WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
February 17, 2005|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Scotty Too Hotty & Matt Cappotelli defeated The Shane Twins (Mike & Todd) -dark match-..
- Hardcore Holly defeated Kenzo Suzuki..
- Charlie Haas defeated Rene Dupree..
- John Heidenreich defeated Mike Mondo..
- MATCH: Rey Mysterio w/Eddie Guerrero defeated Doug Basham w/Danny Basham..
- Rey Mysterio said that he would become a tag team champion again at No Way Out with his partner Eddie Guerrero!
- Danny Basham tried to interfere, distracting the referee, leading to Eddie Guerrero tripping Doug Basham up..
- BACKSTAGE: John Bradshaw Layfield & Orlando Jordan & Theodore Long..
- JBL complains about Theodore Long not doing anything to prevent Batista from invading Smackdown!..
- Theodore Long says JBL shouldn't have tried to run Batista down on RAW this past week!
- JBL claimed that he had nothing to do with it and accuses Theodore Long of orchestating the whole thing..
- JBL added that if he got hurt tonight then he was going to sue Theodore Long..
- 6-MAN TAG: Sho Funaki & Paul London & Shannon Moore vs Spike Dudley & Chavo Guerrero & Akio..
- Torrie Wilson was the useless guest ring announcer -- PS: since when is Chavo a heel? Where is Kidman?
- Midway through the match, the Rookie Divas (Joy Giovanni, Michelle McCool, Rochelle and Lauren) interrupted..
- The Rookie Divas paraded around the ring with signs labelled with their names to help the fans learn their names..
- The wrestlers stopped wrestling and pretended that they cared more about the divas than the match..
- They left, the match restarted, until Sho Funaki pinned Spike Dudley..
- KURT ANGLE INVITATIONAL: Kurt Angle vs Danny Germundo (aka Danny Inferno from OVW and new developemental wrestler)..
- Kurt Angle quickly made Danny Germundo tap out to the ankle lock and proceeded to celebrate with his medels..
- John Cena's music hit and he came out and went nose-to-nose with Kurt Angle in the entrance way..
- TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINALS: John Cena vs Booker T..
- John Cena pinned Booker T after hitting the FU after a 20-minute match..
- John Cena will face Kurt Angle in the Finals for the right to be in the SD! main event at Wrestlemania..
- BACKSTAGE: JBL & Orlando Jordan & The Basham Brothers..
- John Layfield acknowldges that he fired Amy Webber, and then assures his Cabinit that he has a plan..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & The Big Show..
- The Big Show says he's focusing on JBL, the WWE title, and the Barbed Wire Cage match at No Way Out..
- The Big Show says he's been in every kind of match before and has never been in a match that he wasn't familiar with..
- The Big Show he would put himself through it because he wants JBL and the WWE title THAT BAD..
- The Big Show says he's tired of hearing about Batista, and says he cannot get into the Cage at No Way Out anyway..
- BACKSTAGE: Booker T & John Heidenreich..
- Booker T finds John Heidenreich backstage sitting on the floor writing a poem..
- Booker T takes out his frustrations on John Heidenreich verbally -- setting up a match for No Way Out..
- MATCH: Luther Reigns w/Mark Jindrak vs Nunzio..
- Luther Reigns demolished Nunzio quickly..
- Luther Reigns got on the microphone and dedicated the destruction of Nunzio to the Undertaker..
- Luther Reigns again claimed he wasn't afraid of the Dead Man and that he doesn't intimidate him..
- Luther Reigns says there is nothing Undertaker can do to torment him -- then said that the ring was HIS YARD now..
- The Lights went out and the Undertaker BONG played over the speaker and Undertaker appeared at the entrance way..
- MATCH: Mark Jindrak w/Luther Reigns vs The Undertaker..
- The Undertaker pinned Mark Jindrak after a chokeslam and a Tombstone Piledriver for the win!
- Luther Reigns snatched a camera from a ringside camera man and smashed Undertaker over the head with it!
- Luther Reigns walked away proud of himself -- but Undertaker sat up in the ring and stalked Reigns backstage!
- BACKSTAGE: Theodore Long & Carlito Cool..
- Carlito Cool showed up and offered to help Theodore Long clean out his office..
- Theodore Long says the Board of Directors have decided to make their decision next week on SD!..
- Theodore Long says he isn't worried about that now, he's focusing on signing Batista to Smackdown!..
- Carlito Cool suspects and accuses Thedore Long of framing JBL to encourage Batista to come to SD!..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & John Cena + Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle quickly interrupts John Cena's interview and recalls Cena's first match on SD! (against Angle)..
- Kurt Angle says John Cena doesn't belong in the main event of Wrestlemania and he'll beat him like he always does..
- John Cena said Kurt Angle will be facing a "Hungry Son of a Bitch" who is going to Wrestlemania..
- BACKSTAGE: JBL & Orlando Jordan & The Basham Brothers..
- John Bradshaw Layfield gets word that Batista has arrived, and they organize themselves..
- IN THE RING: John Bradshaw Layfield & Orlando Jordan & The Basham Brothers + Batista..
- JBL once again claims that he was not involved in the attempted run-down of Batista on RAW..
- JBL calls out Batista (who just then arrives in a convertable backstage) and tells Big Show to pay attention..
- Batista notices JBL's limousine in the parking lot and smashes it to pieces with a baseball bat!
- Batista gets back in his car and drives away, as the Bashams & Orlando Jordan arrive at the scene..
- The Big Show hit the ring and attacked John Bradshaw Layfield (who stayed in the ring like a dummy)..
- The Big Show beat on JBL until The Bashams & Orlando Jordan came back and they quadrupal teamed Big Show!
- Suddenly Batista hit the ring and demolished The Bashams and Orlando Jordan as JBL looked on..
- Batista turned around to find Big Show breathing down his neck, but they both turned and starred at JBL..
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.