WWE RAW RESULTS
January 3, 2005|
Uniondale, New York - Nassau Coliseum
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- INTERNATIONAL HEAT TAPINGS:
- Chris Masters defeated Christopher Cage -dark match-..
- Simon Dean defeated Val Venis..
- The Hurricane & Rosey defeated Slyck Wagner Brown & Johnny Heartbreaker..
- Rhyno defeated Danny Doring..
- Tajiri defeated Steven Richards..
- KICKOFF: Eric Bischoff (Holding the World Heavyweight title belt)..
- Eric Bischoff books Chris Benoit vs Batista and Edge vs Chris Jericho and Triple H vs Randy Orton..
- MATCH: Chris Benoit vs Batista..
- Batista managed to power his way out of the Crippler Crossface and pinned Chris Benoit after a Demon-bomb!
- BACKSTAGE: Ric Flair & Triple H & Batista..
- Ric Flair yells and celebrates Batista's impressive victory in the ring..
- Ric Flair talks about how Batista will destroy everyone and help Triple H recapture the World title!
- Batista comes in and reminds Triple H that he owes him $100 from their bet last week and he wants it now..
- Triple H tells Ric Flair to give Batista a $100 but Batista says he wants Triple H to give it to him..
- Triple H reaches into his back and hands the $100 over but Batista says "Relax, I'm just kidding!"
- INTERVIEW: Maria & Gene Snitsky..
- Gene Snitsky says that he's surprised that Kane would ever come back after what he did to him..
- Gene Snitsky whispers something in Maria's ear and she runs away crying..
- Gene Snitsky says whatever happens tonight, it will not be HIS fault!
- BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & Edge..
- Edge complains to Eric Bischoff about making Shawn Michaels the special guest referee for the Chamber..
- Edge says he cost HBK the World title at Taboo Tuesday so he's probably going to screw him out of the title now!
- Eric Bischoff says that Edge cost him revenue by attacking Shawn Michaels and adding 4 weeks to his recovery time..
- MATCH: Edge vs Chris Jericho..
- Edge pinned Chris Jericho after a long match while using the ropes for leverage!
- INTERVIEW: The Coach & Randy Orton..
- Randy Orton says it's the first chance he has to face Triple H 1-on-1 on RAW since he lost the World title..
- Randy Orton says in 2004, Triple H took everything from him, but in 2005, he'll take everything from Triple H..
- NON (IC) TITLE MATCH: Shelton Benjamin vs Sylvain Grenier w/Rob Conway..
- Maven joined JR & The King on commentary and challenged Shelton Benjamin to a IC title match at the PPV..
- Shelton Benjamin wins..
- DEBATE: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler vs Muhammad Hassan & Khosrow Daivari..
- Muhammad Hassan says when 9/11 happened, the American's used it as an excuse to discriminate Arabs..
- Muhammad Hassan says if they were 'up the road' at Times Square, they would be treated poorly by NYers..
- Jerry Lawler admits that there are racists in America, but there are racists and idiots in every country..
- Jerry Lawler says he didn't mind Hassan expressing his opinions, but insulting the US troops is unacceptable..
- Jerry Lawler says the fans hate Hassan & Daivari because they are obnoxious jackasses -- not because they're racist..
- Muhammad Hassan says he is embarassed by Arab-Americans, for hiding their heritage, and not embracing it..
- Muhammad Hassan tells Jim Ross that he (Hassan) is as American as apple pie..
- Muhammad Hassan accuses Jim Ross of talking the talk, but always backs down when he's face to face..
- Jim Ross says America is not a perfect place, but no country is..
- Jim Ross says when Hassan bad-mouths the American troops, they can "Love it, or Leave it!"
- Muhammad Hassan sucker-punched Jim Ross and double-teamed Jerry Lawler and then choked JR with his belt!
- Jerry Lawler (bloodied) stumbled into the ring with his belt trying to help his broadcast partner..
- Muhammad Hassan & Khosrow Daivari backed down and laughed as the exited the area..
- After the break, The Coach took over the announcing duties as JR & The King were being looked over..
- DIVAS MATCH: Trish Stratus vs Victoria..
- Trish Stratus pinned Victoria after nailing a chick-kick to the back of the head..
- IN THE RING: Trish Stratus + Lita + Gene Snitsky + KANE!
- Trish Stratus took the microphone and warned Lita tha that was what would happen to her at New Year's Revolution..
- LIta came down and the two women exchanged punches to the face and stomach..
- Suddenly Kane's pyro hit and there was an explosion on the stage distracting them momentarily..
- Gene Snitsky ran down and pulled Lita off and held her so that Trish could chick-kick her in the head!
- Gene Snitsky wrapped a steel chair around Lita's neck but KANE RETURNED TO RAW TO MAKE THE SAVE!!!!
- Gene Snitsky jumped out of the ring and went right after Kane, who quickly got the upper hand!
- Gene Snitsky fell over the rail and escaped by running through the crowd..
- Kane then entered the ring and helped Lita (his wife) to her feet..
- BACKSTAGE: Christy Hemme & Eugene Dinsmore + William Regal..
- Eugene Dinsmore tells Christy Hemme that she has pretty red hair like Lindsey Lohan..
- Eugene Dinsmore starts singing a song from his CD player for Christy Hemme..
- William Regal comes in and sends Eugene off to get prepared and Christy Hemme offers to help..
- Wiliiam Regal picks up the CD player and starts to sing along with the music..
- Eugene & Christy come back and catch Regal in the act!
- MATCH: Eugene Dinsmore w/William Regal vs Christian w/Tyson Tomko..
- William Regal & Tyson Tomko got into it outside the ring and Regal ended up with a bloody nose..
- Christian wins..
- BACKSTAGE: Evolution (Triple H & Ric Flair & Batista)..
- Triple H says at New Year's Revolution, he's going to need Batista as backup, but not tonight..
- Batista agrees to hang out backstage and watch Triple H do his thing -- unless Orton starts kicking his ass..
- ARENA: Jim Ross rejoins The Coach at the announce position and says this Sunday will be a different story..
- MAIN EVENT: Triple H w/Ric Flair vs Randy Orton..
- The referee got knocked out, and Ric Flair slid the ring bell into the ring..
- Triple H tried to use it, but Randy Orton kicked him and got the ring bell and whacked Triple H!
- Batista ran down and tackled Randy Orton, then Chris Benoit showed up and attacked Batista!
- Shawn MIchaels ran down to check on the referee, followed by Edge setting up for the SPEAR!
- Chris Jericho intercepted the spear of Edge and then dove over the top onto Batista, Benoit & Flair!
- Triple H got in Shawn Michaels' face, and then counted the RKO!
- Randy Orton then countered the Pedigree and eventually nailed an RKO for the pin!!!!!!!
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To RAW History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.