Over the years, promotions in the Philadelphia area ranging from the family-friendly United Wrestling Coalition to the hardcore-themed Combat Zone Wrestling, to independents of various sizes and types throughout the United States and Canada hold them. If you’re a independent wrestling promotion, and you HAVEN’T thought of doing a charity-themed holiday show to give back to your community….time to start planning.
* Ring Wars Carolina has a fundraiser for the Lumberton, NC food bank on their “RWC Homecoming” show on November 5.
* Dalton Championship Wrestling returns on Saturday November 12
at the Dalton Rec Center, 904 Civic Drive, Dalton GA. (Doors open 6:30 pm
/7:00 pm bell time) in a benefit for Toys For Tots and the Dalton food bank. Admission JUST $5 or bring an new, unwrapped toy or a canned food donation and get in for FREE! All proceeds go to Toys For Tots and The Dalton Food Bank. You can reserve your front row seats NOW by calling 770-906-8205
* Cross Roads Wrestling returns on November 19 to Riverside, NJ at 300 Rancocas Avenue, for “Fastlane to Pain”, which will serve as a fundraiser for Ben Miller and a canned food drive for the Bread of Life Food Pantry. Ben is a local boy from Riverside NJ who has multiple disabilities, and recently competed in the Special Olympics at Rowan University.
* Primal Conflict Wrestling will be doing its annual food drive at “A Night To Remember X” on November 19 in Harpers Ferry, WV…
* All Star Wrestling/West Virginia returns to Madison, WV on Black Friday (November 25th) at ASW Black Friday Holiday Havoc. Santa will be taking donations for Toys for Tots.
* Vancouver Island Pro Wrestling presents “Headlocks for Hunger” on November 26 at the Departure Bay Activity Center in Nanaimo, BC, VIPW will be collecting for the local Loaves and Fishes food bank. With each 3 pieces of non perishable food items you will receive a ticket for the draw of our basket put together by our local partners! Including 2 tickets to every VIPW event for 1 year.
* MCW Pro Wrestling will hold “Seasons Beatings” on Saturday December 3 (moved from the usual post-Christmas week to tie in with Toys for Tots) as a Toys for Tots show.
* Crossfire Wrestling returns to the Merritton Community Centre 7 Park Avenue St. Catharines, ON for “JINGLE BELL BRAWL V” Saturday December 3rd, 2016 5pm Bell Time with a special Double Main Event. Partial Proceeds will go to The Niagara Peninsula Children’s Foundation.
* NWA Texoma presents a benefit show for House of Hope- Blossom on December 3
at the Blossom Elementary School in Blossom, TX.
* American Premier Wrestling in Statesboro, GA presents BRAWL 25, a Toys for Tots show at the Statesboro STEAM Academy, Statesboro, GA on December 3.
* Pure Wrestling Association presents “Spirit of the Season” on December 3 at the Alpine Club in Kitchener, Ontario. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy and PWA will give you two colour posters.
* The Delaware/South Jersey based East Coast Wrestling Alliance already has Toys for Tots V scheduled for December 3 at the Woodbury Heights Community Center, Woodbury, NJ.
* Brew City Wrestling will run its annual Headlock for Hunger on December 9 at the Columbus Club of West Allis – 1800 S. 92nd St. in West Allis, WI . The show features a food drive for the Hunger Task Force of Greater Milwaukee. Fans are asked to bring two nonperishable food items.
* Live Pro Wrestling comes to the Knights of Columbus, 222 Queenston Road, Hamilton, ON on Friday, December 9 to benefit Caleb Davies, a local boy with Schwartz-Jampel syndrome.
* The originator of Toys for Tots in the Delaware Valley area, United Wrestling Coalition, presents its annual Toys for Tots show on December 10 in Wrightstown, NJ. In the nearly 20 years they have held these shows, UWC has collected well over 18,000 toys for the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots campaign.
* Dynamite Championship Wrestling presents Chairs, Ladders, & Toys for Tots on December 10 at the Milford Community Center, 105 NE Front St, Milford, DE .
* DJ Hyde has agreed, and tentative plans are underway, for the annual Toys for Tots collection (in conjunction with the Marine Corps Reserve) to take place for the twelfth year in a row with Combat Zone Wrestling’s 18th annual Cage of Death on December 10 at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ. Details to come.
* Chinlock Wrestling comes to Kingston Gospel Temple, 2295 Princess Street, Kingston, ON on Saturday, December 17
(7;00 pm bell time) with a night of professional wrestling in support of Kingston Youth Diversion, other local charities.
* Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling presents its annual Wrestling For Hunger show in Port Coquitlam, BC on December 17 at the Elks Hall #49, 2272 Leigh Square, Port Coquitlam, BC. 7:30 pm bell time (doors open at 7:00 pm)
* Insane Wrestling Alliance presents Santa Slam II on December 17th at The American Legion Post 250 Middleburg , FL. The promotion seeks to surpass its total of 135 toys collected in 2015.
* Wrestling for a Cause has a December 17 show scheduled. Charity to be benefitted to come.
Until next time….