Ohio Valley Wrestling Show - "Fall Brawl" 2 Hour Special
September 4, 2002 - Louisville, KY - NEW Davis Arena Debut show
- DARK MATCH: Johnny Jeter & David Flair def Chris Cage & Mark Magnus..
- IN THE RING: Jim Ross & Jim Cornette + The Revolution + Brock Lesnar + Chris Benoit.
- Jim Ross' music hit and he joined Jim Cornette in the ring to a great ovation.
- Jim Ross opened off by stating that Brock Lesnar would not wrestle tonight due to an injury..
- Jim says the injury happened on Smackdown! at the hands of the Undertaker..
- The Revolution, consisting of Doug Basham, Damaja, Victoria, Johnny Spade & Jackie Gayda..
- The Revoldution made their entrance to the ring..
- Damaja got on the mic running down the fact that Lesnar was too scared to wrestle Basham.
- Basham then got on the mic claiming he was getting screwed..
- Basham said he would trade his life for the opportunity to wrestle for the Undisputed World Title..
- Brock Lesnar came out, to a very favorable reaction as the crowd chanted "Brock"..
- Brock claimed he was not a coward and that it was a serious injury.
- Cornette then went on to tell Basham that he would indeed be wrestling in the main event..
- Cornette informed Basham that his opponent would be the "Rabid Wolverine" Chris Benoit!
- Benoit made his way to the ring..
- Benoit got on the mic and assured that he was going beat Basham in the main event.
- MATCH: Charlie Haas defeated Chris Nowinski..
- MATCH Damaja w/Victoria def Randy Orton..
- Victoria then managed to make her way to the ring apron and distract the referee..
- Jackie Gayda hit Orton with a low blow!
- Damajagets the pinfall victory..
- IN THE RING: Jim Cornette & Bolin Services.
- Bolin Services = John Cena, Sean O'Haire, Kenny Bolin & Jerome Croney.
- Cornette remembers when Bolin claimed he's be on Smackdown! with John Cena.. But that didn't happen.
- Bolin claimed it's because his plane tickets and other transportation were canceled by Cena.
- Cena claimed that it was because Bolin was too large to be in the WWE.
- Cena said Bolin needed to drop around 150 lbs..
- Cena claimed that Bolin looked like "50 pounds of crap in a 10 pound bag".
- Cena then went on to tell Bolin that Cena basically used Bolin's money to get to the WWE..
- Cena said that he no longer need Bolin's Services. .
- Cena said that in his match against Nova tonight, he didn't need Bolin in his corner.
- Cena introduces his new manager, Sean O'Haire!
- The two left the ring leaving Bolin and Croney apparently upset in the ring..
- MATCH: Lance Cade defeats Rico..
- Jerome Croney interfered allowing Cade to get the pinfall!
- After the match Rico stripped Croney to his silk boxers..
- INTERVIEW: Jim Cornette & Sponser + Synn & Seven..
- Jim interviewed a man from a sponsor known as High Power Technical..
- They were interrupted by Synn and Seven who came to the ring for their match.
- Synn claimed that noone cared about the sponsor and that everyone in attendance came to see Seven.
- TAG MATCH: Matt Morgan & Mark Henry def Seven & Travis Bain..
- Seven asked for the test of strength with the Mark Henry..
- Seven hit a cheap kick to the stomach of Henry!
- Eventually Morgan gained the pinfall and the win.
- IN THE RING: Jim Cornett & Tom Pritchard + Redd Dogg & Shelton Benjamin..
- Pritchard made the announcement that the WWE wanted to offer Shelton a full time deal..
- Pritchard made it clear that the WWE was only interested in Shelton and not Redd Dogg..
- This upset Redd Dogg.
- Benjamin claimed that he would accept the deal and come to OVW part-time to help defend the belts.
- Redd Dogg took obvious offense to this, in that Shelton wouldn't be around all the time..
- Prichard basically told Shelton that the chances of the deal still being available were decreasing by the minute.
- MATCH: Mark Jindrak def Sean O'Haire..
- TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Shelton Benjamin & Redd Dogg def Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway.
- Late in the match, Flash and Trash then made their way to the commentator's booth..
- Dogg was knocked to the outside after bumping into Dinsmore in the ring.
- Redd Dogg then grabbed a chair as the ref was distracted and laid Dinsmore out!
- Redd Dogg gained the three count and the win, recieving boos from the Davis Arena crowd..
- Shelton was upset with how he retained the titles.
- RINGSIDE: Jim Ross & Jim Cornette.
Jim Ross joined Jim Cornette at ringside for commentary for the rest of the show.
- OVW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Nova w/Big Bossman def John Cena w/Sean O'Haire..
- Nova introduced his cornerman, Big Bossman, to keep an eye on O'Haire..
- Eventually Sean O'Haire tried to interfere in the match, but Bossman stormed over..
- Bossman took him down with hard punches to the face..
- While the ref was distracted with this, Prototype managed to take the wind out of Nova..
- Kenny "the King" Bolin made his way to the ring, briefcase in hand..
- Bolin took a swing at Nova! Nova moved out of the way..
- Bolin hesitated for a moment, but apparently said "the hell with it" and hit Cena with it!
- Nova made the cover and retain his Heavyweight Title.
- TV MAIN EVENT: Doug "Machine" Basham w/Victoria vs. Chris Benoit..
- Victoria got on the ring apron and distracted Benoit, as she jumped down..
- Benoit turned around, she tripped him up allowing Basham to pull off a swinging neck breaker!
- Basham dominated Benoit most of the match..
- Benoit eventually rallied back delivering many loud chops to Basham's chest..
- Benoit tried eight more chops in a row, but Basham managed to counter with a quick russian leg sweep.
- Basham went to the top rope for his diving head butt, but missed as Benoit moved..
- Benoit then hit his diving headbutt!
- Before Benoit could do anything else Victoria came up on the ring apron.
- Briskoe decided he had enough, and left his refereeing duties to attack Victoria!
- Other Revolution members tried to attack Benoit, but Dinsmore and Conway ran in to stop them.
- Eventually Benoit pulled off the German Suplex, and gained the three count!
- And that's a wrap...
If you attend a OVW events, or any other wrestling show for that matter, we would love to from you;
Send in your results, you recaps, opinions and thoughts on the show you paid your hard earned money on..
Please send to this address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go Back To OVW History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.