WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
January 27, 2005|
Little Rock, Arkansas
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Scotty Too Hotty defeated Chavo Guerrero..
- Rene Dupree defeated ?????..
- Akio defeated Nunzio..
- The Basham Brothers defeated Charlie Haas & Hardcore Holly..
- KICKOFF: JBL's Cabinit & Kurt Angle's Group..
- JBL & Kurt Angle brag about taking out the Big Show last week by joining forces..
- JBl says "together WE stand, divided THEY fall" and says they will be standing together at the end of Smackdown!..
- 6-MAN TAG: Eddie Guerrero & Booker T & Rey Mysterio vs Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak & Orlando Jordan..
- Late in the match, Orlando Jordan accidentally hit Luther Reigns... but they quickly made up..
- Rey Mysterio hit the 619, Booker T hit the scissors kick, and Eddie Guerrero hit the frog splash (all on Jindrak)..
- IN THE RING: JBL's Cabinit & Kurt Angle's Group + Theodore Long..
- After the match, Luther Reigns blamed Orlando Jordan and shoved him down to the mat!
- The Basham Brothers ran down to make the save followed by Kurt Angle coming in and slapping Danny Basham!
- John Bradshaw Layfield walked down to the ring and demands that Kurt Angle get his boys under control..
- Kurt Angle says that in order to conquer, you need to win, and Orlando knows nothing about THAT!
- JBL says he needs a Cabinit, because he is WWE champion, something Kurt Angle will never be again..
- Kurt Angle & JBL exchange heated words for several more minutes until Theodore Long comes out to the stage..
- Theodore Long books Kurt Angle vs JBl in a Last Man Standing match in the main event TONIGHT!
- UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: John Cena vs Kenzo Suzuki w/Hiroko..
- Midway through the match, John Cena grabbed Michael Cole's headset and yelled into it (trying to be the Rock)..
- John Cena won and then cut a promo about winning the Royal Rumble this weekend..
- BACKSTAGE: Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio & Booker T..
- The three wrestlers talked about how well they worked as a team tonight..
- Booker T says that Eddie Guerrero was only thinking of himself last week, and Eddie admits that he screwed up..
- Eddie Guerrero talks about the importance of winning the Royal Rumble and talks about himself winning..
- Booker T & Rey Mysterio have a chuckle and then they talk about the Rumble being "Every man for himself"..
- IN THE RING: John Heidenreich..
- John Heidenreich comes out to read a poem, but spots a fan in the front row holding a casket-shapped sign..
- John Heidenreich leaves the ring and rips up the sign and then reads his poem while his mouth starts to froth..
- DARK MATCH: The Undertaker defeated John Heidenreich (only for the live crowd)..
- BACKSTAGE: Kurt Angle & Theodore Long..
- Kurt Angle begs Theodore Long to cancel the Last Man Standing Match tonight..
- Theodore Long refuses and says they deserve it for what they did to Big Show last week..
- ROYAL RUMBLE QUALIFYING 4-WAY: Paul London defeated Spike Dudley and Shannon Moore and Sho Funaki..
- BACKSTAGE: John Bradshaw Layfield & Amy Webber & Theodore Long + Carlito Cool..
- John Layfield begs Theodore Long to cancel the Last Man Standing Match tonight..
- Theodore Long refuses and says there is someone in his office right now..
- Carlito Cool takes advantage and asks JBL to sign his petition --- that's cool!!!
- BACKSTAGE: Amy Webber & The Other Divas + Joy Giovanni..
- Amy Webber tried to convince the other Smackdown! Divas to sign Carlito Cool's petition..
- Amy Webber started insulting Joy Giovanni, and the Divas played along, while Joy was standing behind her..
- Joy Giovanni threw a strawberry milkshake on Amy Webber's chest..
- LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: John Bradshaw Layfield vs Kurt Angle..
- Midway through the match, John Layfield hit a brutal superplex on Kurt Angle..
- Mark Jindrak, Luther Reigns, Orlando Jordan, and the Bashams started fighting and were ejected from ringside!
- Several minutes later, Kurt Angle hit 6 simoltaneous german suplexes putting JBL down for a 9-count!
- After a series of stiff spots, and close counts, finally the referee counted both men out for a DRAW..
- BACKSTAGE: Theodore Long & The Big Show..
- Theodore Long thanks the Big Show for giving him the idea for this match..
- The Big Show says "I love when a plan comes together" and says he'll win the WWE title at Royal Rumble!
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.