Paul Orndorff, Jr. (born October 29, 1949) is a retired professional wrestler, best known as “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff for his appearances with the World Wrestling Federation and World Championship Wrestling. Paul Orndorff started wrestling in 1976 in Mid-Southern Wrestling where he feuded with a young Jerry Lawler. Orndorff won his first wrestling title when he pinned Lawler for the Mid-Southern Heavyweight Title on June 7, 1977. After working in Japan and several territories, Orndorff signed with the World Wrestling Federation in late 1983. Starting in January 1984, Orndorff took on “Rowdy” Roddy Piper as his manager. Piper nicknamed Paul Orndorff “Mr. Wonderful,” a nickname that he has used ever since. In 1985 Orndorff was part of Wrestlemania’s main event, teaming with “Rowdy” Roddy Piper versus Hulk Hogan and Mr. T. Orndorff and Hogan had a series of high profile matches over the next several years, highlighted by one of the best steel cage matches in WWF history. After leaving the WWF, Orndorff wrestled for WCW and other promotions, and eventually began working as a wrestling trainer. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005. [Courtesy in part of Wikipedia.com]
Relive Paul Orndorff’s great career here!
- NWA (Mid America) Southern Heavyweight title defeating Jerry Lawler (May 29, 1977);
- NWA (Tri State) North American Heavyweight title defeating Ernie Ladd (May 29, 1978);
- NWA (Tri State) North American Heavyweight title defeating Ernie Ladd (June 1978);
- NWA (Mid Atlantic) World Tag Team titles w/ Jimmy Snuka defeating Baron Von Raschke and Greg Valentine (December 1978);
- NWA Southeastern Tag Team titles w/ Dick Slater defeating Norvell Austin and Jimmy Golden (October 1979);
- NWA Southeastern Tag Team titles w/ Norvell Austin defeating Rany Rose and Dennis Condrey (1980);
- Mid South North American Heavyweight title defeating Jake Roberts (July 4, 1981);
- NWA (Georgia) National Heavyweight title defeating Buzz Sawyer (June 20, 1982);
- NWA (Georgia) National Heavyweight title defeating Super Destroyer (October 3, 1982);
- NWA (Georgia) National Heavyweight title defeating Masked Superstar (November 17, 1982);
- NWA (Georgia) National Heavyweight title defeating Tommy Rich (March 1983);
- AWF (American Wrestling Federation) Heavyweight title defeating Stan Lane [Tournament] (December 16, 1991);
- UWF (Herb Abrams) Southern States Heavyweight title defeating Bob Orton Jr. (June 22, 1992);
- NWL (National Wrestling League) Tag Team titles w/ Brian Blair (1993);
- WCW World Television title defeating Erik Watts in a Tournament Final (March 2, 1993);
- WCW World Tag Team titles w/ Paul Roma defeating Kevin Sullivan and Cactus Jack (July 17, 1994);
- WCW World Tag Team titles w/ Paul Roma defeating The Patriot and Marcus Bagwell (October 23, 1994);
In The Beginning:
- Paul Orndorff and Shane Douglas are cousins.
- Paul Orndorff was trained by Hiro Matsuda at the same time as Hulk Hogan.
- 1978: Paul won the North American Championship twice, winning and losing to and from “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd.
- 1978: Paul competed in the Mid-Atlantic area.
- December 1978: Paul teamed with Jimmy Snuka to win NWA World Tag Team Titles from Greg Valentine and Baron Von Raschke.
- ~~~April 28, 1979: They lost the belts to Baron Von Raschke and Paul Jones.
- July 21, 1979: Paul was defeated by Angelo Mosca Sr at a Superdome event.
- October 1979: Paul teamed with Dick Slater to win the Southeastern Tag Team Titles.
- Summer 1980: Paul began a feud with Ken Mantell in Mid-South.
- ~~~Mantell had a tradition of cutting opponents’ hair.
- ~~~Mantell even managed to give Orndorff an unwanted haircut.
- ~~~Paul defeated Mantell and was awarded the right to use the infamous Freebird Hair-Removal Creme on Mantell’s scalp.
- ~~~August 1980 – Mid-South Superdome Extravaganza: Paul continued his success by defeating Mantell in a rematch.
- November 1980: Ernie Ladd and Leroy Brown injured Paul’s brother Terry Orndorff while winning the Mid-South Tag Team Titles.
- ~~~Nov/1980 – Mid-South Superdome Extravaganza: Big brother Paul sought revenge, but he lost to Ladd in a “Lights out” match.
- Paul later returned to the Southeast Continental Area where he teamed up with Norvell Austin.
- ~~~They defeated Dennis Condrey and Randy Rose for the Southeast Continental Tag Team Titles.
- Paul came back to Mid-South yet again.
- Paul overslept on the day of his title shot against North American Champion The Grappler.
- ~~~When substitute Jake Roberts took the belt from The Grappler, Orndorff went berzerk.
- ~~~Paul’s obession with the belt cost him his popularity with the fans.
- ~~~July 4, 1981 – Superdome: Paul Orndorff defeated Jake Roberts for the Mid-South North American Heavyweight title.
- ~~~Paul later lost a “lights out” match to The Junkyard Dog that same night.
- Paul entered feuds with JYD, Ted DiBiase, Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdoch while aligned with Bob Roop and Bob Orton Jr.
- November 1, 1981: Paul lost his North American Title to Ted DiBiase.
- June 20, 1982: Paul beat Buzz Sawyer for the National Title.
- Paul vacated it that summer to concentrate on an unsuccessful World Title chase against NWA World Champion Ric Flair.
- Paul, acting as a sort of American patriot, feuded with Ivan Koloff.
- October 1982: Paul later defeated The Super Destroyer (Scott Irwin) to recapture the National Title.
- ~~~Paul also traded the National Title with The Masked Superstar (Bill Eadie).
- ~~~When Larry Zbyszko failed to win the title from Orndorff, he paid Killer Tim Brooks $25,000 to take him out.
- ~~~Brooks clobbered Orndorff with a chair to win the title but the decision was overturned.
World Wrestling Federation – Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff vs. Hulk Hogan and Mr. T:
- Paul Orndorff signed with the WWF and aligned himself with “Rowdy” Roddy Piper as a heel.
- January 1984 – Madison Square Garden: Paul Orndorff defeated Salvatore Bellomo with a Piledriver.
- Paul Orndorff was granted several title shots at WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan, with no success.
- February 1984: Paul Orndorff faced Hulk Hogan in Hogan’s first New York City title defense.
- Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper and David Shultz vs. Ivan Putski and Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson in a six-man war.
- July 23, 1984 – Brawl To Settle It All: Paul Orndorff defeated Chief Jay Strongbow in a dark match.
- Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff was also a frequent challenger to Intercontinental Champion, Tito Santana.
- Paul Orndorff joined Roddy Piper (w/ Bob Orton) to feud with Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka and The Tonga Kid.
- Paul also did Piper a favor by injuring Junk Yard Dog just prior to JYD’s scheduled appearance on Piper’s Pit.
- ~~~Without JYD around, Piper, Orton, and Orndorff all started to harass Salvadore Bellomo in his place.
- ~~~However, JYD emerged from the back, along with bloody bandages and a steel chair to fend off the heels.
- Paul had a brief rivalry with young David Sammartino, with Roddy Piper and Bruno Sammartino getting involved.
- ~~~Bruno Sammartino and David Sammartino defeated Paul Orndorff and Rowdy Roddy Piper in a tag team match.
- Late 1984: Paul Orndorff was drawn into Rowdy Roddy Piper sudden feud with several Hollywood Celebrities.
- ~~~Rowdy Roddy Piper went as far as to attack Captain Lou Albano and Cyndi Lauper and ignited a big feud.
- February 18, 1985 – War To Settle The Score: “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff defeated “Mr. USA” Tony Atlas.
- In the Main Event, Paul interfered on Piper’s behalf causing a DQ, until Mr T hit the ring to make the save!
- Wrestlemania 1: Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper (w/ Bob Orton) were defeated by Hulk Hogan and Mr.T (w/ Jimmy Snuka).
- ~~~After being the victim of the pinfall, Paul Orndorff was abandoned in the ring by Piper and Cowboy Bob Orton.
World Wrestling Federation – Paul Orndorff and Hulk Hogan:
- Saturday Night’s Main Event: Paul Orndorff shook Hulk Hogan‘s hand after failing to defeat him in a title match.
- Paul Orndorff was a guest on Piper’s Pit and Piper labeled Orndorff as a “loser” and blamed him for the WM loss.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff was well aware that the verbal insults were all a distraction for something else.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff caught Bob Orton trying to attack from behind and then refocused on Roddy Piper.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff attempted his piledriver on Roddy Piper but was decked from behind by Orton’s cast.
- ~~~Before a two-on-one beat-down could go down, Mr T rushed to rescue Paul Orndorff for a second time.
- Hulk Hogan and “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Ordorff then feuded with Rowdy Roddy Piper and Cowboy Bob Orton.
- July 8, 1985 – King of the Ring: Paul Orndorff vs. Bob Orton in a 1st round match ended in a Double DQ.
- July 1985 – MSG: Paul Orndorff defeated Roddy Piper in the “Match Of Honor” by DQ when Orton interfered.
- ~~~Roddy Piper and Bob Orton beat up Paul Orndorff until The British Bulldogs ran in and made the save.
- October 5, 1985 – Saturday Night’s Main Event: Paul Orndorff vs. Roddy Piper ended in a Double Countout.
- August 13, 1985 – Ohio State Fair: “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff defeated The Iron Sheik.
- Madison Square Garden: Paul Orndorff and Andre The Giant defeated Rowdy Roddy Piper and Bob Orton.
- Late 1985: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan placed a $50,000 bounty on the head of Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff.
- November 7, 1985 – Wrestling Classic: Paul Orndorff defeated Bob Orton by DQ in the 1st Round of the Tournament.
- ~~~”Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff vs. Tito Santana ended in a Double Countout in the 2nd round of the Tournament.
- April 7, 1986 – WrestleMania 2: Paul Orndorff vs. Magnificent Don Muraco w/ Mr Fuji ended in a Double Countout.
- Paul Orndorff was mocked by Adorable Adrian Adonis, who claimed Orndorff was merely Hulk Hogan‘s sidekick.
- May 3, 1986 – Saturday Night’s Main Event: “Adorable” Adrian Adonis defeated Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff by DQ.
World Wrestling Federation – Paul Orndorff betrays Hulk Hogan:
- “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff then started a feud with Bobby “The Brain” Heenan and Big John Studd.
- Paul Orndorff and Hulk Hogan reunited in a tag match against The Moondogs, but there was obvious tension.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff nearly wrestled the entire match by himself, in an attempt to upstage his partner.
- June 24, 1986: Paul Orndorff and Hulk Hogan defeated Studd and Bundy by DQ when Ordorff turned on Hulk Hogan.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff nailed Hogan with a devastating piledriver, then mocked Hogan by cupping his hands to his ear.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff embraced Heenan, Bundy, Studd and even Adrian Adonis, who kept repeating “You were WONDERFUL!”
World Wrestling Federation – The Heenan Family:
- Paul Ordorff stole Hulk Hogan‘s “Real American” entrance music to get under the skin of the World Champion.
- August 28, 1986 – The Big Event: Hulk Hogan defeated Paul Ordorff w/ Bobby Heenan by DQ to retain the WWF title.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff covered Hulk Hogan and the referee tapped (Orndorff’s shoulder) three times to signify a DQ.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff celebrated with the championship belt anyway, thinking he had won the prized World title.
- ~~~The referee informed everybody that Hogan had won the match upon a DQ, therefor the title didn’t change.
- October 4, 1986 – SNME: Hulk Hogan defeated Paul Orndorff by DQ to retain the WWF World title.
- November 24, 1986: Rowdy Roddy Piper and Hulk Hogan defeated Paul Orndorff and Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan.
- ~~~Piper pinned Race and stormed out of the ring, leaving Hogan to battle off Heenan, Race, and Orndorff.
- January 3, 1987 – SNME: Hulk Hogan defeated Paul Orndorff in one of the greatest steel cage matches of all time.
- ~~~With two different referees focused on each man, the competitors dropped to the floor at the same time!
- ~~~Joey Morella declared Hogan the winner, while Danny Davis tried to give the match and title to Orndorff.
- ~~~Hulk Hogan rushed to attack Paul Orndorff again, and he wiped out Referee Danny Davis in the process.
- ~~~Joey Marella decided that, in all fairness, the match must be restarted and both reentered the cage.
- ~~~This time, Hulk Hogan endured all of Orndorff’s offense and delivered his legdrop and go on to win.
- Madison Square Garden: “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff defeated George “The Animal” Steele.
- June 1987: “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff defeated Junk Yard Dog.
World Wrestling Federation – The Good Guy:
- Paul Orndorff fired Bobby Heenan and introduced his new manager, the popular Sir Oliver Humperdink.
- October 3, 1987 – Saturday Night’s Main Event: King Kong Bundy defeated Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff.
- Paul Orndorff began feuding with Bobby Heenan’s newest Heenan Family addition, Ravishing Rick Rude.
- Madison Square Garden: Ravishing Rick Rude defeated Paul Orndorff at two consecutive MSG events.
- Survivor Series 1987: Hulk Hogan put Orndorff on his Hulkamaniacs Team losing to Andre The Giant‘s Team.
- Paul Orndorff stopped wrestling for several years, there were rumors circulating that Orndorff had passed away.
- Paul Orndorff, in reality, actually ran a popular Bowling Ally in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
- 1990: Paul Orndorff was wrestling in some lesser-known promotions.
- Paul took on the popular Kerry Von Erich in a series of matches.
National Wrestling Alliance:
- Summer 1990: Paul Orndorff resurfaced in NWA as part of Sting‘s “The Dudes With Attitudes”.
- ~~~This group included Sting, Steiner Brothers, Lex Luger, Junk Yard Dog, and of course Paul Orndorff.
- ~~~The “Dudes With Attitude” feuded with the heel Four Horsemen.
- Paul Orndorff eventually disappeared from the NWA.
Herb Abrams’ UWF Promotion:
- 1991: Paul Orndorff was one of the wrestlers to participate in Herb Abrams’ UWF promotion.
- Paul began an intense rivalry with Steve Williams and later reignited his feud with Cowboy Bob Orton.
- Beach Brawl: Paul met and defeated Colonel DeBeers in a strap match.
- Paul would periodically show up in the UWF over the course of the early 1990’s.
- Paul also wrestled for the NWF, which operated in what used to be the old Mid-South area.
- Paul was an occasional tag team partner of Chris Adams, as they battled the likes of Bob Orton and Buddy Landel.
Smokey Mountain Wrestling:
- 1992: Smokey Mountain Wrestling opened its doors and held a tournament for its heavyweight title.
- ~~~The Dirty White Boy (Tony Anthony), Buddy Landel, and “Prime Time” Brian Lee were all invited to participate.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff’s name was there too, but as “an alternate!”
- ~~~This insult was enough to swing the pendulum of Orndorff’s mood in a nasty direction.
- ~~~Paul started ranting about having had victories over Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair.
- ~~~Paul then destroyed Hector Guerrero . and anyone else who dared to step in the ring.
- ~~~At the Volunteer Slam Event: Paul steamrolled through Tim Horner and Robert Gibson to meet Brian Lee in the finals.
- ~~~SMW Commissioner Bob Armstrong tried to award the title to Orndorff due an injury Lee had suffered.
- ~~~Instead, Lee demanded the match, Orndorff’s temper erupted, and Lee won the title by Disqualification!
- Paul Orndorff started an alliance with The Dirty White Boy, and they relished in attacking Lee at will.
- ~~~Paul even used a suitcase to bash Lee in the face, while “DWB” hung Hector Guererro by his necktie.
- ~~~Lee responded by acquiring Ronnie Garvin as his tag team partner against Orndorff and DWB.
- August 1992 – Fire On The Mountain: Paul Orndorff was defeated by Ronnie Garvin in a special “Piledriver Match”.
- Ater losing a match to Tracy Smothers, Orndorff decided to deliver one more piledriver – to the referee!
- ~~~This incident caused him to be evicted from Smokey Mountain.
World Championship Wrestling:
- Paul Orndorff made a controversial return to World Championship Wrestling, managed by Harley Race.
- ~~~Harley Race held a special “tough man’s” match between Cactus Jack (Mick Foley) and Paul Orndorff.
- ~~~The winner replacing Ravishing Rick Rude in the Thunderdome Cage match at Clash of Champions.
- ~~~For some reason, Harley Race tried to assist Paul Orndorff, which Cactus Jack did not appreciate.
- ~~~Cactus Jack belted Harley Race from the ring apron but Big Van Vader and Orndorff double-teamed Cactus!
- ~~~Harley Race officially announced Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff as his selection!
- January 18, 1993 WCW Clash: Dustin Rhodes and Sting and Cactus Jack beat Vader and Paul Orndorff and Barry Windham (Cage Match).
- ~~~Ron Simmons, Van Hammer, and The Barbarian were all taken out of the match due to injuries.
- ~~~Although it was a steel cage match, that did not stop Cactus Jack from entering the fray.
- January 30, 1993 WCW Power Hour: Cactus Jack vs. Paul Orndorff ended in a Double Count Out.
- ~~~After the match; both men had to be dragged away by security after starting to fight.
- February 21, 1993 SuperBrawl III: Cactus Jack defeated Paul Orndorff in a Falls Count Anywhere Match.
- March 27, 1993 WCW Power Hour: Paul Orndorff won a Tournament to win the Vacant WCW Television Title.
- ~~~Too Cold Scorpio, Cactus Jack, Johnny B Badd, and Erik Watts all fell to the abilities of Mr Wonderful.
- May 23, 1993 Slamboree: Paul Orndorff and Rick Rude defeated Dustin Rhodes and Kensuke Sasaki.
- Paul suffered a hamstring injury which caused him to miss his scheduled match with Ron Simmons at CotC.
- July 18, 1993 Beach Blast: Paul Orndorff defeated Ron Simmons by DQ to retain the WCW Television Title.
- August 1993 – Clash of the Champions: Ricky Steamboat defeated Paul Orndorff to win the Television title.
- September 19, 1993 Fall Brawl: Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Bagwell defeated The Equalizer and Paul Orndorff.
- October 24, 1993 Halloween Havoc: Paul Orndorff (sub for Yoshi Kwan) defeated Ricky Steamboat by Count Out.
- November 10, 1993 WCW Clash: Dustin Rhodes w/ Dusty Rhodes defeated Paul Orndorff w/ Assassin to retain the US title.
- November 20, 1993 BattleBowl (Lethal Lottery): The Shockmaster and Paul Orndorff defeated Steven Regal and Ricky Steamboat.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff and Shockmaster (Fred Ottman) went into the final battle royal, which was won by Big Van Vader.
World Championship Wrestling – Pretty Wonderful:
- Late 1993 – WCW Saturday Night: Paul Orndorff and Steve Austin defeated Arn Anderson and Paul Roma.
- ~~~Paul Roma recruited Erik Watts as a partner to do battle against Paul Orndorff and Stunning Steve Austin.
- ~~~Paul Roma blatantly turned against Erik Watts and announced a new partnership – with Paul Orndorff!
- ~~~”Pretty” Paul Roma and Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff became known as “Pretty Wonderful,” managed by the Assassin.
- December 27, 1993 Starrcade: Pretty Wonderful (Orndorff and Roma) defeated Marcus Bagwell and Too Cold Scorpio.
- January 27, 1994 WCW Clash: Marcus Bagwell and Too Cold Scorpio defeated Pretty Wonderful w/ The Assassin.
- February 20, 1994 Superbrawl IV: Paul Orndorff participated on the losing team in a Thunderdome Cage Match.
- ~~~Sting and Brian Pillman and Dustin Rhodes defeated Ravishing Rick Rude and Stunning Steve Austin and Paul Orndorff.
World Championship Wrestling – Pretty Wonderful II:
- May 1994: Paul Orndorff and Paul Roma reunited but without Assassin as their manager.
- May 22, 1994 Slamboree: Pretty Wonderful (Paul Orndorff and Paul Roma) defeated Brad Armstrong and Brian Armstrong.
- Summer 1994: Pretty Wonderful attacked Cactus Jack and Kevin Sullivan (Tag Champs) using Dave Sullivan’s crutch.
- July 17, 1994 Bash at the Beach: Pretty Wonderful defeated Kevin Sullivan and Cactus Jack to win the WCW World Tag Team Titles.
- August 28, 1994 WCW Clash: The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags) defeated Pretty Wonderful in a Non Title match.
- September 18, 1994 Fall Brawl: Pretty Wonderful defeated Stars and Stripes to retain the WCW World Tag Team Titles.
- September 25, 1994 – WCW: Marcus Bagwell and The Patriot defeated Pretty Wonderful to win the WCW World Tag Team titles.
- October 23, 1994 Halloween Havoc: Pretty Winderful defeated Stars and Stripes to win the WCW World Tag Team Titles.
- November 16, 1994 WCW Clash: Marcus Bagwell and The Patriot defeated Pretty Wonderful to win the Tag Team titles.
- ~~~The matched ended with two simultaneous pinfalls, but was match was awarded to Stars and Stripes.
- Pretty Wonderful split up shortly thereafter.
World Championship Wrestling – Singles Wrestler:
- SuperBrawl V: Paul Orndorff defeated Brad Armstrong in a non-televised match.
- US Title Tournament: Paul Orndorff defeated Johnny B Badd in the 1st round
- US Title Tournament: Sting defeated Paul Orndoeff in the 2nd round.
- Slamboree 1995: The Great Muta defeated Paul Orndorff to retain the IWGP World title.
- June 1995 – TV Title Tournament: Paul Orndorff defeated “Flyin'” Brian Pillman.
- Bash At The Beach 1995: The Renegade defeated Paul Orndorff in the finals to win the Television title.
World Championship Wrestling – Last Run:
- WCW TV 1995: Paul Orndorff was soundly trounced by Randy “Macho Man” Savage.
- ~~~After the match, there was a mysterious visitor to Orndorff’s dressing room, Gary Spivey!
- ~~~Psychic Network’s Gary Spivey flooded Orndorff’s head with positive encouragement.
- ~~~The “Mr Wonderful” gimmick was reborn and exagerated more than it had ever been.
- ~~~Mr Wonderful brought a mirror to the ring so he could admire himself before and after his match.
- August 4, 1995 WCW Clash of Champions: Renegade defeated Paul Orndorff to retain the WCW Television Title.
- August 29, 1995: Paul and Vader are involved in a locker room altercation which ultimately led to Vader’s firing.
- September 18, 1995 WCW Nitro: Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff defeated Johnny B. Badd (Marc Mero).
- Halloween Havoc 1995: Paul Orndorff defeated the Renegade (who had lost the TV title by then) in a non-televised match.
- World War III 1995: Paul Orndorff competed in the 60-man battle royal and was eliminated by non-other than Hulk Hogan!
World Championship Wrestling – Retirement Storyline:
- December 11, 1995 – Nitro: Paul Orndorff defeated Disco Inferno but was brutally attacked by The Four Horsemen!
- ~~~Brian Pillman insulted Paul Orndorff’s allegance with Psychic Network’s Gary Spivey.
- ~~~Arn Anderson and Ric Flair executed a spiked piledriver on Paul Orndorff off the Nitro stage.
- ~~~Orndorff emerged weeks later sporting a neckbrace and made several non-wrestling appearances.
- Starrcade 1995: Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage was made more interesting by Paul Orndorff appearance but he did not get involved.
- Clash of the Champions: Paul Orndorff gave an interview about the extent of his injuries.
- February 5, 1996 – Nitro: Brian Pillman and Arn Anderson had a backstage brawl with Kevin Sullivan and Hugh Morrus.
- ~~~Suddenly, “The Loose Cannon” Brian Pillman was struck from behind by a broom handle!
- ~~~Moments later, Orndorff made a brief appearance at the announcers’ booth, carrying a broken broom handle!
World Championship Wrestling – Trainer:
- 1996-2000: Paul Orndorff became a trainer at the WCW Power Plant facility in Altanta, Georgia.
- ~~~Orndorff trained such wrestlers as Goldberg, O’Haire, Jindrak, Sanders, Palumbo, Midnight, and others.
- 2000: The “Powers that Be” decided to punish Paul Orndorff for being such a successful teacher (storyline).
- They demanded that he come out of retirement and wrestle in a handicap match against Creative Control (Harris Twins).
- ~~~Paul Orndorff was defeated by Creative Control by DQ when Arn Anderson and Larry Zbyszko interfered.
- Fall Brawl 2000: Paul Orndorff and the Filthy Animals vs. The Natural Born Thrillers was ruled a NO CONTEST.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff used his piledriver on several of the NBT, but suffered a serious (legitimate) injury on the last one.
- ~~~Paul Orndorff was diagnosed with a temporary nerve injury (aka a “stinger”) and fortunately recovered in time.
WWE Hall of Fame – Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff:
- April 2, 2005 – Hall of Fame Ceremony: Paul Orndorff was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame along with 6 others in Los Angeles.
- February 25, 2006 – Conneticut Championship Wrestling: Paul Roma and Paul Orndorff (aka Pretty Wonderful) had a public reunion.
- November 17, 2006 – National Wrestling Superstars: The TV Clown w/ Paul Orndorff defeated Salvatore Sincere.
- January 5, 2011: Paul Orndorff (aged 61) revealed in an interview that he has been diagnosed with cancer.