Wrestling Professor Quiz #4 (Monday, June 27, 2005)
This Quiz was created by The Wrestling Professor from ArmpitWrestling.com..
This Contest is NOW CLOSED and will be archived for the purposes of simple fun.
Answers can be found BELOW. Good Luck.
1. So many PPVs, so little time. Vince McMahon's biggest success, or at least one of them, is being perhaps the first person to make real money on PPV. What was the first PPV WWE ever broadcasted?
2. Which of the following has NOT ever aired a PPV in the United States? (Hint: This promotion's matches are very much critically acclaimed, which eliminates several choices here.)
B. Heroes of Wrestling
H. All Japan Women
I. New Japan (in conjunction with WCW)
3. Which celebrity has never appeared on a WWE PPV? (Hint: the correct answer is someone who HAS appeared on a WWF broadcast, but not on PPV)
A. Lennox Lewis
B. Mike Tyson
C. James "Buster" Douglas
D. Lawrence Taylor
E. Mr. T
4. This is an SAT-like analogy question. Pick the PPV and the "theme" it is associated with. WWE Survivor Series is to elimination tag team matches, as:
A. Heroes of Wrestling is to young, up-and-coming rookies
B. WCW Road Wild is to suit-and-tie spectators
C. WCW Slamboree is to honoring legends
5. Finally, the PPV that really put WWE on the map was WrestleMania 3. We're talking HUGE success and groundbreaking production. The main event was Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant for the WWE title. WWE billed it as the first ever match between Hulk and Andre. They also billed Andre as undefeated in 15 years. But was that true, or typical WWE hype? Choose the correct statement:
A. It WAS their 1st match and Andre WAS undefeated
B. It WAS their 1st match, but Andre WAS NOT undefeated
C. It WAS NOT their 1st match, but Andre WAS undefeated
D. It WAS NOT their 1st match, and Andre WAS NOT undefeated
-The first ever PPV broadcast was the WWF Wrestling Classic in 1985. Some of you said WrestleMania 1 was aired on PPV in limited test markets, which is probably true.
-Of all the promotions listed, All Japan Women never aired a PPV in this country. Compilation clips on other PPVs don't count.
-The celebrity who never appeared on a WWE PPV was James "Buster" Douglas, though he did appear on the 1990 WWF NBC Main Event.
-WWE Survivor Series is to elimination tag team matches as WCW Slamboree is to honoring legends.
-At WrestleMania 3, the Andre-Hogan match WAS NOT their 1st match, and Andre WAS NOT undefeated.
The Wrestling Professor