WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
January 1, 2004|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- A-Train defeated Funaki..
- The Basham Brothers defeated Los Maximos..
- Jamie Noble defeated Brandon Groom..
- Shannon Moore & Orlando Jordan defeated Akio & Sakoda..
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Tajiri w/Sakoda & Akio vs Rey Mysterio..
- Akio & Sakoda intefere and prevent Rey Mysterio from connecting with the 619!
- Eventually the referee got knocked down, and Akio shoved Rey Mysterio off the top rope into a Tajiri-kick!
- Sakoda tried to interfere but got a face full of green mist by accident!
- Rey Mysterio kicked Akio off the ring apron and then rolled up Tajiri for the pin to win the Cruiserweight title!!!!
- IN RING INTERVIEW: Michael Cole & Rey Mysterio + The Big Show + Hardcore Holly..
- Editor's Note: My god Michael Cold looks big standing next to Rey Mysterio..
- Rey Mysterio said he had ONE new years resolution and that was to recapture the cruiserweight title..
- Rey Mysterio said he loves performing for fans from Memphis to Melbourne, and from Tokyo to Texas!!
- Suddenly the Big Show's music hit and he comes out to the ring with his United States title belt..
- The Big Show says he has more important business to discuss, the "hottest" thing on the market..
- The Big Show unvails his T-shirt with "Chicks Dig it Big" slogan and says there are plus sizes for the overweight fans..
- Rey Mysterio (feeling disrespected) grabs the shirt out of Big Show's hands and threatens to throw it to the fans..
- The Big Show threatens to beat Rey Mysterio up if he did, and Rey went ahead and tossed it into the crowd!
- The Big Show attacked Rey Mysterio and beat the living hell out of him until Hardcore Holly made the save!
- Rey Mysterio hit a 619 for good measure before escaping with Hardcore Holly..
- BACKSTAGE: The Big Show & Paul Heyman..
- The Big Show throws the US title on the floor (remember when champions were proud of their title?)..
- The Big Show starts to destroy things until Paul Heyman shows up to talk some sense into him..
- Paul Heyman gives Big Show a match against Hardcore Holly later tonight..
- MATCH: Bradshaw vs Rhyno..
- This is the rubber match, with both wrestlers owning one victory over the other..
- Bradshaw wins the match after the clothesline from hell..
- BACKSTAGE: Paul Heyman & John Cena..
- Paul Heyman says it was an honor for the Smackdown! superstars to entertain the troops in Iraq..
- John Cena interrupts and says Paul Heyman wasn't even in Iraq when guys like him were over there performing..
- John Cena calls General Manager Paul Heyman a "Big Fat Coward"..
- Paul Heyman says he's never been called a coward because he's always led his troops into battle..
- Paul Heyman says that John Cena and a partner have to win their match tonight to gain entry into the Royal Rumble..
- HANDICAP MATCH: The FBI (Nunzio, Chuck Palumbo, Johnny Stamboli) vs John Cena & Chris Benoit..
- John Cena was prepared to fight the FBI by himself but Chris Benoit came out and offered to be his partner..
- Chris Benoit made one of the FBI members tap out to win the match and gain entry into the Royal Rumble!
- IN THE RING: Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle proclaims that "You're olympic hero is back, baby!"
- Kurt Angle says he was on a "well deserved break, to spend time with his family" --- uhh and have surgery..
- Kurt Angle gives a speech about the troops in Iraq and issues his thanks for all tha they've done..
- Kurt Angle says he met a soldier who left for Iraq six weeks before his wife was about to give birth..
- Kurt Angle says that that soldier couldn't see his baby girls first steps and hold her, and that's a sacrifice..
- Kurt Angle says he's not a soldier, he's a wrestler, and he can kick ass in a WWE ring!
- Kurt Angle enters himself into the 2004 Royal Rumble and predicts that he's going to win it for the soldiers!
- NON (US) TITLE MATCH: The Big Show vs Hardcore Holly..
- Editor's Note: Has this big goof defended the title at all since he won it???
- Rey Mysterio came down and used a chair on Big Show to get revenge for earlier in the night..
- Hardcore Holly gets disqualified for kicking Big Show between the legs as he set up for the choke slam..
- Hardcore Holly used a steel chair and busting Big Show open!
- BACKSTAGE: Paul Heyman & Dawn Marie + Chris Benoit..
- Dawn Marie wonders when Paul Heyman would give her the cover of Smackdown! magazine like he promised..
- Chris Benoit enters the office of the GM laughing and says Paul Heyman is looking at the "next" WWE champion!
- Paul Heyman says that Chris Benoit is a "working grunt" and he (Heyman) is "managerment"..
- Paul Heyman says that Chris Benoit will enter the Royal Rumble at #1 and will have to go through 29 other men!
- BACKSTAGE: Rey Mysterio & Friends + Los Guerreros..
- Rey Mysterio celebrates his title victory with Bradshaw, Funaki, Orlando Jordan and others..
- Eddie Guerrero comes in and Congratulates Rey Mysterio, but Chavo Guerrero stands in the background upset..
- Chavo Guerrero pulls hi uncle Eddie aside and asks why he is so selfish for talking about entering the Royal Rumble..
- Chavo Guerrero tells Eddie to foctus on Los Guerreros and their upcoming tag team match..
- TAG MATCH: Los Guerreros vs Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas..
- Chavo Guerrero took a beating for a while, and passed up an opportunity to tag his uncle Eddie into the match..
- Eddie Guerrero tricked Shelton Benjamin into distracting the ref, and pulled Chavo into their corner..
- The referee turned around and Eddie Guerrero tagged himself into the match!
- Eddie Guerrero took the offense to Benjamin/Haas and set up for the frog splash..
- Chavo Guerrero persisted that Eddie allow HIM to go for the frog splash instead..
- Eddie Guerrero got knocked out of the ring, and Chavo Guerrero botched the frog-splash and got pinned!
- IN THE RING: Eddie & Chavo Guerrero..
- Eddie Guerrero tried to help Chavo up but Chavo blamed it all on Eddie !
- Chavo Guerrero says he works just as hard as Eddie but he doesn't get any "Chavo" chants..
- Eddie Guerrero tries to start a "Chavo" chant but it doesn't catch on..
- Chavo Guerrero says that everywhere he goes, all he hears is "Eddy! Eddie ! Eddie ! Eddie !"..
- Chavo Guerrero says "You know what, I'm sick of it.. and I'm sick of YOU!" and slaps the taste out of Eddie 's mouth!!
- Eddie Guerrero stands their briefly, letting the "Latino Heat" boil..
- Kurt Angle runs out and stops anything from going down between the Guerreros..
- BACKSTAGE: Kurt Angle & Eddie Guerrero..
- Kurt Angle says that Eddie Guerrero would be selfish for wanting to enter the Royal Rumble..
- Kurt Angle says it's all about traditional american family values and challenges Eddie to look himself in the mirror..
- And that's a wrap..
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.