WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
July 22, 2004|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- John Heidenreich defeated Shannon Moore..
- Johnny Stamboli defeated Danny Basham..
- Hardcore Holly defeated Akio..
- Rob Van Dam defeated Rene Dupree (Dupree suffered a bloody lip during the match)..
- IN THE RING: Kurt Angle & Luther Reigns..
- Luther Reigns wheels out General Manager Kurt Angle in a wheelchair even though he scaled a steel cage last week!
- Kurt Angle says he is an extraordinary human being capable of doing extraordinary things..
- Kurt Angle says he despises anybody who brings disgrace and embarassment to the WWE..
- Kurt Angle says he sucked it up and did the impossible, making sure Eddie Guerrero didn't embarass the WWE..
- Kurt Angle says that afterwards, his doctors told him that he hurt his knee more and risked permanent peralysis..
- Kurt Angle says it was worth it to maintain Kurt Angle's Smackdown!..
- Kurt Angle brags about stripping John Cena of the US title, and JBL being an honorable WWE champion..
- Kurt Angle says he could fire Eddie Guerrero on the spot, but he won't, but he DOES have to beg for his job!
- Kurt Angle asks ring announcer Tony Chimmel (who is from Philadelphia) to enter the ring with his microphone..
- Kurt Angle says that Tony Chimmel was the ring announcer for his last match in the WWE when Eddie beat him!
- Kurt Angle says that the last image was of Tony Chimmel declaring Eddie the winner with a smile on his face!
- Kurt Angle calls Tony Chimmel a cheater and a liar, and says that is grounds for immediate dismissal!
- Kurt Angle tells Tony Chimmel to convince him not to fire him on the spot -- on his knees!
- Tony Chimmel drops to his knees and "sincerely apologizes if he offended him in any way"..
- Kurt Angle says it wasn't good enough and says "Tony Chimmel, you're fired!" cause he's not a good begger!
- Kurt Angle says that Eddie Guerrero will be begging for his job before the night is over..
- #1 CONTENDERS MATCH: Chavo Guerrero vs Jamie Noble vs Spike Dudley..
- They played up the fact that Spike Dudley and Rey Mysterio have recently become very good friends..
- Spike Dudley pinned Chavo Guerrero to become #1 Contender to Rey Mysterio's Cruiserweight title..
- BACKSTAGE: Kurt Angle & Torrie Wilson & Sable & Miss Jackie & Dawn Marie..
- The Smackdown! divas are begging to be used more on Smackdown! and feel they've been ignored lately..
- Kurt Angle books a Fatal Fourway Ligerie Match between Torrie vs Sable vs Jackie vs Dawn Marie!
- MATCH: Bubba Dudley w/DVon Dudley vs Billy Kidman w/Paul London..
- DVon pushed Billy Kidman off the top rope and Paul London chased him backstage..
- Bubba Dudley hit the Bubba-bomb on Billy Kidman in the ring for the victory!
- INTERVIEW: Funaki (Smackdown! #1 Announcer) & Kurt Angle + Booker T..
- Kurt Angle says that there is finally a super star on Smackdown! that he can be proud of..
- Kurt Angle says he is proud to present Booker T the United States championship belt..
- Kurt Angle says technically he can't do it yet, but immediately after the show it will be official..
- Kurt Angle says he's going to let Booker T hold the belt until then..
- Funaki complains that that isn't fair!
- Kurt Angle yells at Funaki and calls him a disgrace to Smackdown! so he FIRES HIM!!!
- Editor's Note: You know, whenever a GM goes on a firing spree, Vince McMahon always shows up..
- BACKSTAGE: Spike Dudley & The Dudley Boyz..
- The Dudleyz Congratulate their little brother on becoming CW #1 Contender and claim they are now #1 Contenders too..
- Spike Dudley once again tells his brothers to stay out of his business and not interfere in his matches!
- DVon Dudley tells Spike Dudley that he's facing Spike's good friend Rey Mysterio tonight..
- IN THE RING: John Bradshaw Layfield..
- JBL sucks up to the fans and the city of Philadelphia and brags about defeating Eddie Guerrero in a Cage last week..
- JBL then turns on the crowd and insults all their sports teams and the "Italian Stallion" Rocky Balboa..
- JBL introduces a nameless wrestler who "respesents Philadelphia" and challenges him to a match..
- JBL says if the guy can beat him, he'll grant him a WWE title shot at SummerSlam..
- MATCH: John Bradshaw Layfield vs Philadelphia Jobber (played by Mike Kruel)..
- JBL squashes the kid with a powerbomb and a clothesline from hell (pointless segment)..
- IN THE RING: John Bradshaw Layfield + The Undertaker..
- JBL gets back on the microphone and says he'll be in the main event at SummerSlam but he has no challenger..
- JBL says there is nobody worthy enough to wrestle him at SummerSlam..
- Suddenly the lights went out and the Undertaker's music played over the sound system..
- The Undertaker walked to the ring as JBL paniced in the ring and begged Undertaker not to enter..
- Why isn't anyone bringing up the fact that Bradshaw used to be one of Undertaker's followers? Oops I just did!
- JBL freaks out and says he didn't even know Undertaker was there, but he respects Undertaker..
- JBL says he was going to announce it later, but he already has a challenger for SummerSlam -- Shannon Moore!
- JBL keeps babbling on as the Undertaker silently stares accross the ring at him..
- JBL threatens to fight, but then has seconds thoughts, but Undertaker lays him out with a choke-slam!
- The Undertaker grabs the microphone and says "You.... Me........ SummerSlam!"
- LIGERIE 4-WAY: Torrie Wilson vs Sable vs Miss Jackie vs Dawn Marie..
- All four divas play to the crowd before the match while taking off their robes..
- Kurt Angle comes out to the stage to say that the four Divas are USELESS and fires all four of them!
- NON (CW) TITLE MATCH: Rey Mysterio vs DVon Dudley w/Bubba Dudley..
- Bubba Dudley tried to interfere so Billy Kidman & Paul London ran down and took care of him!
- Billy Kidman pushed DVon Dudley off the top rope and Rey Mysterio pinned DVon for the win!
- MATCH: John Cena vs Luther Reigns..
- John Cena says Kurt Angle is so mad cause his wife is cheatin' on him with Double-A batteries..
- John Cena cuts his usual rap insulting both Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns..
- The referee was knocked out and Booker T walked down to ringside with the United States belt in his hand..
- Booker T got up on the apron but accidentally whacked Luther with the US title belt!
- John Cena rolled up Luther Reigns for the victory!
- IN THE RING: Kurt Angle + Vince McMahon + Eddie Guerrero..
- Kurt Angle comes to the ring in a wheelchair, but gets in the ring with the use of a crutch..
- Kurt Angle calls out Eddie Guerrero to beg for his job and learn that you don't cross the boss..
- Vince McMahon's music hits and Vince strides out to the ring to confront Kurt Angle..
- Vince McMahon says he also believes that nobody should "cross the boss"..
- Vince McMahon says it seems like Kurt Angle is enjoying pulling the wool over everybodys eyes..
- Vince McMahon says Kurt Angle fooled the fans, the wrestlers, the board of directors, and even Vince himself!
- Vince McMahon says you don't fool with mother nature, but it's career suicide to fool with Mr. McMahon!
- Vince McMahon says he was expecting the Humanitarian award this year for hiring a handicap for GM..
- Vince McMahon asks for the resignation of Kurt Angle as General Manager of Smackdown!..
- Kurt Angle gets down on his knee and says he has nowhere else to go and begs to keep his job!
- Vince McMahon tells Kurt Angle to get to his feet and then yells "Kurt Angle's You're Fired!!!"
- Kurt Angle swings his crutch at Vince McMahon, but misses, and Vince picks it up and chases Kurt around the ring!
- Vince McMahon says there's nothing wrong with Kurt Angle! and starting tonight, he's back on the active roster!
- Vince McMahon books a match at Summerslam between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero !!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Eddie Guerrero drives down to the ring in a his convertable and gloates to towards Kurt Angle..
- Vince McMahon stops and checks out Eddie 's car, and asks to "go for a ride" with him..
- Smackdown! goes off the air......
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.