under the gimmick today, he received no money from the WWF, and was told to shut down his website.
- Bill Eadie tried to sell one of his WWF tag team titles for $12,000.
- Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow reunited at several legends conventions and planned to go on tour with the Demolition gimmick.
- July 28, 2007 – NWS: Demolition Ax and Slayer (w/Barry Darsow) beat Salvatore Sincere and J.D. Smooth w/Royce Profit.
- October 6, 2007 – Championship International Wrestling: Demolition (Eadie and Darsow) vs. Mayhem ended in a No Contest.
- ~~~Demolition and Mayhem beat The Bumpin Uglies and N8 Mattson and Gutter in an 8-Man Tag Match in Hillsdale, Michigan.
- December 7, 2007 – Great Lakes Championship Wrestling: Demolition won a 4-WAY Tag Team Main Event match.
- ~~~Demolition beat The Texas Hangmen and American History Next and Dysfunction and Mason Quinn in a 4-WAY.
- June 5, 2010 – TWX: Demolition (Axe and Smash w/Stacy Carter) defeated The Nigerian Nightmares w/Voodoo Princess Sheeta.
- ~~~Stacy Carter pinned Princess Sheeta in the ring while the Nigerian Nightmares and Demolition battled outside of the ring.
- June 6, 2010 – TWA: Demolition defeated Jeff Jett and Matt Riviera.
- October 22, 2010 – ICW: Demolition defeated Pinkie Sanchez and Maximus Sex Power.
- October 23, 2010 – ECPW: Demolition defeated Crazy Ivan and Slugga.
- November 27, 2010 – CWE: CWE tag team champions Cliff Corleone and JJ Sanchez defeated Demolition to retain the titles.
- December 4, 2010 – Great Lakes Championship Wrestling: Demolition defeated Greg “The Hammer” Valentine and Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake and The Urban Assault Team and Jimmy Blaze and Eric Freedom in a 4-WAY to retain the GLCW World Tag Team Championships.
- October 14, 2011 – RCW: Demolition and Barricade defeated Evan Inferno, Slammer and Steve Rivers.
- October 15, 2011 – RCW: Demolition defeated Heavy Metal and Tommy Lee Curtis.
- April 28, 2012 – PWX: PWX tag team champions Francisco Ciatso and Simon Sez defeated Demolition to retain the titles.
- May 4, 2012 – PWS: Demolition was in a tag team gauntlet #1 contenders match for the tag team titles won by DJ Phat Pat and Fallah.
- September 14, 2012 – PWS: The Barbarian and The Warlord defeated Demolition by disqualification.
- September 15, 2012 – FTW: FTW tag team champions Bill Carr and Jim Sullivan defeated Demolition, Jimmy Cash and Kurt Varis and Ken Scampi and Nightmare in a 4-way match to retain the titles.
- September 16, 2012 – Chikara: Demolition was in a tag team gauntlet won by The 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty.
- November 16, 2012 – 2CW: Demolition defeated Kevin Graham and Mike Van Slyke and Steve Cruz and Steve McKenzie in a 3-way tag team match.
- November 17, 2012 – 2CW: Demolition defeated Sean Carr and Kage.
- December 1, 2012 – GLCW: GLCW tag team champions Demolition defeated Shanghai Pierce and Tex Slazenger to retain the titles.
- August 31, 2013 – DSCW: Demolition Ax and Robert Gibson defeated Brandon Collins and Jason Collins.
- November 30, 2013 – Wrestlecade: Demolition was in a tag team gauntlet match won by Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander.
Check out the profiles of Ax, Smash, and Crush for additional career updates: