Wrestling Professor Quiz #11 (Monday, August 15, 2005)
This Quiz was created by The Wrestling Professor from ArmpitWrestling.com..
This Contest is NOW CLOSED and will be archived for the purposes of simple fun.
Answers can be found BELOW. Good Luck.
1. The crowd lit up like wildfire after Davey Boy Smith pinned Bret Hart for the IC title at SummerSlam '92. The match has become so legendary since then that most people forget about the WWF world title match that happened on the same card. Who wrestled that night for the WWF world title?
2. One of the biggest pops in history was when Sting won his first world title in historic Baltimore at the Great American Bash in 1990 from Ric Flair. Sting would've gotten the title earlier, but the Sting-Flair match was delayed for months. What happened earlier that year that caused that match to be delayed until the summer?
3. Hulk Hogan received an unbelievably huge pop at WrestleManias 18 and 21. What was Hogan's last PPV match before he left WWF in 1993?
4. Possibly the peak moment for WCW was when Bill Goldberg defeated Hulk Hogan for the WCW title before a sold out crowd of 35,000+ at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. After that, they blew it. What man eventually ended Goldberg's winning streak?
5. Ahh, the summer days of 1988. The WWF booking back then was so simple and so effective. One of the slowest counts in history was Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage's victory over Ted DiBiase & Andre the Giant at SummerSlam '88. Who referee'd that match, and why was the count so slow?
6. Another huge Hogan pop was his legdrop victory over Andre the Giant at WrestleMania 3. Joey Marella refereed that match, and Andre accused him of a slow-count early in the match. How did Joey Marella die, and who was Joey's father?
7. One of Ric Flair's shining moments was his hometown victory over Big Van Vader in Charlotte, NC at Starrcade '93. The pop was so huge it brought tears to his eyes. What famous NBA star was WCW shockingly able to get to do a babyface pro-Flair promo vignette hyping the match in the preceding weeks?
8. Chris Jericho made one of the most spectacular Raw debuts in WWF history back in 1999. During his promo with Rock, what WCW cruiserweight wrestler did Rock mention when goofing on Jericho's previous career highlights?
9. The night that turned the fortunes of WCW was the Bash at the Beach '96, one of the most memorable PPV's of all-time. Hogan turned heel on Sting and Savage and formed the nWo in the most heated angle in years. How did the audience dangerously react to that angle and promo; crowd behavior that later became a staple of the last 3 minutes on Nitro for years to come?
10. Speaking of huge pops, Sting got them for years after the bookers decided to make him descend from the ceiling and never do interviews. After Sting landed in the ring at the end of every Nitro, what foreign object would he use to destroy all the nWo guys?
-Randy Savage faced Ultimate Warrior for the world title at SummerSlam '92.
-Sting had to wait until the summer of 1990 to wrestle Flair due to his injured knee.
-Hogan's last PPV match in 1993 for WWE was against Yokozuna at King of the Ring.
-Kevin Nash eventually ended Goldberg's winning streak.
-Jesse Ventura referee'd SummerSlam '88, and his 3-count was slow because of the storyline that perhaps DiBiase had paid him off to not let Hogan and Savage win.
-Joey Marella tragically died in a car crash. Marella was Gorilla Monsoon's son.
-Charles Barkley did a promo for Flair in the weeks building up to Starrcade '93.
-Rock made fun of Jericho for feuding with some "guy named Juventud" Guerrera.
-The audience threw trash into the ring at the end of Bash at the Beach '96.
-Sting used a baseball bat when he descended to the ring on Nitro.
The Wrestling Professor