WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
July 5, 2001|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Dudleyz vs Spike Dudley & Chris Jericho
- Spike hits the Wazzup Headbutt on D-Von.
- Dudleyz apply the 3D to Spike for the pin.
- BACKSTAGE: Vince, Austin, Debra, Angle
- Mr. McMahon was pacing in his office when Stone Cold Steve Austin and Debra walked in. Mr. McMahon began to tell the Rattlesnake how humiliated he was last Monday on RAW IS WAR when his wife found him half-naked in the laundry room with Torrie Wilson.
- Debra said she thought he got what he deserved, which prompted Stone Cold to snap at Debra.
- Austin then said he had a present for his boss, and he handed him a large red box. Inside, Vince found a brand new Texas cowboy hat, which he tried on. After Austin put his matching hat on as well, Kurt Angle walked in.
- Angle saw the other two had hats, and he began to feel left out. Austin, however, said not to worry because he had bought the Olympic hero a hat as well. Angle opened his box and found a kids' size cowboy hat, which he tried on. Not realizing the joke was on him, Angle said that he truly felt like a real cowboy.
- LOCKER ROOM: Referees.
- WWF and WCW referees were seen having a heated argument about who should be in the officials' locker room. Federation official Earl Hebner and WCW ref Nick Patrick had to be pulled apart before punches were thrown.
- MATCH: Crash vs Jacky
- Crash gets a bloodied nose.
- Jacky wins with a modified Hurricanrana off the top rope.
- BACKSTAGE: Jeff Hardy, Trish Stratus, Matt Hardy, Lita
- Jeff Hardy was lacing his boots in the locker room when Trish Stratus walked in.
- Trish said she appreciated what he had done for her this past Monday on RAW when he saved her from the Big Show.
- At that point, Lita and Matt Hardy walked in and asked Jeff what was going on.
- As Trish left, it was obvious that Lita and Matt were upset that Jeff had been consorting with the blonde beauty.
- RECAP: Main Event of Smackdown.
- Michael Cole & Tazz say that Booker T will defend his title tonight on Smackdown.
- BACKSTAGE: Vince, Austin, Angle, Debra
- After hearing that news, Mr. McMahon asked Stone Cold and Angle why Booker T was here.
- At that point, someone knocked on the door. After the voice behind the door asked for Mr. McMahon, Angle happily let the man in the office.
- The man then slapped Vince with an envelope containing a subpoena for him to appear in court for divorce proceedings on July 23 -- just one day after Invasion!
- WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: Gregory Helms vs Billy Kidman
- WWF Light Heavyweight Champion X-Pac was seen watching the match on a monitor backstage, no doubt scouting the talent in the comparable division.
- Kidman gets the win and is your NEW WCW Cruiserweight Champion.
- BACKSTAGE: Vince, Debra,
- Mr. McMahon said he couldn't believe that women were always trying to set him up and ruin his reputation.
- Debra said she didn't think that was possible.
- Vince said he wasn't going to let it happen, so he decided that he was going to go to the public and tell his side of the story.
- He said that if he told the truth, the public would understand his stance.
- EARLIER TODAY: Booker T, APA & Troops.
- In a segment taped earlier in the day, Booker T was seen arriving to the arena where he was greeted by a number of Federation Superstars, including the APA, Hardcore Holly, Raven, Haku and others. APA started to make fun of Booker T getting his ass kicked this past Monday. Booker T said that he had gotten his ass kicked, but he said that tonight, once again, he would successfully defend the WCW Championship.
- BACKSTAGE: Edge & Christian
- Christian polished Edge's King of the Ring trophy, getting it ready for Edge's Intercontinental Championship match against Albert.
- Edge told him that no one was allowed at ringside, which visibly hurt Christian.
- As Edge left, Christian slowly sat down and hugged the trophy.
- IN THE RING: Vince McMahon, William Regal
- Federation Chairman Vince McMahon made his way to the ring to tell his side of the story concerning his divorce.
- Backstage, Stone Cold and Angle watched the scene on a monitor.
- Vince said that when every person dies, they either leave a good or bad reputation. He said that his wife, Linda, wants everyone to believe that he is a womanizer, a philanderer and even a skirt-chaser.
- He said this past Monday on RAW, his wife and WCW's Torrie Wilson set him up and tried to give him a bad reputation.
- He said that he had no intentions of going that far with Torrie. He said he was simply testing Torrie's loyalty as a prospective Federation Superstar.
- He said the past few days had been pretty traumatic for him, and tonight was no exception, seeing as he was served with a subpoena to appear in court with his wife the day after Invasion.
- He said he simply wanted to protect his reputation, and he wanted to tell everyone watching him - including the judge that will be presiding in his hearing on July 23 - that he is sorry for everything he has done. He was sorry for ever causing anyone any pain. He was sorry for any heartbreak that he may have given. He was sorry for being misunderstood, misinterpreted, and for even being born!
- At that point, Federation Commissioner William Regal appeared and said he couldn't stand to see Vince do this. He said it was his overwhelming kindness that made him the victim in this situation.
- The two then had an emotional hug in the ring, which angered Stone Cold and Angle in the backstage area.
- Vince said that Regal was right. It was not his fault that women all over the world found him incredibly attractive and irresistable, and that it wasn't his fault that he was a verile man. It wasn't his fault that he was charismatic, that he was a self-made billionaire that people take advantage of or that he was well-endowed.
- He then thanked God that he was Vince McMahon and that he was damn proud of it!
- TAG TEAM MATCH: Hardy Boyz w/ Lita vs Billy Gunn & Big Show
- Inside the ring, the Hardyz double-teamed Big Show, with Matt hitting his Twist of Fate and Jeff landing his Swanton Bomb.
- However, with the ref distracted, Gunn snuck into the ring and hit The One and Only on Matt, which allowed the Big Show to cover the older Hardy for the win!
- BACKSTAGE: Vince, Austin, Angle, Debra, Regal, Tajiri
- Vince was telling Stone Cold, Angle, Debra, Regal and Tajiri that he was going to celebrate tonight.
- He said he was taking the rest of the night off, and that he was going to the nearest strip joint!
- When Vince left, Stone Cold started berating Regal for hugging Mr. McMahon earlier.
- INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Albert vs Edge
- Albert hits a low blow, followed up by the BaldoBomb for the win.
- BACKSTAGE: APA & Troops, Steve Austin, Kurt Angle.
- The APA and the other Federation Superstars were apologizing to Test for thinking he was the WCW mole on RAW.
- At that point, Stone Cold and Angle walked up to the group.
- Austin told the Superstars that now, more than ever, they had to band together and take out the invading WCW!
- With morale high, the Superstars were ready for action - then Angle spoke.
- Angle told them that Austin could whip Booker T and WCW all by himself, but he was going to allow the Superstars to help him.
- Angle also said that Stone Cold could beat the hell out of every single Federation Superstar there, but he chooses to take out WCW instead.
- At that point, all the anti-WCW energy had left the room, and the APA and the rest of the Superstars decided they would band together at the closest bar, and they left.
- MATCH: Scotty Too Hotty vs Dean Malenko w/ Terri & Perry
- During the match, Saturn put on Scotty's visor and attempted to do his own rendition of the Worm onto Malenko, but Dean stopped him before he could finish it.
- Then, from behind, Scotty nailed Malenko and hit the Worm for the win!
- BACKSTAGE: Diamond Dallas Page
- DDP was getting prepared for his WCW Championship match against Booker T when a WCW ref walked by and wished him luck.
- DDP said he didn't need luck to become the next WCW Champion.
- He asked the ref if he had seen the Undertaker or Sara, and the referee said he had not.
- DDP then said that his Diamond Cutter was sharper than ever, and that he couldn't wait to cut off Taker's head with it.
- BACKSTAGE: Austin, Angle, Debra
- Austin can't beleive Booker T would step foot in a WWF arena again.
- Austin says he should go down during the match and kick Booker's ass.
- Stone Cold then asked Angle what he would do to Booker T.
- The Olympic Champ said he would beat the hell out of him, hit his Angle Slam and break his ankle!
- Stone Cold then told Angle good luck, and sent him to ringside to carry out his words.
- WCW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Booker T vs DDP
- Scott Hudson & Arn Anderson take the announce position.
- Just as DDP was about to hit Booker in the head with a chair, The Undertaker runs down and distracts DDP.
- Booker rolls him up for the win!
- Taker chases DDP to the BACKSTAGE area.
- At that point, Angle ran down and attacked Booker T in the middle of the ring, but Booker T hit his patented scissor-kick, which laid out the Olympic hero.
- BACKSTAGE: Diamond Dallas Page, Undertaker.
- Taker chased DDP outside the arena, where a gang of WCW Wrestlers were waiting. Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Chavo Guerrero, Buff Bagwell, Chris Kanyon, and Shawn Stasiak attack Taker.
- Shane McMahon comes outside to try to save the Undertaker and call of his WCW employees.
- The WCW wrestlers turn on Shane and beat him up.
- Booker T comes in for the save, but is also beat up, and left laying.
- With loads of confusion and questions looming in the air, Smackdown ends...
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.