Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) of the Score Television Network and the Baltimore Sun recently spoke with current WWE Champion CM Punk about the upcoming WWE ’13 video game, his ‘Hell in a Cell’ opponent, what he’d still like to accomplish in WWE and more.
Here are the highlights:
On his ‘Hell in a Cell’ opponent Ryback and whether he’s suprised to face him.
“I’m glad actually. I think you take a look at Ryback and he’s your typical WWE wrestler. He’s what Vince McMahon likes. But conversely, my choice was John Cena or Ryback; Cena’s had shot after shot after shot. To me, the ‘change’ I talked about a year and a half ago was about new people stepping up and getting shots, so I’m excited. Its something new, its something different and I can sink my teeth into it.”
Other topics include:
- On whether the rivalry between himself and John Cena will be the one that sticks out the most in his career.
- On a possible match with the Rock at the Royal Rumble and whether it could be the biggest match of his career.
- On early retirement and what he feels he has left to accomplish in WWE
- Being on the cover of WWE ’13
- The ‘Madden Curse’ and being superstitous
- Which wrestlers he models himself after in the ring
- How he re-invents himself as a Superstar and WWE Champion
Full interview: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/pro-wrestling/ring-posts-blog/bal-wwe-13-game-release-signals-milestone-for-cm-punk-20121023,0,6990651.story