WWE RAW RESULTS
August 22, 2005|
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler & The Coach
- HEAT TAPINGS:
- The Damaja defeated ????? -dark match-..
- Tyson Tomko defeated ????? (Rene Dupree joined commentary scouting for a new tag team partner)..
- Val Venis defeated Heart Throb Antonio w/Romeo..
- Matt Striker defeated Russell Simpson..
- The Hurricane defeated Johnny Parisi..
- Kerwin White defeated Tajiri..
- IN THE RING: Shawn Michaels + Chris Masters..
- Highlights were shown of Summerslam uncluding the memorable handshake between Shawn Michaels & Hulk Hogan!
- Shawn Michaels said it hurt him to admit it, but last night at Summerslam Hulk Hogan was the better man..
- Shawn Michaels put over Hulk Hogans performance and said even the evil Shawn Michaels fell to the vicious leg drop!
- Shawn Michaels said Hulk Hogan is now on a jet back to Florida while he (Michaels) is there for the fans!
- In a truly unexpected twist, Chris Masters showed up to interrupt Shawn Michaels' speech in the ring..
- Chris Masters stepped up to Shawn Michaels and flexed his pecs, causing Michaels to smirk with amazement..
- Chris Masters said he used to watch Shawn Michaels as a kid and asked when Shawn Michaels was going to give it up?
- Chris Masters said it's guys like Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan don't know how to pass the torch to new wrestlers..
- Shawn Michaels said he appreciates what Chris Masters is doing but asked not to group him with Hulk Hogan..
- Chris Masters said he's not trying to steal the spotlight, he going to take it! (Followed by some flexing)
- Shawn Michaels said explained that there was a pecking order, or a ladder, with HBK on top of the ladder..
- Shawn Michaels said at the top of the ladder the air is thin and it gets a little hard to breath..
- Shawn Michaels says he knows where Chris Masters is coming from and slapped him and brawled until Masters bailed..
- The crowd errupted with chants of "HBK! HBK! HBK!" thus completing the turn back to being a babyface..
- BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & Chris Jericho..
- Chris Jericho said he had John Cena beat last night and he just got lucky by retaining his WWE title..
- Eric Bischoff said Chris Jericho deserves to be WWE champion and he'll get a rematch tonight live on RAW!
- Eric Bischoff adds that it will be the first ever "You're Fired!" match where he will "fire" the loser..
- Eric Bischoff & Chris Jericho celebrated the (not so) billiant plan with multiple hugs..
- MATCH: Kurt Angle vs Shelton Benjamin..
- Kurt Angle came out without his Gold medels and no goofy antics - straight forward and serious!
- After a brutal match with Angle taking some stiff bumps, Kurt Angle scored the victory over his former student..
- Kurt Angle got a chair and stood on it while the referee put his Gold medels around his neck...
- PROMO: Kerwin White..
- Kerwin White cut a backstage (taped) promo saying that he represents middle-class America..
- Kerwin White singles out Shelton Benjamin, saying he won't amount to anything because he is "not white"..
- BACKSTAGE: Maria Kanellis & Gene Snitsky + The Big Show..
- Maria Kanellis was tightening her shoe straps when Gene Snitsky showed up to admire her feet..
- Gene Snitsky did the "the little piggy" routine until The Big Show showed up and called Snitsky a PERVERT!
- MATCH: Matt Hardy vs Rob Conway..
- Before the match could get started, Edge & Lita came out to the stage distracting Matt Hardy in the ring..
- Edge & Lita joined Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler & The Coach at the announce position (actually sat ON the table)..
- Rob Conway managed to pin the injured and emotionally detached Matt Hardy..
- Edge went to the ring after the match and further assulted Matt Hardy..
- Matt Hardy fought back and the brawl continued with Edge kicking the ring steps into Hardy's skull!
- CARLITOS CABANA: Carlito Cool & Ric Flair..
- Carlito Cool introduced possibly the greated guest ever on the Cabana..... The Nature Boy Ric Flair!
- Carlito Cool asked Ric Flair what the deal is with all that "wooooo!" stuff, stating that woooing is not cool!
- Carlito Cool reminises about Ric Flair's great battles in Puerto Rico against Carlito's father Carlos Colon..
- Carlito Cool said his father always said Flair wasn't that great, and now he can see that he was right..
- Carlito Cool said that Ric Flair lost the World title 16 times, but Carlito happens to be a 1-time IC champion!
- Ric Flair fired back with some insults and attacked Carlito and repeatedly slapped Carlito's chest with chops!
- Ric Flair eliminated Carlito Cool from the ring and bounced off the ropes and elbows his jacket on the mat!
- MATCH: The Big Show defeated Gene Snitsky by Count Out when Snitsky walked out (ran away)..
- BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & John Cena..
- Eric Bischoff tells John Cena to treasure these moments because it's his last night as WWE champion..
- VIGNETTE: Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch are coming to the WWE (with Texas redneck gimmick)..
- IN THE RING: Torrie Wilson & Candice Michelle + Ashley Massaro..
- Torrie Wilson & Candice Michelle came out and announced that they were traded to RAW by Theodore Long..
- Torrie Wilson & Candice Michelle said that both of them have surprises up their sleeves for the fans..
- Torrie Wilson introduced the 2005 RAW DivaSearch winner --- Ashley Massaro!!
- Ashley Massaro said it was an honor to follow in the footsteps of Christy and be in the ring with Torrie & Candice..
- Ashley Massaro thanked the fans and promised to return the favour in the WWE..
- Torrie Wilson & Candice Michelle suddenly turned heel attacked Ashley Massaro and walked out..
- INTERVIEW: Todd Grisham & Chris Jericho..
- WWE TITLE "YOU'RE FIRED" MATCH: John Cena vs Chris Jericho..
- Eric Bischoff came down to ringside with a team of security guards behind him to "observe" the match..
- Eric Bischoff interfered and John Cena went after him, so Bischoff defended himself by low-blowing Cena!
- Late in the match, Chris Jericho had John Cena in the Walls of Jericho and Bischoff held the ropes back..
- Chris Jericho dragged John Cena back into the center of the ring, but didn't have it locked in good..
- John Cena desperately crawled to the ropes and finally broke the hold to the dismay of Jericho..
- John Cena lifted Chris Jericho into the FU and stumbled around the ring before dropping him to the mat!
- John Cena, selling his back injury, crawled over and covered Jericho but only got a 2-count..
- Eric Bischoff handed Chris Jericho a set of brass knux and distracted the referee on the side..
- Chris Jericho stood up and punched John Cena in the forehead knocking him flat on the mat!
- Chris Jericho covered John Cena, who miraculously kicked out after 2, then kicked out again after 2!
- John Cena recovered and pushed Jericho into Eric Bischoff and nailed the FU and pinned him to retain!!!
- Eric Bischoff yelled at Chris Jericho for not getting the job done and proclaimed "You're FIRED!!!"
- Chris Jericho begged like a little girl for Eric Bischoff to reconsider but he was dragged away by security!
- Kurt Angle showed up out of no where and viciously attacked the exausted John Cena and beat him up!
- BONUS MATCH: Shawn Michaels & John Cena beat Kurt Angle & Chris Masters (One of these things just isn't the same)..
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To RAW History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.