WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
June 12, 2003|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPING:
- Orlando Jordan defeated Shannon Moore..
- Rikishi defeated Crash Holly..
- Brian Kendrick defeated Chad Collyer..
- Bill Demott defeated Chris Kanyon..
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Rey Mysterio vs Matt Hardy..
- Backstage, Matt Hardy blames his loss last week on Crash & Shannon and tells them to stay in the back!
- Midway through the match, Rey Mysterio reaggrivates his injured groin..
- Rey Mysterio still won the match after a West Coast Pop to retain his title..
- PIPERS PIT: Roddy Piper & Sean O'Haire + Eddie Guerrero & Tajiri..
- Piper's Pit is set up with a Mexican Buffet and Piper called it "International Piper's Pit"..
- Eddie Guerrero jokes that Roddy Piper would use the loaded Borito gimmick on him!
- Roddy Piper & Sean O'Haire tricks Tajiri into trading the title belt for some sushi..
- Eddie Guerrero tries to get it back, but Sean O'Haire said he LIED!!
- Roddy Piper shared drinks with Eddie & Tajiri, and Tajiri spits it in Piper's face!
- Eddie Guerrero whacks Sean O'Haire and steals the belt back for Tajiri!
- BACKSTAGE: Sable & Stephanie McMahon..
- Sable is in Stephanie McMahon's office on her laptop computer..
- Stephanie walks in and Sable says she was just looking for Zach Gowan's contract..
- Sable says she did see that Stephanie was bringing back the United States title..
- Stephanie says that she is and that she ruined the surprise..
- Stephanie says that she doesn't trust Sable and won't allow her to sweet talk and lie to her..
- MATCH: A-Train vs Billy Gunn..
- Torrie Wilson came out for no reason what-so-ever and was the special guest ring announcer..
- Billy Gunn returns to Smackdown! using his old "Assman" gimmick and theme music..
- Billy Gunn quickly won the match and celebrated with Torrie Wilson, and left together..
- MATCH: Undertaker vs Johnny Stamboli w/Nunzio & Chuck Palumbo..
- Undertaker wins after the Last Ride Powerbomb dispite interference by the FBI..
- Undertaker goes after Nunzio after the match, but Chuck Palumbo attacks him from behind!
- Undertaker fights back and chokeslams Chuck Palumbo and sets up for the Last Ride..
- Nunzio clocked the Undertaker with a steel chair from behind!
- BACKSTAGE: Mr. America & Zach Gowan..
- Mr. America is helping Zach Gowan warm up for his arm wrestling match with Vince McMahon..
- ARM WRESTLING CONTEST: Vince McMahon vs Zach Gowan..
- General Manager Stephanie McMahon comes out to the ring first to oversee the contest..
- Sable interrupts and joins Stephanie in the ring but Steph doesn't let her say anything..
- Vince McMahon comes out looking more buff than ever -- someone has been in the gym..
- Mr. America gets on the mic and challenges Vince McMahon to an arm wrestling match instead..
- Vince McMahon says he isn't afriad of Mr. America because he's got billion dollar biceps..
- Vince McMahon says he signed to arm wrestle "that little kid right there" (Zach Gowan)..
- Vince McMahon says he will arm wrestle Mr. America if he leaves the ring when he loses..
- Vince & Mr. America lock up and fight for advantage until Mr. America flips his middle finger up!
- Sable steps in and stops the contest to save Vince, and Steph tells her to stay out of it!
- Vince & Mr. America lock up again, and Sable flashes Mr. America allowing Vince to win!!
- Mr. America resists the urge to knock out Vince McMahon and leaves the ring with Stephanie McMahon..
- Vince McMahon also excuses Sable, telling her that she has a beautiful set of... eyes!
- Vince McMahon & Zach Gowan then lock up and Zach was about to beat Vince McMahon..
- Vince McMahon kicks Zach Gowan's leg out from under the table and slams his hand down for the win!
- Vince McMahon tells Zach Gowan to get out of his ring, and then celebrates disgracefully..
- BACKSTAGE: Mr. America & Zach Gowan + Big Show..
- Mr. America is consolling Zach Gowan when the Big Show approaches them..
- Big Show says he has two words for Zach Gowan -- FORGET IT!
- TAG MATCH: Chris Benoit & Rhyno vs The Basham Brothers w/Chiniqua..
- The Basham Brothers come out with their new valet Chiniqua (aka Linda Miles from Tough Enough)..
- Rhyno accidentally strikes Chris Benoit, leading to Danny Basham pinning Chris Benoit..
- After the commercial, Rhyno & Chris Benoit argue backstage and go nose-to-nose..
- MATCH: John Cena vs Funaki..
- John Cena cuts his usual anti-'insert local city' rap promo also cutting down Funaki..
- Funaki gets on the mic and does his own little rap, then does the robot dance, then gets killed..
- IN THE RING: Kurt Angle + Team Angle..
- Kurt Angle comes out and calls out Team Angle to talk with them..
- Kurt Angle says that neither Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas called him when he was in the hospital..
- Kurt Angle asks why Team Angle wasn't around when he made his big return last week..
- Shelton Benjamin says they were sick last week -- SICK of being in Kurt Angle's shodow!
- Shelton Bemjamin asks where Kurt Angle was when they were wrestling ladder matches!
- Kurt Angle says that Team Angle went from being World Class Atheletes to World Class Whiners..
- Kurt Angle says that they are supposed to be Team Angle, and proposes they talk about it..
- Charlie Haas says that Kurt Angle's been doing a lot of talking lately..
- Charlie Haas says that as a team, you're only as strong as your Captain!
- Charlie Haas says that Kurt Angle is no longer their Captain, he's a LOSER!
- Charlie Haas says they are tired of the people chanting YOU SUCK when they come out..
- Kurt Angle says that the people chant YOU SUCK, because he EARNED it, wrestling for 4 years!
- Charlie Haas says that they feel there needs to be a change of leadership..
- Charlie Haas names he and Shelton Benjamin co-captains, and Kurt Angle is below them..
- Kurt Angle says that he is the founder of Team Angle, and fires both Shelton & Charlie!!
- Backstage after the commercial, Shelton & Charlie attack Kurt Angle and lays him out!
- WWE TITLE MATCH: Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show..
- Match ends when Brock Lesnar superplex's Big Show off the top rope and the ring implodes!
- Both men are knocked silly and EMT's run down to check on them..
- Editor's Note: You can tell it was a work cause all the camera men were standing 5 steps back from the ring.
- Smackdown! goes OFF THE AIR....
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.