WWE RAW RESULTS
May 22, 2006|
Las Vegas, Nevada
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- INTERNET HEAT TAPINGS:
- Matt Striker defeated Shawn Osborne (from IZW)..
- Charlie Haas defeated Rob Conway..
- Victoria defeated Cheerleader Melissa..
- Eugene defeated ??????..
- Carlito Cool defeated Lance Cade..
- KICKOFF: Vince McMahon..
- Vince McMahon said that the only thing that saved Shane last week was his superior genetics..
- Vince McMahon demanded an apology from Triple H or he will unleash swift vengeful retaliation..
- IN THE RING: Mick Foley + Edge w/Lita + Paul Heyman + Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk!..
- Mick Foley came out and said he was still the same guy and that it was still okay for kids to cheer for him..
- Mick Foley said he usually goes for the cheap pop but can't say that it is great to be there in Las Vegas..
- Mick Foley said he cannot respect people who gamble for a quick fix saying they should earn things in their life..
- Mick Foley introduced Edge, who came out with Lita (who was bursting out of her top), and shook Foley's hand..
- Mick Foley said that they will not apologize for having the greatest hardcore match in the history of wrestling..
- Mick Foley said Edge embodies everything that is Hardcore and presented him with the old WWF Hardcore title belt..
- Mick Foley said it was given to him as a retirement speech but now Foley is passing it on to Edge who deserves it..
- Edge said Mick Foley was right, everything he's accomplished he has earned, but he does not deserve this belt..
- Edge said that even though he beat Mick Foley's ass at WrestleMania, Foley still deserves to be Hardcore champion..
- Mick Foley disgreed and said he thinks Edge deserves the Hardcore title and hinted around having a match for it..
- The crowd erupted with approval as Foley and Edge played with their heads only to pull the plug on the idea...
- Edge said that he has a better idea and had Lilian Garcia announce them as co-Champions of the Hardcore title..
- Paul Heyman showed up and called Mick Foley a prostitute for being a legend and aligning himself with Edge Lita..
- Paul Heyman said he doesn't care if Mick Foley prostitute's himself but won't let him prostitute ECW..
- Mick Foley asked how Paul Heyman can critisize him when he (Heyman) has nothing; No job, No company etc..
- Paul Heyman said Mick Foley is right be he does have the power to make a challenge for his ECW One Night Stand..
- Paul Heyman challenged Mick Foley & Edge to take on to ECW wrestlers of his choice at ECW One Night Stand..
- Paul Heyman said he was looking in the ring and said Lita is the only one of the three who has any nute..
- Edge & Mick Foley went after Paul Heyman, only to have Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk show up for a big brawl!
- INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Shelton Benjamin defeated Rob Van Dam by Disqualification..
- Shelton Benjamin picked up Rob Van Dam and swung his legs accidentally hitting the referee and injuring his ankle..
- Shelton Benjamin brought the IC belt into the ring but Rob Van Dam kicked the belt knocking Benjamin onto his ass!
- The referee saw this and Disqualified Rob Van Dam, who protested by giving Shelton Benjamin the 5-star frog splash..
- IN THE RING: Vince McMahon + Triple H..
- Vince McMahon called out Triple H and reminded everyone of the last person who stood up to him (Shawn Michaels)..
- Vince McMahon said if he didn't here the two words he wants to hear there would be swift vengeful retaliation..
- Triple H said that works out great, because "I've got two words for ya" crowd cheers, then HHH says "I'm sorry!"..
- Vince McMahon said after The Spirit Squad demolishes Shawn Michaels he will command HHH to come out and crush HBK..
- Vince McMahon said then, and only then, will he accept HHH's apology, and they shook hands with an understanding..
- INTERVIEW: Todd Grisham & Kane..
- Kane said that May 19th was the date when his mother and adopted family were killed in a fire..
- Kane said May 19th is now gone and he has a movie out where he kills lots of people..
- Kane said that the truth is, that he has never been happier..
- NON (WWE) TITLE MATCH: John Cena defeated Chris Masters..
- IN THE RING: John Cena + Rob Van Dam..
- Rob Van Dam came down holding his Money in the Bank briefcase and told Cena to savior is time as WWE Champion..
- Rob Van Dam said he earned his title shot and is not going to waste it on RAW where he'll probably get screwed..
- Rob Van Dam said he would rather do it on his own turf where he is comfortable at One Night Stand on June 11!
- Rob Van Dam slapped John Cena and they started to fight until RVD spin-kicked the briefcase into Cena's face!
- Editor's Notes: Rob Van Dam was acting kinda heel and was booed by the fans (probably piped in over speakers)..
- BACKSTAGE: Carlito Cool & Maria Kanellis + Gene Snitsky + Goldust in drag..
- Carlito Cool and Maria Kanellis making plans to win some money by cheating at playing cards..
- Gene Snitsky was standing around and said he answered an ad and was waiting for a Vegas showgirl to arrive..
- Gene Snitsky approached the (large) show-girl from behind to introduce himself and bent over to rub her feet..
- Gene Snitsky looked up and saw that it was Goldust and this resulted in a semi-awkward moment of wierdness..
- BACKSTAGE: Triple H & Shawn Michaels..
- Shawn Michaels yelled at Triple H for selling his soul to the devil (Vince McMahon)..
- Triple H said all he did was do what he had to do -- Shawn Michaels was disgusted by that..
- MATCH: Kane squashed Trevor Murdoch..
- Trevor Murdoch said he watched See No Evil and The Da Vinci Code and said Tom Hanks was clearly the better actor!
- Kane came down and calmly demolished Trevor Murdoch for the pin and then finished him off with a chokeslam..
- The crowd chanted "One More Time!" as Kane was leaving, so he went back to the ring and chokeslammed him again!
- After that, an animation of Kane's old mask with flames around it came on the screen saying "It's not over.."
- NON (WOMANS) TITLE MATCH: Mickie James defeated Torrie Wilson after a DDT..
- After the match, Trish Stratus came out to the stage and introduced RAW's newest Diva, Beth Phoenix!
- Beth Phoenix snuck up behind Mickie James and attacked her and Beth chased Mickie through the audience..
- IN THE RING: Viscera & Lilian Garcia..
- Viscera said he and Lilian Garcia have had problems before but he is not ready to settle down..
- Lilian Garcia said last time they were in Las Vegas, Viscera dumped her for a bunch of Godfather's Hoes!
- Viscera said if Lilian Garcia goes to a chapel with him tonight he can come home to her home-cooking every day..
- Viscera got down on one knee and asked Lilian Garcia to marry him -- and she looked extremely terrified..
- Armando Alejandro Estrada showed up and said before Lilian answers Umaga was going to destroy Viscera..
- Umaga came out and did exactly that --- he destroyed Viscera!
- FEATURE: Various WWE wrestlers praised the movie :See No Evil: and talked about their favorite parts..
- BACKSTAGE: The Spirit Squad was getting pumped up but Triple H wanted nothing to do with them..
- 5-on-1 HANDICAP MATCH: The Spirit Squad defeated Shawn Michaels..
- The Spirit Squad = Mitch (Nick Mitchell) & Kenny (Doane) & Mikey (Mondo) & Johnny (Jeter) & Nicky (Nemeth)..
- Before the match, Vince McMahon ordered the referee to take the chair away from Shawn Michaels leave the ring..
- The Spirit Squad attacked Shawn Michaels and gave him the High Spirit finisher while Mr. McMahon watched..
- The Spirit Squad members too turns kicking, kneeing, punching, backflipping and decimating Shawn Michaels..
- After a while, Shawn Michaels fought back and dumped a few of them and whacked a few others with a chair!
- It didn't last very long and The Spirit Squad made a comeback and destroyed Shawn Michaels' knee..
- They wrapped Shawn Michael's leg in a folding chair and Kenny did his top rope elbow onto the chair!
- Vince McMahon then ordered Triple H to go to the ring and crush Michaels' head in with the slegehammer!
- Triple H went down and hesitated, so Kenny took the sledgehammer, which impressed Vince McMahon..
- Triple H stood in the way of Kenny and gave him a spinebuster and then beat up the entire Spirit Squad!
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To RAW History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.