WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
August 5, 2004|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Funaki defeated Carly Colon -dark match-..
- Kenzo Suzuki defeated Shannon Moore..
- The FBI (Nunzio & Johnny Stamboli) defeated Jamie Noble & Chavo Guerrero..
- Booker T defeated Billy Gunn in a NON (US) TITLE match..
- INTRODUCTION: GM Theodore Long..
- Theodore Long says that Vince McMahon had a "vision", and Martin Luther King has a "dream"..
- Theodore Long says both men taught him to have a vision and a dream for his Smackdown!..
- Theodore Long announces a #1 Contenders Match for the United States title..... STARTING RIGHT NOW!
- #1 CONTENDER (US TITLE) MATCH: Rob Van Dam vs John Cena..
- RVD hit a SuperPlex on John Cena, but he rolled through and Cena pinned RVD to become #1 Contender!
- John Cena showed his respect for Rob Van Dam after the match with a handshake and the double-thumb salute..
- BACKSTAGE: Booker T & Theodore Long..
- Booker T says he beat that Chump (John Cena) last week and he'll do it again..
- Theodore Long says that since John Cena was stripped by that Hater (Kurt Angle) there will be a Best of 5 Series!
- IN THE RING: Eddie Guerrero & The Three Divas (Torrie, Sable & Dawn Marie)..
- Eddie Guerrero drove out in his low-rider with Dawn Marie, Torrie Wilson & Sable along with him..
- All of Kurt Angle's stuff (which is being auctioned off on WWE.com) has been placed in the center in the ring..
- Eddie Guerrero states that there is only 10 days until he gets to kick Kurt Angle's ass at Summerslam..
- Eddie Guerrero reminds the fans that the auctions on WWE.com all end tonight and wants to "raise" the value..
- Eddie Guerrero puts Angle's leg cast on Torrie, sits down in the wheelchair while all three Divas autograph the cast..
- Eddie Guerrero then gets the divas to sign the already defaced portrait of Kurt Angle..
- Eddie Guerrero then rolls the footage of him defeating Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania XX in New York..
- Eddie Guerrero says he's going to the "Summer Games" and he'll leave Kurt Angle in the Starting Blocks..
- Eddie Guerrero shows a NEW SummerSlam commericial featuring him in a sprint, but he glued the runners to the block..
- MATCH: Rene Dupree w/Fifi vs Orlando Jordan (where the hell has he been?)..
- Michael Cole explains that Orlanda Jordan has had some family problems and that's why he hasn't be around..
- Rene Dupree did the French Tickler dance and Orlando Jordan hit a missile dropkick for the upset victory!
- INTERVIEW: John Bradshaw Layfield & Josh Mathews..
- JBL says that he's been trying his best lately to become the most popular WWE champion of all time..
- JBL quotes FTR saying "there's nothing to fear, but fear itself" so he's going to call out the Undertaker tonight..
- MATCH: Kurt Angle w/Luther Reigns vs Charlie Haas w/Miss Jackie..
- Late in the match, Kurt Angle made Charlie Haas tap out to the ankle lock..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: Billy Kidman & Paul London vs The Basham Brothers..
- Kidman & London come out wearing new matching ring gear including shorts and vests..
- Paul London scored the pinfall after a 450 forward splash off the top rope!
- TAG MATCH: Rey Mysterio & Spike Dudley vs The Dudley Boyz..
- A few minutes into the match, Spike Dudley tweaked his knee while performing a drop kick..
- Spike Dudley recovered, but went for his double stomp off the top rope and injured his knee even more!
- The Dudley Boyz double-teamed Rey Mysterio in the ring for several minutes with Spike limping on the apron..
- Rey Mysterio made a quick comeback and went for a pin but only got a 2-count..
- Rey Mysterio doesn't even try for a tag because he knows that Spike isn't in any condition to compete..
- The Dudley Boyz overpowered Rey Mysterio and hit a Dudley Death Drop (3D) for the win!!!
- Spike Dudley helped Rey Mysterio up to his feet and then kicked him square between the legs!!
- Spike Dudley embraced his brothers, and grabbed them by the collar saying "Bubba, DVon, GET THE TABLE!"
- The Dudleyz place Rey Mysterio on a table, and Spike hits the double stomp off the top rope through the table!
- IN THE RING: John Bradshaw Layfield + The Midget Undertaker + The Real Undertaker + Orlando Jordan..
- JBL says he used to be a Texan, but now he's just glad that he lives in New York City..
- JBL says that tonight is about serious business, and proceeds to call out The Undertaker!
- The Undertaker's music hits, and the lights go out and a MIDGET Undertaker appears on the stage..
- The Midget Undertaker walks slowly down the isle and enters the ring, mimicking the Taker all the way..
- JBL remarks that he looks a lot bigger on Television, and then cracks a series of short jokes..
- JBL scoops the Midget Undertaker up for a Tombstone, but the lights go out, and the real Undertaker appears!
- The Undertaker attacks JBL for several minutes until..... Orlando Jordan? ..... ran down to help JBL!
- The Undertaker did his "one knee worship" deal in the ring and saw the Midget Taker copying him..
- The Undertaker picked up the Midget Undertaker and chokeslammed him to the mat!
- Smackdown! goes off the air......
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.