Wrestling Professor Quiz #35 (Monday, February 6, 2006)
This Quiz was created by The Wrestling Professor from ArmpitWrestling.com..
This Contest is NOW CLOSED and will be archived for the purposes of simple fun.
Answers can be found BELOW. Good Luck.
1. One of the most well known tournaments to those of us who grew up in the 80s was the WrestleMania 4 tournament to crown a new champion. Randy Savage won the title that night, capping off a horrible show that went head to head with a kick-ass Clash of the Champions on free television. On that PPV, whom did Hulk Hogan wrestle?
2. The other major tournament of the 80s was the Crockett Cup in the NWA. The year was 1988; what two guys (and best friends later in life) won the tourney that year?
3. Which of the following featured an international tag team tournament?
A. Starrcade '90
B. Starrcade '89
C. Starrcade '88
D. Starrcade '87
4. In WCW's dark days in 1992, there was an NWA tag team tournament on a Clash of the Champions special. Some future stars were in that tourney, including Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko. Who won that tournament?
5. In the tournament mentioned in #4, whom did the winners defeat in the finals?
6. Here's a question very similar to something I asked a few weeks ago, just to see if you're paying attention. Who won the WCW King of Cable tournament in 1992?
7. Another famous WWE tournament is the King of the Ring. KOTR debuted on PPV in 1993, and was won by whom?
8. In the tournament mentioned in #7, whom did the winner defeat in the finals?
9. Would you believe the Bushwhackers had a ****+ match at the 1986 Crockett Cup? But they weren't called the Bushwhackers back then, of course. What were they called?
-At WM4, Hogan wrestled Andre the Giant.
-Sting and Lex Luger won the Crockett Cup in 1988. I think Bill Apter and PWI had an orgasm over that one when it happened.
-The international tag team tournament was held at Starrcade 1990
-The 1992 NWA tag team tourney was won by Steve Williams and Terry Gordy.
-They beat Dustin Rhodes and Barry Windham in the finals, held at GAB '92.
-Sting won the King of Cable tournament.
-KOTR '93 was won by Bret Hart.
-Bret beat Bam Bam Bigelow in the KOTR finals.
-Bushwhackers were the Sheepherders.
The Wrestling Professor