WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
August 28, 2003|
El Paso, Texas
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Ultimo Dragon defeated Bobby Vain..
- Doug Basham defeated Billy Gunn..
- Shannon Moore defeated H.B. Gates..
- Tajiri defeated Billy Kidman to become the #1 contender for the Cruiserweight title..
- Tag Team Champions Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin defeated The APA..
- IN THE RING: Eddie Guerrero + John Cena..
- Eddie Guerrero arrives in the parking lot with a low-rider sports car..
- Eddie Guerrero enters the building through the front door and walks through the crowd to the ring..
- Eddie Guerrero enters the ring to a thunderous hometown response, including chants of "Eddie! Eddie!"
- Eddie Guerrero (playing the babyface) greets the crowd and says that he's back home!
- Eddie Guerrero talks about his ancestors coming to El Paso many years ago..
- Eddie Guerrero says that his Great Great Great Grandma cheated on her citizenship test (because it was in English)..
- Eddie Guerrero says she stole a donkey after she passed and got her citizenship..
- John Cena came out and interrupted Eddie Guerrero's speech..
- John Cena cuts a rap promo against Eddie Guerrero and and the El Paso fans..
- Eddie Guerrero says John Cena can talk about him, but he cannot talk about his "people" that way!
- Eddie Guerrero gets upset and sticks up for his "People"..
- John Cena says he won't fight Eddie Guerrero unless the United States title is on the line..
- Eddie Guerrero agrees to the match later tonight..
- Eddie Guerrero & John Cena brawl for a bit before John Cena is tossed over the top rope..
- Deafinging chants of "Eddy! Eddie ! Eddie !" as Eddie Guerrero puts John Cena's Massachusetts Jersey on..
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Rey Mysterio vs Nunzio w/The FBI..
- The referee bans The Full Blooded Italians from ringside before the match begins..
- Rey Mysterio pins Nunzio to retain the Cruiserweight title..
- MATCH: Chris Benoit vs A-Train w/Sable..
- Editor's Note: Why is it that whenever Chris Benoit lights it up on PPV, he always get a shit match on the following TV..
- A-Train taps out to the crippler crossface, but his legs were laying under the bottom rope..
- Sable & A-Train complains but the referee's decision is final..
- BACKSTAGE: Eddie Guerrero..
- Someone runs up to Eddie Guerrero and says that somebody was messing up his ride in the parking lot!
- Eddie Guerrero bolting out the door to see what had happened..
- BACKSTAGE: Chris Benoit & A-Train + Rhyno..
- A-Train confronts Chris Benoit, and says that he just can't beat him in a match!
- Rhyno comes out of nowhere with a brutal spear straight through the locker room door!
- BACKSTAGE: Eddie Guerrero & The APA + The FBI..
- Eddie Guerrero tapes a fit when he finds his vehicle vandalized..
- Eddie Guerrero confronts several bystanders, including the APA, Funaki, Orlando Jordan and the FBI..
- The FBI members snicker and laugh at Eddie Guerrero's missing tire..
- Eddie Guerrero attacks the FBI, and is pulled off by the Bradshaw & Ron Simmons..
- IN THE RING: Brock Lesnar + Kurt Angle + The Undertaker + The Big Show + Kurt Angle..
- Brock Lesnar, in an unbelievably bad mood, comes to the ring and order the fans to shut up and sit down!
- Brock Lesnar screams that he's sick of people telling that he tapped out at Summerslam..
- Brock Lesnar says that Summerslam was a damn fluke, and won't happen again..
- Brock Lesnar says that Summerslam was the most embarassing thing to ever happen to him..
- Brock Lesnar says that if people think his fued with Kurt Angle is over, they're wrong..
- Brock Lesnar then calls out Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle appears on the big screen and makes fun of Brock Lesnar for whining about losing..
- Kurt Angle says that the fans don't like whining, the fans like action!
- Kurt Angle threatens to come out to confront Brock Lesnar in the ring..
- Suddenly, The Undertaker's music hits and the Undertaker rides his motorbike down to ringside..
- Undertaker says that Brock Lesnar had his chance at the WWE title, and he tapped out..
- Undertaker says the rule of the yard says that Brock Lesnar has to go to the back of the line..
- Undertaker says that it's been a long time since HE got a title shot..
- Undertaker impries that Brock Lesnar is trespassing on "his Yard" and wants to help him out of the Yard..
- Weeellllllllll, well it's the Biiig Show --- out comes the Big Show..
- The Big Show says that there's been enough talking about the #1 Contendership..
- The Big Show says that he's inflicted more pain on Brock, Taker, and Angle than anybody else..
- Kurt Angle's music hits and he comes out to the ring and says he doesn't care who he faces..
- Kurt Angle says he doesn't care what happens, but SOMEBODY better make up their mind tonight..
- Que the General Manager of Smackdown!, Stephanie McMahon, who comes out with half a dress on..
- Stephanie sets up a match (which we all figured out 15 minutes ago) between Brock vs Taker vs Big Show..
- Stephanie says the winner of the triple threat match will face Kurt Angle for the WWE title..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & John Cena..
- Josh Mathews asks John Cena if he had anything to do with Eddie Guerrero's car being vandalized..
- John Cena says that the crime-rate in El Paso is off the charts, suggesting Eddie has a local enemy..
- John Cena flat out denies having anything to do with it..
- UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: Eddie Guerrero vs John Cena..
- John Cena walks out with Eddie 's tire under his arm, saying Eddie isn't the only one who can Lie, Cheat & Steal!
- Eddie Guerrero charges the ring and attacks John Cena to start the match!
- Eddie Guerrero brought the tire into the ring, but the referee took it and dropped it out of the ring..
- Behind the referee's back, Eddie Guerrero brought a chair into the ring and whacked John Cena in the head!
- Eddie Guerrero went to the top rope for the frog splash, but John Cena rolled out of the way!
- Late in the match, John Cena hit Eddie Guerrero with a low-blow and got himself disqualified..
- John Cena smashes Eddie 's head with his steel chain, busting him open!
- John Cena hits Eddie Guerrero with the FU ONTO the tire from Eddie 's car!
- #1 CONTENDERS TRIPLE THREAT: The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show..
- Kurt Angle came down and joined Michael Cole & Tazz at the announce table..
- Midway through the match, Brock Lesnar was about to F5 Undertaker into the post, but it was reversed..
- The Undertaker was about to get a pinfall, when the Big Show pulled the referee out by the leg!
- A few minutes later, Brock Lesnar F5'd Undertaker in the middle of the ring, but Big Show broke up the pinfall..
- The Big Show climbs the ropes, with hopes of chokeslamming Brock Lesnar from the top!
- The Undertaker breaks it up though..
- Brock Lesnar gets in position to superplex the Big Show AGAIN [Click here to see what happened last time]
- The Undertaker slips under Brock Lesnar and powerbombs him off the top rope an pins him to win!!
- The Undertaker becomes #1 Contender for the WWE championship, match to take place next week!
- Smackdown! goes OFF THE AIR....
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.