‘Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Memories’ is now available from Crowbar Press!
Mike Mooneyham, a columnist with the Charleston, S.C. Post and Courier since 1979, sat down with 30 professional wrestling legends and compiled this remarkable series of articles about their careers. Profiles include behind-the-scenes stories told by each of the superstars and more than 150 rare photographs to illustrate them.
Each of the legends tells how they got into pro wrestling and how they eventually found their way to the Charlotte territory, which, in the era of the territories, was considered by the wrestlers to be “the place to wrestle” and “the Mecca of pro wrestling” by the wrestling fans.
Just a few of the topics included:
- The story behind the Magnum T.A.–Tully Blanchard feud
- Dusty Rhodes’ jealousy of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express
- Why Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express gave their notice to booker George Scott
- How Gene, Lars and Ole Anderson got together to form the Minnesota Wrecking Crew
- Fans cutting the top off the Assassin’s Olds convertible and threatening to lynch them in a small, southern town
- Johnny Powers going against the established promoters with his own promotion
- And much, much more.
This book will both entertain and educate the reader on the lives of the stars, the inner workings of the pro wrestling business, and the history of the territory known as the Mid-Atlantic and told by those who experienced it.
This is a first edition of “Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Memories.” It includes 183 photos, both classic and current, of everyone featured in the book.