WWE RAW RESULTS
April 21, 2008|
Greenville, South Carolina
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- DARK MATCH: Ron Killings (formerly of TNA) defeated Trevor Murdoch..
- IN THE RING: Lilian Garcia says tonight marks the return of the KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT..
- KOTR ROUND #1: Chris Jericho defeated Montel Vontavious Porter by Submission..
- KOTR ROUND #1: C.M. Punk defeated Matt Hardy..
- GIMMICK: They showed a clips of SD! vs. RAW game where they created Hilary Clinton & Barack Obama characters..
- KOTR ROUND #1: Fit Finlay defeated The Great Khali by DQ after Khali wrapped Finlay's knee around the ring post!
- The Big Show came down after the match and The Great Khali circled the ring and backed up the ramp to escape..
- A crew of referees and Hornswoggle had to help Fit Finlay backstage because of his severely injured knee..
- KOTR ROUND #1: William Regal defeated Hornswoggle by Submission with the Regal-stretch..
- General Manager William Regal came out and they announced that his first round opponent would be Hornswoggle!
- Hornswoggle, who was helping Papa Finlay up the ilse, came to the ring and almost immediately lost by Submission..
- Fit Finlay limped back to check on Hornswoggle, only to have his knee assaulted by the callous William Regal..
- IN THE RING: Shawn Michaels + Batista..
- Shawn Michaels said he had one question to ask Batista and asked him to "come on down" to the ring..
- Shawn Michaels asked Batista if it was true that Batista wanted to be the man to wrestle Ric Flair at WrestleMania..
- Batista said he was sick and tired of talking about told Shawn Michaels "At Backlash.... I'm gonna finish this"..
- Shawn Michaels said he is everything Batista says he is - and he will do whatever it takes to win at Backlash..
- Shawn Michaels then told Batista "Good luck... you're gonna need it" - and actually shook hands with Batista..
- Batista grinned and walked past Shawn Michaels, bumping shoulders, and left Michaels standing in the ring..
- ELECTION SPEECH: Hillary Clinton (the REAL Hillary Clinton) cut a promo laced with clever WWE-related comments..
- MATCH: Carlito Cool w/Santino Marella defeated Hardcore Holly w/Cody Rhodes..
- Santino Marella ran his mouth after the match and Cody Rhodes got fired up and kicked them out of the ring!
- PROMO: Triple H cut a promo saying he will emerge from the Elimination match at Backlash as the WWE Champion..
- KOTR SEMI-FINAL: C.M. Punk defeated Chris Jericho to advance to the Finals..
- ELECTION SPEECH: Barack Obama (the REAL Barack Obama) cut a promo and said "Do You Smell What Barack is cookin'?"..
- KOTR SEMI-FINAL: William Regal defeated Fit Finlay by referee stoppage after Regal focused on Finlay's injured knee..
- ELECTION SPEECH: John McCain (the REAL John McCain) cut a promo and said "Finally the Mac has come back to Greenville"..
- John McCain used the "To be the man, ya gotta beat the man" line and "Come November, it will be GAME OVER"..
- The hilarious John McCain added "Watcha gonna do when John McCain and his McCainiacs run wild on you!"
- John McCain cut the longest and best speech with the most wrestling references out of all three candidates..
- PROMO: John Cena cut a promo about the main event Elimination match at Backlash for the WWE Championship..
- PRESIDENTIAL SMACKDOWN: Hillary Clinton w/Bill Clinton vs. Barack Obama ended in a No Contest..
- A Hillary Clinton impersonator came out with a goofy Bill Clinton impersonator to "Real American" music..
- Then a Barack Obama impersonator came out to the Rock's entrance music shaking and slapping fans hands..
- Barack Obama cut a promo on the Clinton's and then yelled "If ya smellelelelelel what Barack is Cookin'!
- The match finally started and they were obviously trained wrestlers and Hillary was played by LEXIE FYFE!
- On the other side of the ring, Sen. Barack Obama was played EWA-CWA independent wrestler Deon Davis..
- Barack Obama hit the Rock Bottom and went for the People's Elbow but was tripped up by Bill Clinton..
- Both presidential candidates were knocked down and suddenly Umaga made his way down to the ring..
- Bill Clinton helped Hillary Clinton into the corner, while Umaga gave Barack Obama the Samoan Spike!
- Bill Clinton got spooked by Umaga's war-cry and retreated while Hillary Clinton a Samoan drop!
- IN THE RING: Maria & Ashley & Michelle & Kelly & Cherry + NEW WWE Women's Champion Mickie James..
- Maria Kanellis led the WWE Divas to the ring to celebrate Mickie James' title victory over Beth Phoenix last week!
- Mickie James came out and thanked the Divas saying it was a perfect example of never give up and never say never..
- Beth Phoenix crashed the party with Melina Perez, Jillian Hall, Victoria and Natalya Neidhart standing behind her..
- Beth Phoenix said the question isn't if she will win the WWE Women's title back, it's WHEN she will win IT back..
- Beth Phoenix insulted Mickie James' crew, and Michelle McCool slapped Beth Phoenix, leading tO DIVA CHAOS!!
- KOTR FINALS: William Regal defeated C.M. Punk by Submission to become the 2008 WWE King of the Ring!!!
- 8-MAN TAG: Edge & Chavo Guerrero & JBL & Randy Orton defeated The Undertaker & Kane & John Cena & Triple H..
- WWE Champion Randy Orton came out and bragged about each of his successful WWE Championship defenses..
- After the match: John Cena FU'd Edge. JBL gave HHH a Lariat. Orton RKO'd Cena. Taker chokeslammed Orton & JBL!
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.